Chapter 9: Strike, Counterstrike

Star Wars: Prelude to Hope begins after the Clone Wars and the turning of Skywalker to the Dark Side. Run by GM Bo
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:47 am

Star Wars
Prelude to Hope

Image Aboard an Imperial Star Destroyer in deep space, the Emperor sits, steeping in darkness. His features are relaxed but deep, grave lines crisscross his hateful face. For the moment, his baleful yellow eyes are shut and he remembers lessons from his past. He can hear his teacher's deep and somber voice.

"If you don't already want to murder me, you will before I'm through with you. The urge to kill one's superior is intrinsic to the nature of our enterprise. My unassailable strength gives rise to your envy; my wisdom fuels your desire, my achievements incite your craving. Thus it has been for one-thousand years, and so it must endure until I have guided you to parity. Then, Sidious, we must do our best to sabotage the dynamic Darth Bane set in motion, because we will need each other if we are to realize our ultimate goals. In the end, there can be no secrets between us; no jealousy or mistrust. From us, the future of the Sith will fountain..."

Then the Emperor opens his eyes and cackles to himself. Yes. Everything is proceeding according to his plan...

On Dantooine...

Sequestered in the Jedi Enclave's communication room, Divak Tan sits at an oval table along with the others who have been integral in his life over the past years or months. Imanaya, the newly Annointed Jedi Knight who defeated her old Master who had been transformed into an abomination. Tab Ab'lon, a Bothan full of guile but also with a heart of gold and who is now a general and turning into a master strategist. Bommarr Fonndarr, an Ithorian with an uncanny connection to the Force and all living things. Manh Toisao, who reached Sanctuary by a tumultuous route, fighting at first against the Jedi in the Clone Wars but later finding out that he, at least for some part, may have been right all along. Last but not least is Annela Karu, who has learned to use the Force to augment her instincts in tracking and investigation and has recently disrupted a major slaving operation in addition to saving her parents from a life of misery.

Over the past days, new information has come to light and it may call for action. Tan dials in the central holocom system and the blue outlines of both Senator Garm Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma appears.

They have been briefed on recent developments.

First, plans have been uncovered to institute a program of slavery that would involve entire planets - namely Mon Calamari and Kashyyk in order to contribute to the construction of a superweapon called the Death Star.

Second, data from ancient cloning operations, and more recently mysterious experiments, on Dantooine has come to light. But how to treat the data? and who is responsible for the experiements?

Finally, questions have come to light regarding the future of the Jedi and their role in events. Hopefully... all of these will soon be discussed.
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Chapter 9: Strike, Counterstrike

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:22 am

Sitting among her people whom she all considers friends, Imanaya waits for a response from Bel Iblis or Mothma to see if the connection has been established on their side as well. She cannot help but notice that she may be the highest ranking Jedi after Master Tan in the absence of Ommol Chi. However, she also knows that she cannot order anyone around but she'd never do that anyway. The Offshoot's thoughts linger on every Jedi she met since she left Shin-Wan Dane years ago and what they might be doing now, just like the handful of apprentices she knew as her closest friend. Maybe she will find the time to look into that but there are far more important matters to do than concerning herself with such personal matters. The Jedi Knight just hopes that they're doing alright.

Imanaya glances at Tab, wondering what he might be thinking right now. She's still surprised that he's become a general among the rebel's armies in such a short time.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 am

Many years ago, the Jedi padawan under supervision of Jedi Knight Rhad Tarn left the order when the Jedi became generals under the Emperor and began taking orders from him. Instead, he joined many Jedi dissenters and decided to travel the galaxy freeing slaves with Jedi Knight Tarn. Eventually, he left the order and joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems to fight against the Clone Troopers and Jedi generals where he became a padawan for Master Bulq. Years into the Clone War, he realized that both sides were fighting for the wrong reasons and left the CIS and was assumed missing by both sides of the conflict.

Now, the former padawan sits across the table from the remaining Jedi who struggle to fight against the same enemy that they once took orders from, the Emperor and the Empire. To his own beliefs, he has fought against the Emperor since the Clone Wars and continues to do such. The Emperor has always been the greatest threat to the galaxy, but it took a near annihilation of the Jedi Order for them to realize it.

Manh Toisao has learned much over the last few years as he returned to his roots of freeing slaves alongside his Rodian friend, Wile. He spent many months in solitude mediating before befriending Wile and continued to spend countless hours mediating since joining Wile. Now, he's faced with a greater task and allies, who might not be friendly towards him, but they all share the same goal of removing the Emperor from power and bringing an end to this corrupt Empire government.

The light from the holograms present his facial tattoos in a new light as they radiate outwards towards the participates of the meeting. Manh rests silently for now, contempt to listen to their words before deciding his course.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:24 am

Sweet pictures guys. Who drew them?
Bel Iblis is the first to speak. "Good to see everyone again," he says, "and to know everyone is safe. I suppose it was too much to hope for, however, that our next meeting would be under better circumstances."

