C6 Introduction - Bommarr Fonndarr

Star Wars: Prelude to Hope begins after the Clone Wars and the turning of Skywalker to the Dark Side. Run by GM Bo
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: C6 Introduction - Bommarr Fonndarr

Post by Bo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:57 pm

In the OOC area of Prelude to Hope.. along with many other things. Try to let me know how many hexes and in what direction you want to move
Fonndarr's cruiser and frigate move forward, the frigate coming into range of a TIE squadron and ripping it to shreds, reducing their number with its turbolasers. The lumbering cruiser is not yet in range.
Frigate v TIE: Win. TIE is now at 1d6
The Admiral commands his frigate to open fire on Bommarr's bomber squadron. It is annihilated. Hoping that his capital ship would get lucky against the remaining fire, the Admiral orders an attack. The simulation, though - true to real life - enables the fighters to evade.
Frigate v bomber - boom! Cruiser vs Fighters running at 1d6: Miss
Bommarr's remaining fighter squadron...
~Bo~

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:25 am

As Bommarr thinks he is starting to get the hang of this, he takes a look at his remaining ships. "Admiral" says the Ithorian, "I'm going for the throat." Making a few mental calculations, Bommarr says "Remaining Idej Fighters, commence attack run on the ISD. Let's see if we can catch them from behind."

Sending his remaining fighter squadron against the ISD with hopes of his frigate being able to deal with the remaining squadron of eyeballs on the map, the Ithorian waits for the simulated results with anticipation.
Move Fighter Squadron Ex4 and SEx1 directly behind the ISP and let her have it! I guess I'm assuming no AoO here as I didn't see one listed in the rules section.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:03 am

"I see," says the Admiral. He gives his own orders and watches the scen play out. The allied fighters swoop around behind his Star Destroyer but, due to their depleted numbers, are unable to land a shot.
Fighters rolling 3d6 (because the unit has lost 1 die due to being hit earleir) against 4d6 of ISD: Miss.
The Admiral's TIEs swoop across the battlefield at high speed, able to get behind the allied fighters. However, they are unable to take down any of their units.
Move as shown. Attack. Miss.This was a straight up roll 1d6 vs 1d6 and your unit won
Bommarr's frigates and capital ships...
Thanks for hanging with this small scale playtest. I'm making notes and will be editing the rules posted on the OOC forums regarding how this goes. I think it's very simple and fun, though, so far. One thing I need to clarify is that if a unit has been hit, it loses 1d6 for EVERY ROLL. I think I also need to clarify rules on ship facing and firing arcs. If you move a certain vector into a hex but then fire in another vector (as no doubt a fighter should be able to do!), your facing should be in the direction you fired, no the direction you moved last. If you've also noteice, I 'm using those little small explosion icons to signify how much damage a unit has taken haha
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:05 am

I should also make the tokens on the battlefield minus the 'O' rings.. it would look cooler ;)
~Bo~

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:21 pm

Blast it all! Thinks Bommarr to himself. I shouldn't have overextended on my fighters. Thankfully squint pilots are no match for our seasoned vets

"Commander, order the Frigate to commence attacking their support craft. Target maximum firepower." Considering the counterattacks that might be possible, Bommarr than commands "Continue moving the Battleship into firing range"
Move the frigate NEx1, Ex3 to within firing range of the other frigate and open fire. Move the Battleship Ex2 to begin the slow crawl towards their ships.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:16 pm

Fonndarr's vessel move through the simulation and fire erupts from the frigate. It misses, however, and the battle continues.
Your frigate 3d6=14 vs Admiral's frigate 3d6=15. Miss! Your capital ship moves
Realizing he could quickly finish off Fonndarr's fighters and that Fonndarr's frigate had moved within range of his Star Destroyer, the Admiral orders both to attack. The fighter squadron is destroyed and Bommarr's frigate takes a direct hit.
Frigate 3d6 vs 1d6 (your fighter): Win. Destroyed. Star Destroyer 4d6= 17 vs Frigate 3d6=11: hit. Frigate down to 2d6.
"Take screening positions behind the Star Destroyer,' the admiral says, ordering his weakened squadron of TIEs to take up a rear guard position.
TIE moves SE x 1 to be directly behind ISD
Fondarr's frigate and capital ship...
~Bo~

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:43 pm

"Lucky shots" the Ithorian grumblese to himself. "I guess this is why I'm not a General yet.

Looking back at the map, Bommarr says "Commander, let's eliminate that remaining squad of ties and then try to target the frigate"
Sorry for the lack of description, but I'm going to be unavalable the rest of the day and wanted to get one more action in. Essentially, take the frigate and move him to attack the fighter squad if possible (no mape so wasn't sure) then move the Battleship in range to attack the Frigate...again if possible. If the frigate can't reach and squad of ties, than have it attack the frigate as well. Thanks.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:57 am

Fonndarr's simulated frigate moves forward and is able to take out the remaining Imperial fighters in an explosion.
Move. Frigate at 2d6 vs Fighter at 1d6: Win
Though massive space cruisers aren't fast, they do have long range weapons and can wreak havoc on frigates and other relatively large targets. Bommarr's capital ship lances fire out at the Imperial frigate, scoring a direct hit.
Move/attack. Your cruiser vs Imperial frigate: Win. it's now at 2d6
"It's time to end this simulation," the Admiral says as he orders a full attack of his ISD and frigate on Fonndarr's frigate. One attack misses, the other hits.
Frigate operating at 2d6 vs another operating at 2d6: miss. ISD does hit your frigate, bringing it down to 1d6
~Bo~

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Looking dismayed, Bommarr orders the Frigate to get out of the Imp Sandwhich he's currently in.

"Frigate Commander, circle around behind the enemy frigate and let it eat laser beams!"

Turning his attention to the capital ship, Bommarr says "Nice shooting Captain! Continue firing on the frigate. I want that ship out of commission as soon as possible"
Move the my frigate behind their frigate and attack. I assume both the ISD and the frigate are facing my frigate so I'll move Ex1 and SWx1 and attack.

The battlecruiser I will move SEx1 to make sure I'm behind the frigate and attack is as well.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 am

The simulation moves Bommarr's frigate and capital ship as instructed. While his friage is evenly matched against the Imperial counterpart, it misses. The capital ship, however, scores a direct hit.
Your frigate 4 vs Imp frigate 10. Miss. Your capship 20 vs Imp friagate whatever: Hit! It's now operating at 1d6
"Ah," says the Admiral. "But that is not enough. You are outnumbered and outmaneuvered." He commands another full attack on Fonndarr's friagat that has closed with them. His smaller ship misses, but his capital ship obliterates the opposition.

"You should retreat, Bommarr... remember that if this was not a simulation, each explosion signifies lives lost!"
Imp friage 3 vs your friage 5: Miss. Imp ISD vs your frigate: 20 vs 1d6: Win. BOOM!
Bommarr...
~Bo~