Chapter 9: Orbital Operations

Star Wars: Prelude to Hope begins after the Clone Wars and the turning of Skywalker to the Dark Side. Run by GM Bo
Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Chapter 9: Orbital Operations

Post by Donan » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:21 pm

Tab pauses. "I'm unsure. I suggest you remain in deep cover for now, keep quiet. Don't give out any delicate information here, this transmission may not be secure.

Continue with your given targets in the meantime. Can you source the transmission you received earlier, or have you learnt anything to confirm that message?"

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:41 pm

"Nothing's certain, orbital team," says the Gamma team soldier from the other end of the line, "but we are taking the transmission to originate from the Jedi team from Shili - Probably Bommarr Fonndarr, Manh Toisao, and Imanaya. Right now, we're taking it seriously. The picture here is just not adding up. As you've said: Things have been too easy. We at least need to tell the fleet about this information, though... They are set to arrive very soon. Even if the information is wrong, command needs to make that decision on their own. We suggest you try to get a signal out to deep space - praying that it reaches its destination - and then get your rear-ends planetside so as not to get caught in the orbital battle, if it comes to that."
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:24 pm

"Understood," says Anneela. "We'll do what we can. You do what you can and try to remain as safe as possible. Out." After signing off, she looks at Tab and and Wile and says, "You know, at this point, we may be as good as dead. Let's try to get a signal out to the fleet even if it completely blows our cover. After that, we may try unleashing your virus, Tab. It might still do some good. And then we can see if we can get out of here alive." Anneela is surprised to find herself feeling so calm in this situation. She always thought that in the face of certain death, she would freak out. But all her Jedi training must have paid off, because she finds herself calmly willing to sacrifice her life for the good of others. Master Aku would have been proud. Who knows? Maybe if Imanaya's babbling about Force ghosts was true, Master Aku could be looking on right now.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:03 pm

Anneela pauses and says, "Before we try using the com system, I want to try something else, in case the Empire is jamming communications. They shouldn't be able to jam the Force, but I can only send a very vague message through it."

With that, Anneela closes her eyes and tries to remember who she has met that will be in a command position in the approaching Rebel fleet. Ideally, it would be a Jedi, since her message won't be coming totally out of left field for one, but if there are no Jedi she's met, she'll settle for someone else and hope they know enough about Jedi to take the message seriously. When she has a target picked, she sends them the message, "Trap!" with an image of the planet Dac.
It's been so long, I've forgotten which NPCs we've met are involved in the on-coming rescue operation.
Use the Force check: Telepathy.

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:07 pm

"I should still be able to get into the Imperial fleet. If I knw where they were and where they were jumping to.. we could turn this whole thing around. We need more intel though. When we're done, we'll rejoin the others on the surface."

He settles back, waiting to see if Annela makes contact while he adjusts the controls for a transmision into deep space.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Tab turns to the communications equipment, doing what he does best with computers and mechanical gear. He uses the information stored on his datapad to enter the fleet's like coordinates and transponder codes and also makes a few adjustsments to boost the station's signal potency. He's even able to tap into the unused station defense power systems to 'motivate' the communications equipment. He's almost finished, watching Anneela fall into a brief meditation behind him. Communications will be a long shot - but it's still worth trying.

Anneela shuts her eyes and quiets her mind. The circumstances surrounding her fall away as she reaches out to the Force, becoming one with her surroundings, the station, the planetary system, the universe itself. Somewhere in space she senses her other comrades, vaguely sensing the presence of Ommol Chi and Seendar amidst the fleet ready to jump towards Dac. She reaches out to the, trying to touch one of their minds... but it is just too hard at her level of training . She senses that she is unable to reach them - like being right next to them but on the other side of a shield of plexiglass.
UTF Telepathy 22 vs DC 25. Fail. :( If you want to try to add a Force point, let me know and we can RP it like you being very persistent and going to a whole new level of calm.
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:01 pm

Anneela starts to get frustrated as she can't connect, but then she remembers the training Master Aku gave her. She tries to let go of any idea of succeeding in order to calm herself and tap deeper into the Force.
Yes. Spend a Force Point. Thanks for letting me spend it after the roll.

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:35 am

Comms gear starting to get somewhere, Tab does his best to send a hold signal to the known location of the Rebel Fleet, scattering the transmission to make finding its destination harder.

He also attempts to 'ping' signals off anything in the local sector, to try and determine the rough location of the hidden Imperial fleets.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:29 pm

FP roll = 2d6 = 5, Adding that to initial roll = 27 - success!
Anneela feels that glass wall between her and the Force. At first she struggles against it but then her teachings come to mind: Do or do not - there is no try.

She opens her mind to the possibilty - the certainty of success - and that barrier seems to melt away. She feels the minds of Seendar and Ommol Chi as they themselves sit in meditation aboard some Rebel cruiser in the middle of space: "Trap!!"

Aboard the Cruiser....

Both Seendar and Ommol Chi start from their meditation, eyes going wide as they receive a warning from the Force. But from who? And why? One thing is clear, though, something is wrong.

"You felt it, too?" asks Ommol, standing from a seated position.
"Yes," says Seendar is his deep, gravelly voice. "I fear this mission has become more complex...."

The next few moments see the Jedi leaving their chambers and approaching the bridge of the ship. The captain there is preparing the fleet to make the jump to hyperspace and into range of Dac for the humanitarian mission.
"You should delay things, Captain," says Ommol. "There is something very wrong. I have sensed it through the Force...."

The captain looks at Chi. He nods his head. "What exactly?" he asks. "The timing of this mission is crucial.. we can't delay things based on some mumbo jumbo and a 'hunch.'"

Ommol looks at Seendar. Unfortunately, they aren't able to offer details at this tme....

Back on the orbital platform, Tab Ab'lon, Anneela, and Wile work with the communications equipment....

"That should just about do it," Wile says. "Might as well give it a shot, Ab'lon. This is our best hope of getting word out to the fleet...... If Anneela was able to stall things, that's great.. but we need to let the fleet know the score."
This will be a DC 23 use computer or mechanics check based on the level of this 'dungeon.' You guys can go ahead and make the rolls and RP actions and I'll RP any results. Good luck!
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Once she comes out of her Force trance, Anneela sets to work helping Tab and Wile, physically hot-wiring the system as they hack into it. As she does, once again she draws on the power of the Force to aid her.
Mechanics check. Outlaw Talent: Hotwire to substitute for Use Computer check. Add a Force Point. Aid Another.

d20 + d6 + 11 = 14 + 5 + 11 = 30. Success. Removed last two FPs sent from character sheet.