"The circumstances we find ourselves must be dealt with, however," says Mon Mothma. "Though the intelligence gathered by General Ab'lon is shocking.. it's no at all surprising: the Emperor has always been one for domination and slavery. This is an extension of his true self."

"... and the Dark Side of the Force," says Master Tan, completing Mon Mothma's thoughts. "I sense grave danger in the Force. We have been fooled by Palpatine before. He is a master of illusion. I suggest we move with caution. How certain are we that the information Ab'lon has gathered is accurate?" He looks to the Bothan himself.
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:42 am

That would be icemaxx1. However, Shurijo himself did the inking and coloring. Kudos for that. :D

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:51 am

Very cool. I wonder if he would do 'scenes' of characters ;)
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:24 am

Anneela is feeling a little out at sea, taking in all this news of galactic threats--the Death Star, the Emperor's plans to enslave entire planets, mysterious cloning operations, and plagues that make people rise from the dead. All of it sounds very, very bad.

In all the haste since their flight from Nar Shaddaa, where they freed her parents and a number of other slaves, Anneela is still in the costume of Lady Kerrissa Kastorlux, which she had used to track down information on where the slave auction was being held.
Remembering what the freed slaves had told her, Anneela says, "Excuse my ridiculous clothing--it was part of a necessary ruse to free the slaves we went to help and I haven't had time to change. We may have another piece of this very ugly puzzle. According to a number of the slaves we freed, the Empire is going around liquidating at least some parts of the nobility. My parents were being sold because their master, a member of the Kastillian family, was liquidated. And some of the slavers were actually nobles themselves, before they Empire get its paws on them--I'm sure they never expected to be standing for auction." There is a hint of bitterness in her voice as she wonders how many of them had once owned slaves themselves. "Apparently, the Emperor wants resources very badly, to the extent that he's willing to alienate members of the nobility who might be expected to support a repressive regime. Certainly, the Kastillians were no jewels, but a bunch of thugs with fancy clothes and a nice education."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:48 am

Imanaya never raises an eye brow at Anneela's garb or report. She just assumed that was the other Jedi's typical garb, though it is more than a bit flashy because she met her in a sewer. In the past she's seen some Jedi who prefer the dress from their culture like a few female Twi'lek including Fiv'il Jaarin. What surprises the Offshoot more is how nonchalant Jedi Karu brought up what she has done while the Tan was looking at Tab about his discovery and once more Imanaya is impressed by what little the Bothan did and achieve while she was dragging herself through blood-soaked ruins.

It's not like the Offshoot doesn't care about what Anneela and Manh have done because she's eager to learn more about and from the experiences of the two human Jedi. However, she stays silent for now, listening and observing as everyone reports how the Empire is making more and more enemies and problems for themselves.

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Tab nods, speaking up and with hands lightly resting on the table in front of him. "The Empire has always been very good at misinformation and deception. We've tried inflitration before, and they're aware of that.

Can I be sure that the information is fully accurate? No. But I don't think any of us think we can ignore it. Proceed carefully, yes. But it's still my opinion that we need to treat this as real unless we discover otherwise. The Lament can have new codes input, though I imagine they'll be ready for an inflitration like that again."

He smiles. "But we're ready to act when this Council wishes. As for the data we found.. I helped decrypt it. But my understanding of it is very limited. I suggest the computers on the planet and the Lament be wiped clean, and that a single copy of the data is kept by someone chosen by this Council."

His mind flashed back to the copy he'd made himself, stowed in his personal quarters on the Lament, but a poker face remained.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Mon Mothma's hologram turns to Anneela. "Then the situation is even worse than we thought. The Emperor is not only consolidating his power by building Imperial might and enslaving planets to make that happen, he's ensuring a lack of political opponents by liquidating anyone with enough power and ambition to oppose him." She pauses. "I do suppose that you are right. It will deprive him of supporters in the short term, but we know that Palpatine plays the long game: fear is his tool and if any remaining nobility is fearful enough, they will never oppose him and will fall in line with any dictates he may decree."

Bel Iblis nods as Ab'lon speaks, cementing the deal. "The Bothan sounds confident in his findings and he has not failed us before. If the information we are receiving is correct, then this may indeed be the time to act - before more planets are enslaved and nobility, slavemasters or otherwise, are liquidated."

"The question we now must ask," says Divak Tan, "is a tactical one. Where and when should we make our move? Do we have the firepower to liberate Mon Calamari?" He shakes his head. "Also , it is unclear to me of the role the newly formed Jedi should take in operations. The Force whispers to me that the downfall of our order began when we started becoming military commanders and warriors and not defenders of the galaxy. I meen no affront, Bel Iblis and Mon Mothma, but the Jedi should not serve any political organization - be it rebellion, Imperial, or otherwise."
~Bo~