Chapter 11: This is the Beginning of the End

Star Wars: Prelude to Hope begins after the Clone Wars and the turning of Skywalker to the Dark Side. Run by GM Bo
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 11: This is the Beginning of the End

Post by Shurijo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:01 am

Even with all of the doubt and potential trouble enveloping the three, Manh stays seemingly calm. His words are tempered, but his plea is passionate. "If you would rather flee than face the Emperor, then so be it. I do not believe we will stand alone in the battle. Emperor Palatine will be defeated. We will see justice, democracy, and security restored to the galaxy. This is what we fought for. This is why the Force has delivered us to this event. This is our destiny."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo

Post by Bo » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:03 am

After a time, one of the Neimodians makes their way over to the group. He gives a nod wit his head.

"It is not a long journey," he says with his accent to the cloaked undercover 'Jedi' "but we would be rude not to make introductions. I am Vrok Daal." He motions to the others. "These are my friends from the banking clan."

He gives what passes for a smile among his kind. "I know you are not part of our entourage. Rumour is that our Lord Emperor has started training... pupils."

He looks them up and down. "You seem rather capable sorts. i support the Empire in all things. If you require any aid, please let me know." He bows again.
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:58 pm

Anneela nods at Vrok Draal and says somewhat distantly, but not coldly, "Pleased to make your acquaintance. I am Anneela. For the moment, we do not need anything, but we will let you know if we do." Like highjacking this shuttle, she thinks to herself.

Once the Neimodian is out of earshot again, she whispers to Manh, "It's not a matter of whether or not we take down the Emperor. It's how we do it. If we walk in there and somehow manage to kill the Emperor, the Empire won't just collapse. Vader will be prepared to swoop in and pick up the pieces. And, if for some reason he doesn't, you can be sure the Imperial generals and admirals will." She shakes her head. "Overthrowing the Empire is going to take all the resources of the Rebel Alliance. Now if we were walking in there to take down the Emperor while coordinating with a major Rebel assault on the Empire's command posts, that would be different--but right now, it's just us. Even if we could get in touch with Rebel Command, there's no way they could mobilize fast enough to take advantage of this. For now, this is a suicide mission."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:08 am

Looking through skill lists and so forth, trying to be creative... Remember Imanaya still has her Jedi guardian spirit or whatever, to consult.. Anneela has technometry. Could be some interesting uses for that, too.
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:24 am

Manh doesn't seem dissuaded by Anneela's words. The former padawan simply says, "All things require a catalyst. This will be the beginning of the end of the Empire."

Ever since Manh had traveled alongside the other two Jedi, he's made his case that it was he against the Emperor. It is highly likely the young man has accepted his fate in this once-in-a-lifetime chance to be brought in front of the man responsible for so much pain and misery within the galaxy. Even if Manh only chips away at the Emperor's strength, he knows that he would have maintained his commitment and helped fan the flames of overthrowing the Emperor.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:02 am

Anneela sighs and rubs her forehead, then looks at Imanaya to see what her reaction is. Anneela doesn't want to abandon Manh and is certainly willing to risk her life--but she doesn't want to throw her life away on what she thinks is a fool's errand. Finally, she says, "If you want to go and try to take out the Emperor single-handedly, I won't try to stop you. I'm not going to accompany you on something I think is a lost cause--but if there is anything I can do from a distance, I'll back you up that way."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:26 pm

"I honestly cannot say," Imanaya says. "If it is futile then it is but I don't think I'm able to let a friend just run into danger alone. Though I do agree that this will not end too well as we are heading for the man who controlled the Empire for almost twenty years on his own ground. I may need a bit of time to choose a course if that's fine with you. Not too long, of course," she adds with a faint smile.

She then heads to an even more empty corner to take a few moments to meditate as she lets the Force flow through herself to figure out a course of action.
Contact guardian spirit.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:20 am

Anneela calls out, "11-4D, will you come over here, please?" Once the droid has approached, she rests a hand on it, reaching out with the Force to read the droid's databanks. In particular, she wants to find out what instructions Vader has given the droid. That may tell us more of Vader's plans--including whether this is a set up. She doesn't try too hard to conceal her actions from the bankers, who already seem to know that they are Force users and to be eager to curry favor with them as a result.
Use the Force: Technometry

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:34 am

As Imanaya settles herself into meditation, she goes through her routine steps. She feels the weight of her body. Her posture. The firm metal of the ship's haul beneath her knees. She hears the deep electric hum of the vessel. Smells the recycled air... and then she lets herself go into the Force....

And then she hears it - likely in her head - and no one else can...
This is for Imanaya only be I trust you guys, as veteran gamers, can keep it separate. I find it important to include in the threat for story purposes and not use a PM
"Imanaya," says the voice of her old Master. "Yes... Yes.. It is you." There is no apparition visible this time. But the Jedi can hear her old Master's voice as plain as if she was standing next to her. "Sometimes on this level of existence things are... tricky. But for now, I rest easy." There is a pause.

"I assume you are looking for guidance?" There is the chuckle of her old Master's good natured laugh, before the Empire twisted her. "Well - you've found it.. though I'm afraid there may be no shortage of Jedi riddles in my answers. You know, as Master Yoda used to say, 'always in motion the future is."

Another pause. Imanaya may sense a glowing feeling about her head and a warmth and kindness fill her heart. "Much fear comes with you on this mission. Perhaps from yourself... certainly for others. But know the Force has not led you into certain death. Your fate, and that of the galaxy, hangs in the balance and the decisions of individuals. Love. Compassion.. It may yet win out. Indeed, the Emperor may fall as will his Death Star.. and in that case, the galaxy will be slow to heal.. but it will heal."

Her voice becomes more somber. "On the other hand, you may all die and the galaxy may be plunged into darkness much deeper than the Emperor could ever imagine."

"The decision is yours... I can aid you no further, Imanaya."
Though the Jedi can't see her Master, she senses a smile.
"May the Force be with you, Jedi."

Cont...
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:41 am

As Imanaya settles into mediation, the emissaries don't seem to think much of it. As has been mentioned, the Emperor's 'trainings' are widespread knowledge among his devotees

Then Anneela calls the droid over and sets her hand upon it. "Most certainly," says the droid as it whirs over.

It comes to rest beneath Anneela's palm and she lets her consciousness merge with the droid's circuitry. The Jedi have had many years to study and grow their talents.. the former fence and theif - a 'Jedi on the Run' - has found no end to the usefulness of this new talent.

Almost like a computer monitor, Anneela's mind lights up. Of course, she's unable to sense anything past 11-4D's most recent memory wipe, but she is indeed able to sense the following...

She's able to sense the 11-4D is in fact the Emperor's personal droid. It has been with him since well before the Clone Wars. It knows the Emperor's medical data, his coming and goings, his contacts, and his long term plans. O f course, to the casual slicer, all of this would be unreachable. One last thing: The droid has indeed recently been modified, just as Lord Vader has said, and its loyalty to the Emperor over-ridden by the devices the party has been given.

It seems to Anneela, that Darth Vader has been telling the truth: He means to use them to remove the Emperor from Power or at least probe the Emperor for his weak spots...
~Bo~