C8 Introduction - Tizar

Star Wars: Prelude to Hope begins after the Clone Wars and the turning of Skywalker to the Dark Side. Run by GM Bo
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: C8 Introduction - Tizar

Post by Bo » Mon May 09, 2011 6:42 pm

The R2 droid beeps as it works. Partner uses the ship's systems to run through them in a systematic fashion, trying to figure out a pattern of interference and, thusly, localizing where the tracking device may be located.

Partner beeps, explaining that he thinks the device is attached to the underside of the ship. He doesn't know how to disable it apart from somehow getting outside.

Tizar knows, also, that many of these sorts of tracking devices are tamper resistant and often will detonate at the slightest provocation.

Mixed Use Computer/Perception 31 vs 25. Success
Knowledge:Technology 25 vs 10. Success
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon May 09, 2011 6:52 pm

Tizar does a scan of the surrounding space to ensure no one is on their way. "We need a place to park momentarily so we can take a look at it and see if we can remove it manually. Any wilderness nearby?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed May 11, 2011 7:28 am

Partner beeps and rotates his dataport again, interfacing with the freighter's computer and scanning systems. After a few moments, he tweets his reply in droid-speak, letting Tizar know that No there is no nearbye wilderness area within reasonable range ... and yes - they are not alone. Two energy signatures have been detected near a nearbye debris field. They are consistent with Imperial TIE fighters.

Request next course of action, Master?

Use Computer (scanners) 30 vs DC 20: success. My fucking computer desk broke in the move so I'll need some time to get stuff up and running for a map again. Just say for now that the TIEs are behind some sort of space cover and relatively close to you .. speaking in starship scale terms.
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed May 11, 2011 7:15 pm

“TIEs?!?”

Tizar whips around and looks at the readings herself. “Partner, prepare for the jump to light speed!”

He does his part, quickly addressing the nav-computer and preparing what he can. “I do not care where we even go. Quickest vector! Lets just get out of here!”
I'm not sure which one of us is more adept at getting the Nav-computer ready. Whoever has the best skill (I think its pilot) should be primary, and the other should aid another. I will also ‘rush' the process. I think you can do that.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed May 11, 2011 8:22 pm

"WwooooooooooOOooOOooooooo!!" Partner says as he fires his neural simulators into overdrive and tries to find a hyperspace vector that is both current and available on the navcomputer. As fast as he can, Tizar helping him download the most recent astrogation charts from the holonet, Partner finds the closest available location: the far size of Nal Hutta's gravity well, the planet of which Nar Shaddaa is a moon.

As Tizar and his R2 unit begin the calculations, the TIE fighters emerge from the debris field.

They close. Faster and faster. Closer and closer. Tizar can see his scanners readout that the starfighters have brough weapons online.
Just then, Partner gives the command to make the jump to hyperspace.

The starfield swirls and becomes a blur of lines as Tizar and his droid companion escape!!
It's Use Computer. -10 penalty for making check in 1 round. +5 bonus since you have access to navcomputer. -5 GM penalty for not knowing where you're going and having to find the closest destination. Aid Another (Use Computer) Tizar = 13+whatever. Success. +2 bonus added on to Partner's Use Computer check = 10+whatever -> success!!
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu May 12, 2011 2:01 am

[Huttese] “Expletive!”

Tizar sighs heavily. He just conned money out of some slavers to fix his badly damaged ship. He doesn't need another go at that.

“Good job, partner,” Tizar says in Basic. He simply likes to curse in Huttese, which does not seem to be odd for most scoundrels in the galaxy that know the language.

“When we come out of hyperspace, I want another scan of the surrounding area. We need to get this damn tracking device off our ship!”

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri May 13, 2011 2:02 am

Partner tweets and bips and bops as Tizar lets out a long stream of curse words. He rolls forwards and begins working with the ship's computer system.

He sends a text message to Tizar through the console.
I AM NOT SURE IF NAL HUTTA WILL BE MUCH BETTER FOR US, MASTER. THE EMPIRE HAS INCREASED PATROLS IN THE AREA AND THE HUTTS HAVE BEEN DOING THEIR BEST TO INCREASE THEIR OWN PRESENCE TO SHOW THEM THAT THEY ARE NOT INVOLVED IN ANYTHING ILLEGAL >>>> WHICH>>> OF COURSE>>>> WOULD BE A LIE
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri May 13, 2011 2:10 am

"Agreed," Tizar says aloud but sends the response backward to the droid.

<CONSOLE> WE WILL PLOT A NEW HYPERLANE TO SOMEWHERE THE EMPIRE HAS LESS OF A PRESENCE. THOUGH, I BELIEVE THE TRACKING DEVICES IT THAT OF SLAVERS. I CONNED ONE, QUITE EASILY, INTO GIVING ME THE CREDITS TO FIX THE SHIP <CONSOLE>

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri May 13, 2011 2:16 am

Within moments, the light freighter is on the far side of Nal Hutta and emerges from hyperspace. Partner beeps at Tizar and does as he's told, bringing up an immediate scan of the area.

As expected, both Imperial and Hutt ships are coming up on the scanner. A patrol of two TIE fighters is passing by at a few hundred kilometers to starboard, followed by a similar patrol of two Cutlas-9 Patrol fighters, no doubt piloted by those under the employ of the Hutts.

ONE HAND KEEPING AN EYE ON THE OTHER says partner, BOTH CRIMINALS ACCORDING TO MY PROGRAMMING, THOUGH IN DIFFERENT WAYS.

WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO TAKE THE SHIP CLOSER TO THE PLANET OR BRING UP ANOTHER LIST OF HYPERLANES OUT OF THE REGION?
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri May 13, 2011 2:58 am

"Hyperlanes!" Tizar yells back. He isn't sure why Partner sometimes does not listen to him. "Do you think I want to have a meeting with either?!?"

He attempts to not appear as if he wants to bolt. Fly casual, he thinks.