Prelude: Pilgrimage

Over thirty years ago humans found a cache of ancient Prothean technology on the planet Mars. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".Run by DM Tet'Nak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Prelude: Pilgrimage

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:25 am

Ral nar Faanas has been on the freighter 'Freedom's Wake' for seventeen days.

After a day, Ral basically took over the duties as the ship's engineer as payment for his passage. Ral had often thought how this ship would have fit into the fleet perfectly. Here, it was nearly derelict, but Ral had improved the ship's systems' efficiency 215%. Ral wasn't even an Engineer amongst his people.

Freedom's Wake is a smuggling vessel that works mostly outside of Citadel controlled space. The crew is made up of Batarians, Humans, Salarians, and even a Krogan.

Omega station isn't far away, and Ral is hoping that he can make it off this ship in one piece. Mostly, people have stayed their distance from the Quarian as much as possible.

Instead of sleeping, as Ral should be, he's reading logs on his Omni-Tool is collected long before he left the fleet.

There is a doctor on the Omega Station that may perform the surgery you desire. Seek Mordin Solus in the ghetto of the station. He runs a clinic there.

- The Shadow Broker

Ral had paid dearly for that information, every credit he could get, to be exact.
This game is for Var
Last edited by TetNak on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Prelude: Pilgrimage

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:50 pm

Sitting in his tiny bunk in the engine room Ral is comforted by the hum of the engines, engines that were making a chunkca-chunka sound when he first arrived on board, but now hum cleanly and smoothly. I hope they don't break all my hard work when I leave. He thinks to himself as he glances up from his Omni-Tool log to glance at the engine.

Tapping the tool on his arm he scrolls through the log re-reading his information commiting it to memory. His hood and visor that never leave his body are drapped in shadow and light given off by his Omni-Tool. "How much further?" He asks of no one but the ship itself.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:52 pm

Interfacing with the ship's computer from his Omni-Tool, Ral notes that with their coarse trajectory, they should be ready to dock at Omega Station in 1 hour, 10 minutes, and 54 seconds.

From outside, Ral hears heavy boots on the metal stairs leading up to the cargo deck. Someone is coming.

Turning the corner into the engine room is an Asari. The Asari is the only one on board, the XO of the ship, Elyana. She is out of place on the 'Freedom's Wake' just as the Quarian is.

"Preparing for your departure?" That the XO is here, speaking to Ral, is somewhat strange. Ral cannot remember the Asari really ever speaking to him before except for interrogating him when he came on board.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:55 pm

Ral stands up and unlinks his Omni-tool from the ship's system. "I am indeed. We should be arriving soon, correct?" He has really nothing to pack, a pistol, some medi-gel already installed in his armor, and no credits to speak of. "Where would you like me to wait until we dock with Omega Station?" He's polite the XO isn't someone to triffle with.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:23 am

Elyana smiles slightly. The Asari are seductive even when they aren't trying to be. Ral isn't sure which this is.

Elyana walks forward, leaning against a machine part, her back arched in a stretch. Her body armor bending with each curve of her body.

"I have always wondered what a Quarian looks like unmasked ..."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:05 am

"You shall likely never know Elyana." The Quarian live their whole lives hardly touching flesh to flesh, even during reproduction the the contact between mates is minimal. "To remove a Quarian's bio suit would expose them to any number of fatal diseases and biotoxins. I would not risk such a danger, nor would any of my kind that I know of. We are one and the same with our suits, my mask is as much me as my face is." He smiles or attempts to beyond the mirrored shield of his helm.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:16 am

The Asari has no way of seeing the smile.

"I have often wondered why your kind did not choose an opaque mask, then?"

Elyana takes a deep breath, and herself does smile, "I have only one more task for you when you depart." She pulls a metal box, perfectly square, and the size enough to fit in someone's hand. "I need you to deliver this to someone."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:23 am

"Each Quarian is differnt, some prefer clear masks, others not." The slender man reaches out and takes the box, "You have been most accomodating, if I can help you deliver this, I shall try." He looks the box over in his hand, "Is it going to someone on Omgea Station then?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:27 am

"Aria T'Loak," Elyana says, "She's the administrator of the station. Giving it to one of her cronies will do, if they deliver it."

The Asari extends her hand toward Ral for him to take the box.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:30 am

He takes the box and turns it over in his hand, "Small. Likely very valuable? Fragile?" He attempts to assess it but of course won't open it or even think about it. A bit niaive in the ways of the universe outside the Flotilla he could be delievering a bomb and he wouldn't even suspect it. "Will she be expecting it from you?"