OOC forum
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Fight or Flight?

Post by Bo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:32 am

I'll look this Talent up very shortly and get back to you. I'm very pleased about hte IC discussion! In general, I don't like too much IC 'decision making' in PbP games as it seems to kill the flow and action. However, in this instance, it's damned important and I think provides good RP!
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:17 am

Not cheating. It's why you took the talent! Besides, you guys are pretty high level as far as the 'rules' go. I think if we followed the book rules we'd have to be playing for years IRL before you got to your level.

Another 'besides' .. if you "cheat" in these kind of RPGs you really only cheat yourself. That's why I don't double-check stats that much. If a player's life is so shitty that they have to cheat in a make-believe game then I'm not going to deny them that minuscule amount of joy in their day ;)
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:18 am

Now it's getting interesting.. ;) Good RP! posts coming...
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

force points and destiny points

Post by Bo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:05 am

Anneela used a Force Point on her 'visions' effort just now but I think the rest of you have full FPs for your levels.

Each of you, as well, has fulfilled your destiny in some way. How many destiny points do you think is fair for each of you to have? This is open for discussion. I've never been too clear on this in the rules and would rather play it loosely for story purposes.
~Bo~

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: force points and destiny points

Post by Muskrat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:06 pm

Well, according to the book, we're supposed to earn one new Destiny Point per level--but we're only supposed to be able to spend them on Destiny-related things. So, would we even be able to spend them now? If so, I would say maybe half our level in Destiny Points would make sense--but, given that we know this is our last adventure, we might spend them like candy, so if you want to give us only a handful or only one of them, that would be reasonable too.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:08 pm

And I didn't spend a FP on the Vision effort, though I did spend a couple on the speeder chase back on Tattooine.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:13 pm

I think in order to use the Visions talent you have to expend a FP. It's fine though. We'll give everyone 'full ammo' when it comes time to start the encounter(s) of this chapter.

Depending on what you plan to do, I'll probably just look at the destiny points available for powerful NPCs you may have to face and then give you guys something comparable.

Sound good?
I have /several/ different directions the end of this tale could go based on outcomes of encounters PC choices, etc... I think all of them are cinematic but some are more bloody than others. ;)
~Bo~

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: OOC Discussion

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:43 pm

I guess this game is off to the graveyard?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: OOC Discussion

Post by TetNak » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:51 pm

Once again ;)
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic