Prelude: Long Days, Long Nights

Over thirty years ago humans found a cache of ancient Prothean technology on the planet Mars. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".Run by DM Tet'Nak
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Prelude: Long Days, Long Nights

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:26 pm

"Well, this Lieutenant Grissom seems to have some trouble, so it won't be a pleasent cruise. At least not in the beginning," Kinney says. "And as far as I remember the Alliance, this could mean that it's either a Geth warship hunting them or they could have a slight problem with their ships mass drive. Or anything in between. But when I see what reinforcements they send it seems to be the latter."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:38 pm

"Bah, Geth haven't been seen in over two-hundred years," David says, waving his hand in dismissal.

The Engineer looks at a couple of the sensors and shakes his head, "Here comes the debris," he says. Through the sensors, everyone can see flying pieces of metal and destruction left in the wake of whatever marauder made short work of Kinney's transport and presumably the Censor as well.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:12 pm

"Yeah, I know that, but I was referring to the indication of trouble," Kinney sighs. "I could've also said that Omega has a battleship-sized hull breach as a worst case scenario..."

With the sight of debris, she becomes silent remembering all the poor and stupid people aboard the transport. Why didn't they want to listen when I speaked with them?

"Can you find out what kind of weapon destroyed the ships?" Kinney asks David who's looking at the sensors.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:51 pm

"No way to tell," David says, "It would take weeks to analyze all this, and we do not even have remotely the right equipment on board I am afraid."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:26 am

"That's right. So why do you want to get to it so badly?" Kinney asks with a smile. "Ah, let me guess, you want to bring it back to Arcturus Station personally and try to get involved when they find out what it is."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:45 pm

Alexus give a hearty 'hrmph' as the shuttle weaves in an out of the debris, eventualliy coming out of the obstacle course and back into open space. He didn't see any floating limbs or severed heads, but they may be out there... Or the more likely scenario is that his crew was simply vaporized.

He looks down at the monitors, checking to see the distance to the Mass Relay and eavesdropping on Kinney's conversation. "The Alliance should be careful. And you humans are new to things, remember.. there is much in the galaxy much older than you an imagine.. an also more dangerous."
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:00 am

"Like a Turian Spectre, Captain Tai?" Kinney asks only half-joking. "Don't worry, sir, I don't want to die very soon. And let me tell you that I was creeped out, when I read the reports about the Geth, we got from the Council. Gee, I really don't want to know what happened with them until they were seen the last time."

"I don't know if this ship can do it, but can't you scan for any rescue beacons or something similar?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:05 pm

David shakes his head, "We would have seen them. Those things are proactive, we would have spotted one." He frowns, "Either they were destroyed or never got activated."
The Geth haven't been seen for hundreds of years. The Geth are not around ICly. This is all pre-Geth
Alexus calculates that they will reach the Mass Relay within the hour.

David continues, "The Turian is right, of course, but those eager for knowledge can achieve great things. Look at what Promethean technology has done for humanity already. We wouldn't be here if it weren't for what we found on Mars."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:01 pm

"Very depressing," Kinney says, thinking about the people on her transport, especially those she had to push away with her biotic ability. "Yes, Mr. Bandelos, I'm quite familiar with human history. I cannot remember how many times some instructors praised the people who discovered and put those relics to use."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Tai nods. "Agreed.. we just must be careful. I do not mean to imply that humans are the only species capable of haste when it is not called for or hubris when it leads to harm.... as Kinney here so aptly points out. My spine tingles at the thought of what Saren has to do with all this.. if a Spectre goes south, if that is the human slang for it, then there will be hell to pay."

He continues to pilot the shuttle towards the relay and does run through his scanners, making sure there's nothing in the area that could be lying in wait for the adventurers. After all, mass relays are pefect choke points and places for an attack!
Just being cautious here. not sure what abilities the shuttle has.
~Bo~