Prelude: Long Days, Long Nights

Over thirty years ago humans found a cache of ancient Prothean technology on the planet Mars. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".Run by DM Tet'Nak
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Prelude: Long Days, Long Nights

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:07 pm

"Yeah, I'm not looking forward to meet any Spectre. You know what's worrying me?" Kinney asks Captain Tai. "Not only are we flying towards a Mass Relay where an unknown attacker destroyed at least two ships, but we're also arriving at the Mass Relay near Omega, where we know what may be waiting there right after our arrival."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:41 pm

This mission is dangerous, no doubt, especially with such a poor spacecraft for anything defensive. Finally Tai spots the Mass Relay on his sensors. They blink and begin transmitting coordinates of where he should approach to reach the nearest Relay to Omega.

There is no sign of any other craft this far our, not even debris.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:33 pm

"Well, at least the way seems clear," Kinney comments. "It doesn't seem like anyone was attacked here. Or the aggressor's are tidy enough to clean this place of any remains from a battle. Wake me up when you can see Omega," she says and leans back in her seat. With a hand at the rifle next to the seat, Kinney closes her eyes, hoping to get a little, undisturbed rest before they reach their destination.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:28 pm

"Sure thing," Alexus says as the Mass relay gets closer and closer. As the vessel nears, the captain runs the vessel throught he appropriate procedures in preparation for faster than light travel. "Sweet dreams..."
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:20 pm

The Juggernaut careens into the Mass Relay jump station. Alexus knows every ship handles the jump differently. The Turian has no idea what to expect from just a small ship. The ship lurches badly and throws everyone from their seats. Before they can right themselves they come out on the other side, slowly navigating out of the jump exit.

David climbs back up with a grunt, "My heavens!" He sighs, looking at the scanners, "Well, that's Omega," he says, pointing to a massive blip the size of a moon on the screen.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:07 pm

"Yeah, I think we are lucky that the ship didn't brake apart," Kinney comments, scrambling back to her feet and searching for her rifle. She picks it up from a corner in the ship and gets back on the seat, making sure that she's strapped in. "The name doesn't fit the ship, does it? Whoever gave it the name was a very cheery guy."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:47 pm

"We're still in one piece," Alexus says stiffly. "And I'm glad of that." He quickly goes over the ship's controls, setting a course for Omega and scanning the immediate area for any activity. "I guess I'm not going to rest easy until this whole nasty mess is over with. What I would give for a peaceful command at this point..."

He watches out the viewport as the planet looms. "Either of you ever been here before?"
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:07 pm

"Nah. The Systems Alliance doesn't make field trips to this place. But I considered to go there when I was done with my service. I even thought about joining a mercenary gang called Blue Eclipse, or something like that," Kinney says. Her memories about the short-lived mercenary career are not very fond.

She looks at David and then back to Tai. "How about you?"

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:59 pm

"I've been many places," says Tai. "But not to Omega." He turns to Kinney. "Blue Eclipse, eh? What happened with that? You don't sound as if it ended well."
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:09 pm

"It didn't. I survived and went to C-Sec," Kinney says tight-lipped. "Not a very nice story. At least nothing I'd tell my niece."

She turns away, checking if her weapon hasn't been damaged by the rough ride.