C5: Introduction - Aneela Karu

Star Wars: Prelude to Hope begins after the Clone Wars and the turning of Skywalker to the Dark Side. Run by GM Bo
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: C5: Introduction - Aneela Karu

Post by Bo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:33 am

As the droid seemingly comes from nowhere, Ackbar quickly scuttles to safety. Aneela turns and, in a blur, fires. However, her shot goes wide, careening off the smooth sewer walls and disappearing into blackness. For some reason, there is a tickling in the back of the girl's brain and she hears a voice whisper, 'Safety!'
Attack 12. Miss.
The droid fires, hovering over the ground and beeping electronically. The shot misses.
Attack 12. Miss
On Aneela's right flank, she finds Ackbar. A red flash of light comes from his pistol but this, too, misses the mark.
Attack 16 miss
Aneela...
After finishing off this guy, a skill challeng will likely commence. :)
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:48 pm

Anneela ignores the voice in her head for the moment, since it makes no sense and she has more pressing concerns. Instead, she fires again at the droid and retreats some more. She says to Ackbar, "They really want you bad."
Standard Action: Fire at the droid.
Move action: Retreat Another 6 squares.

I've never done a skill challenge before--that should be interesting.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:19 am

I just spent awhile posting to your thread and submitted it and now it's no longer there. This has happened twice over the past week. I'm not toing to type up everything over again because I've just worked 10 hrs and have to get up at 5 am to work again... so....
Aneela attacks and misses. The droid attacks and misses. Ackbar hits and destroys the droid and makes a witty comment ;)
Skill Challenge: Navigate the Sewers
5 successes before 3 failures
Stealth DC 18
Perception DC 18
Anything else you think is clever.
Each failure spawns a droid. Another droid shows up after 2 rounds.
Success: You leave the sewers
Failure: Something bad happens
Enjoy - sorry about the crappy post.. the other one was good but I don't want to type it up again :(
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:26 am

Yeah, I've lost postings too when some snafu happens with the computer or browser. I've actually long since gotten into the habit of highlighting and copying all my posts before I hit the "submit" button to avoid just that problem.
"Nice shot," says Anneela, "but I think they've figured out we're down here. We'll need to get out soon, to some place safer, like the water below the city." She looks back sadly at the body of the Devaronian spy, who apparently had gotten in way over his head. Anneela wonders if she hasn't too. She takes a few calming, meditative breaths as Master Aku had taught her, then uses the Force to extend her senses and get a better feel for her surroundings. She tries to get a sense of the lay-out of the sewers, if there are any more scout droids, and where a way out might lie.
Something else I think is clever :) :
Use the Force check to Sense Surroundings. I know it's not part of the standard rules, but if you're willing to let me spend a Force Point to see more clearly and/or farther, I'd like to do it.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:13 am

Aneela reaches out with the Force as she and Ackbar step over 'deadaronian' (muahaha!) and continue their journey through the darkness. There are lights from above at intervals, but Aneela has other senses besides sight: Letting the Force flow through her, she's more easiliy able to navigate the tunnels and is able to avoid a few droids as she senses their mechanical presence around this corner or that corner.

"So far so good," says Ackbar in hushed tones. "But these tunnels go on for many more meters.. keep your guard up."
UTF Sense Surroundings 29 vs DC 20 (Targets have total cover) - success! Success 1 / Fail 0. We'll count that as a success as sense surroundings is a great use of UTF! You'll now have +2 to your other skill checks during the skill challenge.
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:38 am

"This isn't the first time I've taken refuge in the sewers," Anneela tells Ackbar. She found herself doing it more than once in her pre-Jedi days as a petty criminal. She focuses on remembering the tricks she had learned to move through water without making too much noise, even as she uses the Force to guide herself and Ackbar away from the droids. She pauses to show Ackbar the trick as well.
Stealth check.

Am I right in understanding that a skill challenge involves coming up with interesting narrative and pairing it with an actual skill check, as part of the whole process? It's a bit hard to think of interesting things to do in a sewer.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:46 am

It will give time for a little char development.. and also time for the other players to finish what they're doing and get the timing right for the total party merge!
"Oh?" says Ackbar. His fishy eyes swivel on his head as the duo sloshes through the sewers furhter and further. "You've been in this situation before, eh? Well," he says, "There is no time like the present.. If I'm going to be accepting rescues from you and mucking through Mon Cal waste products by your side, you at least owe it to me to tell me your name.. your /real/ name.. and just how you've gotten yourself into this mess!"

Just as he says that, Aneela stumbles and makes a loud 'CLANG!'
Around the corner hovers another droid.

Aneela...
Stealth 16. Fail. Success 1 / Fail 1. Round 1 Droid #1
Aneela 19, Droid 18, Ackbar 12
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Anneela pulls out her lightsaber and closes with the droid, swinging. "My name is Anneela," she says to Ackbar, realizing that in the chaos, she had never even introduced herself. "I can tell you the rest of the story when we get to safety." She figures a conversation in the sewers will just be extra noise that might attract unwanted attention.
Swift action (quick draw): Draw lightsaber.
Move action: Move forward to close with droid.
Standard action: Attack droid.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Aneela rushes forwards and the sewers are bathed in violet light as her weapon ignites. Voosh. Hum! Her weapon slaches but the droid hovers over the attack and it misses.
Attack 11. Miss. You're having some crap rolls!
Reeling, the droid's appendage extends and fires a blaster bolt at Aneela. The fugitive Jedi ducks and the bolt misses her.
Attack 8. Miss
Stepping to the side, Ackbar fires a bolt into the droid's flank. It sparks but is still fully operational. Aneela...
Attack 21. Hit 16 dmg. Droid HP 8/24. -1 on Track. Round #2...
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Taking deep breaths to try to maintain her meditative calm in battle as Master Aku taught her, Anneela swings again at the droid. She's really feeling more flustered than calm, thrown off by how foolishly she ran into that object when she was trying to show Ackbar how to be silent.
Standard Action: Attack droid with lightsaber.