Prelude: A Captain's Life

Over thirty years ago humans found a cache of ancient Prothean technology on the planet Mars. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".Run by DM Tet'Nak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Prelude: A Captain's Life

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:52 pm

Alexus stands on deck of 'The Censor'. The ship's been grounded for a week now. The ambassador's death has left the ship in flux. The crew has been given leave, with regular duty on the ship for ten hours a day, and have been spread throughout the Citadel.

The captain's guess on if they will receive a new ambassador is as good as anyone's.

"Captain Tai," the officer on deck says, "You have a secure communique. It is Turian High Command. Do you wish me to patch it through to your personal cabin?"
This Prelude is for Bo
Last edited by TetNak on Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Prelude: A Captain's Life

Post by Bo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:18 pm

"Most certainly, Officer," replies Alexus Tai. He nods his head in reply to the officer's salute and then dismisses him. He watches him leave and then turns, marching slowly to is private quarters.

The Turian listens to the soft hiss of the door closing behind him and then walks across the room and activates his communications system. If a Turian can be said to smile, Alexus does so. His quarters are decorated with memorabilia from past accomplishments and still holograms of those individuals important to him, most notably his father (deceased) and the ambassador he has been with for so many years... now also gone.

He awaits for the communique to begin.
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:20 pm

The viewscreen comes to life before Alexus.

A Turian stands there, his facial tattoo a mixture of red and gray. This Turian is known to the captain, it is Admiral Romus, a friend of his father and his direct superior.

"Alexus," he starts, "Enjoying your time on the Citadel?"

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:24 pm

Alexus salutes his superior and gives all due signs of respect. "Greetings, Admiral Romus," he says. "It is difficult to be joyful after the death of the Ambassador. He was a great leader. It is, however, important to reflect on the lives of the deceased and honor them... learn from them." He nods. "Some down time on the Citadel has helped myself and my crew do so. For that, Admiral, you have my thanks. How can I be of service to you?"
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:27 pm

The admiral greets Alexus' response with silence.

The silence is worrisome.

"Your ship is being reassigned. No longer are you a Turian ship, you are an Systems Alliance vessel now."

Romus grunts, "It was not my decision. I assure you."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:38 pm

If a Turian's face could be said to be, at baseline, a blank slate, then Tai's visage is a wall of granite. He does his best to hide his disappointment.

"Systems Alliance?" he says. He nods. "Very well. I will do my duty to the best of my ability, Admiral. May I inquire as to the reason and nature of this reassignment? Such information may better enable me to perform at a high level." A little less gruff than most Turians, Alexus has learned a thing or two from the ambassador he served for so long.
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:17 am

"I had to fight to get you this information," the Admiral says, "Your crew are to still believe themselves under Turian High Command."

Romus continues, "You'll be transporting a Spectre in the guise of an ambassador." The Admiral once again grumbles, "I know nothing more that that. You are under the Spectre's command now."
Shit. I said Systems Alliance, I meant Citadel Alliance

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:28 am

No problem!
"A Spectre?" Tai asks. "Please tell me he's at least Turian." He pauses. "One must maintain appearances, Admiral, and you know how fickle a crew can be. Regardless," he gives another salute. "We will not fail you. When can I expect the Spectre's arrival? It sounds like I need to recall my men to the ship at once."
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:31 am

"He's Turian," the Admiral says, "He's Saren."

Everyone knows the name Saren. He's a legend throughout the Galaxy.

"I hear tomorrow, but it could be anytime." The admiral pauses, "Alexus, be careful."

And everyone knows Saren's reputation.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:51 am

Tai nods. "Don't worry, Admiral. I will. Do you have any advice? If not, I'll begin to make preparations for Saren's arrival. Whatever his business, I'm sure it's important and I will do my part to help." He narrows his eyes.
~Bo~