Prelude: Pilgrimage

Over thirty years ago humans found a cache of ancient Prothean technology on the planet Mars. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".Run by DM Tet'Nak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: Pilgrimage

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:11 am

"Unique, no, extremely-rare, yes."

Mordin Solus walks over to a terminal, quickly doing something, Ral doesn't know what.

"This-is-a-free-clinic, lucky-for-you, alas, for-sick, you-do-not-meet-that-description."

The Salarian continues after a short break, "Still, interesting-case, never-attempted-the-surgery, always-wanted-to."

Mordin considers again, "I-do-this, no-charge, but, no-implants-here, have-none. Could-order, expensive, perhaps-you-repay-in-some-other-fashion. What-could-you-do?"

The doctor is quickly breaking from gaps in his speaking to his speedy blathering. "I-know, permits, permits-indeed. Special-omni-gel, bought-it-already, Aria-being-a-dolt. Want's-extra-tax, silly, bad-for-business, not-ethical. Either-convince-Aria, somewhat-the-head-of-state-here, to-allow-shipment, with-normal-rates, or, just-get-the-shipment-to-me. If-she-doesn't-know, too, bad, for, her."

Mordin claps his hands, "Wonderful! We-have-a-deal, yes?"
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:27 am

Ral just stands there trying to listen.

He breaths a moment, enough for them both.

"Deal. Can you tellme where Aria is? Is she the Administrator of Omega Station? I need to speak to her as well."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:31 am

"Afterlife."

The doctor looks down, then up, "She-runs-Omega, if-you-call-it-that. Criminal, for-the-most-part. Dangerous."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:22 pm

"Afterlife? She's in the afterlife?" The Quarian woudl at first think that it might be the name of a ship, his Flotilla mentality strong in him, but he knows that's unlikely the case here. "Where is the Afterlife? Is that a place here? How do I get there?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:43 pm

"A-club," the doctor says, "On-the-main-promenade. Can't-be-missed."

The doctor types something into his terminal. "Busy, have-real-sick-people-to-attend-to."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Ral nods, "I will return once I've gotten you that shipment of Omni-Gel. Thank you." He smiles behind that mask and then heads out of the room and back to the main promenade of the station. He attempts to get some directions to "Afterlife" from the receptionist if she's willing to talk, or even share a map of the station on his OmniTool.

Once outside he starts off after this place and the Administrator. "Can kill two duct rats with one blast..." he touches the package to be delievered to the woman and now his task to get the shipment to the doctor so he can get his implant.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:28 pm

The recepicionist smiles and looks up at Ral.

"Oh, hello there, the Afterlife?"

She goes on to give fairly detailed directions to the club.

"Sorry, Doctor Solus had a couple additional questions."

She just asks them, aloud, reading from her terminal. "How long was your mother exposed to Element Zero? Have you had any serious injuries or disease? And ... what ship was it that you arrived on Omega from?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:35 pm

Ral makes a motion for the woman to keep her voice down, he doesn't want everyone on the station knowing about his condition. "She was exposed for only a few minutes. She didn't survive the exposer. I haven't had any serious diseases, but my arm was broken once in an enegineering accident when I was about 12 cycles old." He considers the last question, "What's that have to do with my condition I wonder?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:53 pm

The receptionist shrugs, but still waits for the information.

"I am sure he has a good reason," she says.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Ral isn't so sure why its important, but he has a feeling it might cause problems. Still he has few options but to trust the doctor at this point if he wants what he wants. So he tells the woman, "It was a freighter called 'Freedom's Wake'." He then makes to leave unless she needs something else.