C6 Introduction - Bommarr Fonndarr

Star Wars: Prelude to Hope begins after the Clone Wars and the turning of Skywalker to the Dark Side. Run by GM Bo
mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Re: C6 Introduction - Bommarr Fonndarr

Post by mysticknight232 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:10 am

"I must confess...I had not thought about retreat, mainly because it is a simulation. Clearly, however, I still have a lot to learn about battle and tactics. The living Force is one thing, leading and army, something else" says the Ithorian to the Admiral as he slowly rubs his chin in thought.

As Bommarr analyzes the battle map, he realizes that he cannot win the fight. Thinking that fleeing and living to fight another day is a better option, he orders his ships to make a full on retreat.
I'm sorry guys...I was out of state on a family emergency...my father was diagnosed with cancer. I didn't have access to PC or anything to keep you up to date as this happened very quickly. I'm hoping I'm back for a while now. In an effort to move my thread along and not hold the rest of you up, I'm ordering a full on retreat. If this means that I don't gain Know: Tactics training because I have to move this along, I completely understand. Again, sorry guys but unfortunately there wasn't much I could do about it.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:20 am

Not a problem. This website, though fun, should be a very low priority. Real life, family, job, etc... always come first in my book. I've taken many vacations (as players can attest!) so it's not an issue for me. Do what you need to do. As for your thread, though.. you'll soon be merging with the main party!
"I am sure," says Admiral Gorlak, "that the simulated families of the simulated men you have saved would thank you." He smiles. The simulation clicks off. Just then, a communications officer approaches the Admiral.

"The First Fleet will be emerging from hyperspace in less than a minute, Admiral."

"Very well, " says Jonas Gorlak. He invites Bommarr to join him at the bridge. "Let's show these Imperials that they aren't the /only/ force in the galaxy to be reckoned with...."
*another post coming*
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:27 am

Soon after, the First Fleet emerges from hyperspace. They find, much to the Admiral's and Bommarr's delight, much of the Imperial force on the far side of the planet.

"All frigate class vessels," says Gorlak over the command frequency, "approach Imperial forces as directed, stopping just outside turbolaser range. We need to draw out their fighters." He shakes his head. "Soon our evacuation will commence and we need to keep their attention so it's not turned planetside."

As the battle is waged, the First Freedon advances slowly while the rebel frigates go forward and set up a screen of fire. On the scanners, Bommarr can see several TIE squadrons launches and then cut down by the rebel frigates. The number of the Imperials, however, is far superior and as the battle continues the rebel forces need to launch several of their own fighter squadrons for support.

At some point, Fonndarr sees the Admiral receive a communication from the evacuating freighters: "Mission complete. Tab."

At that point, the Admiral directs his forces to give covering fire to the evacuees. "So," asks Jonas to Bommarr and also Ommol Chi who stands nearbye. "How are we doing?"
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:28 am

From this point onwards, post your messages in the main thread: The Fist Closes!!!
~Bo~