Prelude: Discovery

Over thirty years ago humans found a cache of ancient Prothean technology on the planet Mars. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".Run by DM Tet'Nak
Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Welcome to the Normandy

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:33 am

Grissom nods and replies, "Thank you, sir. This is a quite remarkable ship you have. We didn't notice any Alliance markings on the exterior or recognize the ship design."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:50 am

Argot leans against the wall and glares at one of the empty chairs, which is unable to contain his bulky figure, specially in the armor he is currently wearing. He looks upon face after face attempting to read the emotions and learn a thing or two about these humans. As he learns that he is going to the center of human operations, his head drops to his chest and sighs before he mutters,

"Someone better fill me in what we are doing? Relics, operations of turians, spectres...what's it all about?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:21 pm

Captain Anderson looks at the Krogan, then back to Grissom. He really has nothing to say. Whatever is to be explained should be by the others.

"It is a prototype," Anderson says simply, "A stealth cruiser, I suppose, with full cloaking capabilities. Saren didn't even see us coming." He seems proud of that fact.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:36 pm

Grissom gives a stare at the Krogan for being some blunt, but considers that's what typical Krogans do and shrugs it off.

"Ok, since we're all here and have some time to catch our breaths. Here's the story. I was sent to retrieve an artifact that was being smuggled onto Omega. That's where I met Ral," He nods over to the Quaran sitting nearby.

"He was unaware of what he had in his possession and agreed to turn it over to the Alliance in exchange for helping him with his operation from the doctor." He says nodding to the Salarian.

"Along the way, we ran into trouble with Aria's mercs and the doctor was captured. That's when Kinney, Tai, and David arrived as re-enforcements. With their help and Argot's last minute intervention, we were able to get the doctor and board the shuttle."

Even though everyone in the room is aware of what happened on the shuttle, Grissom explains it anyways so that Captain Anderson can get the complete picture of the events.

"As we were heading towards the Mass Relay, Saren showed up and disabled our shuttle and then David threatened to blow up the shuttle and let Saren collect the pieces along with the artifact. It appears he was waiting until we retrieved the artifact and knew it was in our possession before calling Saren, which means Saren probably has information on all of us now and could be looking for pay back."

Looking over to Ral, he says, "As far as what the artifact is, well... that's for the scientists to figure out. I was just sent to retrieve it."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:14 am

Kinney keeps silent for the most time during this conversation. She just listens to the Captain and the Lieutenant and only glances at Argot's statement.

"I'm afraid that Saren was looking for the arifact for some time now," Kinney says as the artifact becomes the subject. "Because a few weeks ago he sent someone, another Turian who killed a few people when he was looking for an engineer who was in the posession of schematics of the artifact." She pulls out the disc with the data and sets it on the table. "I went to David Bandelos, because he was the only one wou could encrypt the data."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:30 am

"Huh.." comes from Argot who still glares at the chair with suspicion. "And this artifact, contains what?" he says looking up, though there is signs of interest written upon the hard face.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:33 am

Anderson considers for a moment and says, "I do not know." Who knows if he is lying or actually being truthful. But he admits, "Not sure I would tell you if I did, though." He looks at the Krogan wearily. "I guess we'll know soon, or at least someone will." The captain does not ask for the artifact or demand it, for that matter.

"We are nearing the Mass Relay. I will have my XO assign you quarters for the trip." The Captain stands up, looking to excuse himself.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:43 pm

"So you're not going to take the artifact with you?" Kinney asks. Of course the can't leave it lying around anyway. "I guess the Lieutenant will keep it until we're asked to hand it over."

She waits for the captain to leave.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Captain Anderson pauses, "It is not mine to take. The High Command will decide what to do with it."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:48 pm

Ral notices the Captain not taking the artifact, and so he makes sure Grissom takes it, can't leave it laying about. "I've done my part yes? I believe when we reach the station you will follow through with your's Grissom? My implant." He looks at the Doctor and the human and knows the two won't go back on their words, not now.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring