Chapter 7: A Rebellion is Born

Star Wars: Prelude to Hope begins after the Clone Wars and the turning of Skywalker to the Dark Side. Run by GM Bo
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Chapter 7: A Rebellion is Born

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:50 pm

"I cannot really see a lack of a true Jedi Order," Imanaya replies. "Yes it is not like it was before, but that doesn't have to be a bad thing. Well, except for the lack of teachers, support of a government and maybe the issue that the Jedi have been called renegades and the Empire has an open hunt on them. I think Master Tan is doing a great thing."

She considers the issue of the ranks of the Jedi Order. "I'm afraid I do not share your view on the Jedi Knights. There are no more formal trials like in the past, but becoming a Jedi Knight is much more than that. You have to understand the Force and the burdens your abilites bring and have to be responsible for your actions. You know... conquer your feelings and all that things," Imanaya sighs. After all she tries to be keep close to the Jedi Code at all times. "I remember reading a lot about the history and traditions of the Jedi Order and it is not like it was always one Master, one padawan, especially in times when there were not enough Knights and Masters. Just like now. And becoming a Knight is more than being able to wield a lightsaber and the basic training with the Force. I still think that there is a quite clear line between an apprentice, padawan, or initiate and a Jedi Knight. Maybe even more than in the past, when the Order still existed as it had been for millenia. The change might be that it's not like you have to reach a certain level anymore, but rather a certain balance."

She smiles at the Ithorian. "Well, at least you believe that you're strong in the Force. Where's the humility, Bommarr Fonndarr?" She asks with a grin. "And what were you doing on Felucia?"
I don't think Imanaya would know her. She hasn't dealt with the Order's diplomats and negotiators. Although Imanaya's Master -could- have known her.
Hey Bo, you can interrupt the conversation at any time if we slow down the game.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:55 am

You're not slowing down anything as far as I'm concerned. :) It's a good game where the players can just take the ball and run with it!
Tab stands next to Imanaya as she speaks in hushed tones with the Ithorian while Tan and the other holograms address Anneela Karu and Manh Toisao. For now, Tab Ab'lon bites his tongue. The Bothan may not be as strong in the Force as Imanaya, but he senses that their relationship may have changed while on that water planet back there. .. and he's not sure if it is for the best or for the worst. He frowns.
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:01 am

Near the central communications deck, Manh stands before the blue image of Master Divak Tan. "I see," he says. His gaze takes in Anneela as well. "Perhaps it is the will of the living Force that you left the Republic when you did," he says. "Otherwise, it is likely your bones would be rotting somewhere in the ground." Despite the hardness of his words, the Togruta's face is kind and his smile is warm.

"And perhaps it is also the will of the Force that the Jedi Order was nearly obliterated." He shakes his head and appears deep in thought. "For, though it may be hard to say, I think it would be folly to deny that the Order itself was ever in error. Indeed, our failure to sense the phantom menace of Palpatine was in fact due, in part, to our hubris and many failures. I hope, Manh Toisao, that you will give the Order another chance - as we gladly welcome both you and Anneela back ... that is.. if you would have us?" He pauses. "I would dearly like to speak with both of you in person. Would you consent to join me here for a short time on Shili?"
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:48 pm

Anneela nods warily, looking at Manh out of the corner of her eye. "I never really thought of myself as having left the Order, Master Tan," she says. "I just kinda assumed that there wasn't an Order to be a part of any more. I'd be willing to come to Sili and check out what you're doing there. Though I think I may be of more use to you in the field. I'm probably not the best person to train other Jedi, given my late admittance to the Order. On the other hand, before joining the Order I developed a somewhat unusual skill set that makes me an effective Jedi spy." Anneela doesn't want to abandon the Order--but she doesn't want to be stuck in some giant Jedi settlement, where she'll always be under surveillance. She is curious to see how Manh replies. If he refuses, Anneela is determined to pull him aside and pick his brain before he leaves.
I don't mind Hayabusa and Mystic Knight having a conversation on the side, but if you could keep posting a conversation for the rest of us to engage in while they do so, Bo, I'd appreciate it.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:38 am

"Oh, I am sorry," Imanaya apologizes. She was so fixed on her "discovery" of Bommarr Fonndarr, who was mentioned by Shin-Wan Dane that she didn't think about the Bothan. She certainly cares about the Bothan, maybe even more since Dac. "This is Tab Ab'lon. He's working for the rebellion as well, and is quite versed in mechanics, which he was so kind to teach me, so that I can maintain the disguise of a mechanic myself, when we're away from Shili."
8O How very un-Jedi-like, Muskrat. Are you planning to manipulate Manh's mind if he doesn't want to stay? And she calls Imanaya crazy... :wink:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:12 am

Divak Tan leans forward a bit, the hologram flickering as he speaks. He looks intently at Anneela, seeming to 'hroom' a bit, his voice booming. "And you suppose I have no use for spies here on Shili?" he smiles. "Check your principles, young one," he says. "You are not some 'tool' to be 'of use' to anyone. It could be that joining us here on Shili may be of benefit to both of us. I have much to learn from you.. and you have much to learn from us."

He turns to face Manh. "Padawan Toisao?" he asks. ".. and I use that term in the most generic sense of the word. It does indeed seem that all our conventions are breaking down.. we may yet come to a new understanding of just what a 'Jedi' is... Manh.. would you join me here on Shili along with the crafty one?"
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:14 am

At first, Manh suspects that it's a trap set by Divak Tan to lure Manh to a Jedi outpost and attack him. During the Clone War, he was told that the Jedi would use tricks such as diplomacy or treaty signing to attack the separatists. Whether or not that's true, Manh puts those thoughts away when Tan suggests that the Order might have been in error with following in step with the Emperor. That tid bit of hope gives him the feeling that maybe Tan isn't one of the emperor loyalists who led the Jedi and the clone armies against those seeking independence from the corrupt government rule.

When Anneela interjects, he stands aside and listens. He doesn't interrupt her or show any expression of agreement or disagreement towards her reply.

Then after Tan replies to Anneela, Manh responds. "Yes. I will meet you on Shili."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:55 pm

Anneela nods at Master Tan's words, puzzled about what he thinks he might learn from her, other than how to fence stolen goods or something else totally inappropriate for a Jedi. "Oh, I'm happy to use Shili as a base of operations--I was just thinking ... well, I guess I don't have a good sense of how you're running things there. Once I get there, we can see how I might best help out."

After Manh replies, Anneela smiles. She intends to have a good talk with this rogue Jedi. She is curious about what he's done and what kind of possibilities there are out there, outside the Jedi fold.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:01 am

"Very good," says Divak Tan. "I will see you both on Shili shortly," he finishes. Then the Togruta Jedi Master steps back and Garm Bel Iblis steps forwards.

A star map seems to materialize in the air above the adventurers. "As for the rest of you.. Admiral Gorlak, are you there?"

Jonas Gorlak stands forth. "Present, sir," he says.

"Good. We have no received sufficient resources to 'double down' as it were." The map seems to glow in certain areas.
"I would like you to split the First Fleet and create the Second Fleet and the Third Fleet. Jedi Knights Seendar and Ommol Chi, along with others I will send via secured transmission, shall proceed to the nearbye moon of Yavin IV and begin operates to build a base there. Likewise, Jedi Knight Imanaya and Apprentice Bommarr Fonndarr shall venture furhter along the Braxtant run to Dantooine. Master Tan tells me there is also Jedi history there and it would be another suitable base of operations." He pauses. "It has come time, after this first strike against the Empire, to think in a strategic fashion. With this plan, our rebellion will live on... even in the unfortunate instance of an all-out Imperial attack ... which we know we would be unable to withstand."

Mon Mothma now steps forward. "Leave the details regarding the funding of these operations to us. Our cause is not without support in the galaxy. However, many who would offer us aid would not do so publicly. Through a well hidden network of donations, rest assured that our financial means will not run out any time soon." She smiles. "The more that the Emperor puts the creative power of his people beneath the heel of his boot, the more credits will some our way...."

Gorlak bows. "I understand our orders." He turns to the others. "Are there any questions before we break fleet?"
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:45 am

Manh nods his head in acceptance of the task. He doesn't have any questions for the three holographic figures. He plans on taking Wile Landoo and the Ghest's Shadow to Shili, just in case there's any problems or need for escape. Wile's one of the few people that Manh trusts to have his back.

He doesn't yet trust Divak Tan nor these new rebels, but he's willing to listen to the Jedi Master and see what he has to say. Years ago, he knew this day would arrive soon, but he had expected to see one of the Jedi generals or one of the Jedi council. He knows that he might have to answer for his rebellion against the order and joining the Jedi Master Bulq and the separatists to fight against the Jedi and the Galactic Republic, but for now it seems that the very same Jedi have changed sides and fighting against the Emperor.