Prelude: A Prison Cell

Over thirty years ago humans found a cache of ancient Prothean technology on the planet Mars. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".Run by DM Tet'Nak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Prelude: A Prison Cell

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:19 pm

Argot sits patiently in a dank, dark, jail cell. The steel is the strongest in the galaxy, preventing the Krogan from just ripping it open and walking out. There are several others here, the newest occupant a Salarian.

The Krogan has been here for just over three months. His last job for Aria went very poorly, and apparently this is his punishment. The guards outside his cell are two Batarian scumbags. One that Argot has worked with before, a merc named Caster.

In the distance, Argot hears an alarm ring out.
This thread is for Wargie!
Last edited by TetNak on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Prelude: A Prison Cell

Post by Wargie » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Leaning against the wall close to the door Argot scratches one of the scaly ridges on his head while muttering, "...if I've gotten a pest problem whlie in 'ere fleshbags will die..". He throws a glance at the other prisoners who he has ignored so far, as they are mostly weak, soft and well, bags of flesh.

As the alarm starts bleeping i outside he walks up to the door slamming his heavy fist against it, "Oy! Caster! You better handle that before you end up in here, cuz if you do end up in 'ere I will kill ya for not letting me out these last few months!"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:35 pm

Caster's head snaps and peers toward the Krogan. "Shut up!" He listens to his headset, frowning, "I am here to guard you, and these other fools, now be quiet before I decide you accidentally shot yourself."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:15 am

A low short cut growling sound comes from somewhere deep inside the throat of Argot, and after a moment some of the other cellmates might realize that Argot is laughing, or atleast chuckling at what Caster just said.

"Heh. By the sound coming down that corridor you and yer mates aren't up fer the job of protecting me." He steps to the other side of the door so he glance through the bars down the other side of the corridor. "Ye know..." he licks his lips with a purple tongue, "..if you let me out, I could be standing there with you against what is coming..."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:39 pm

Caster looks at Argot and rolls his many eyes. "That's a laugh. You would try to kill me." He points his assault rifle in the Krogan's general direction. "Settle down. The guards will have whatever is amiss under control any second now..."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:39 pm

Argot grins at Caster, "Heh, for four eyes ye aint that bad." the grin cracks up in a broader grin. "But I hope yer right...cuz I would laugh when they blow yer brains out in front of me, and I could have helped ya." He leans back from the door and leans against the wall and asks the rest of the room, "Anyone expecting a rescue? Cuz it sounds like one is happenin' out there..."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:55 pm

The Salarian next to Argot says, in an extremely fast reply, "Perhaps. Did-not-expect-it. Very-motivated, I-suppose."

Caster looks between the Krogan and Salarian and grunts, then hears something on his headset, and without a word exits the room.

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:14 pm

The krogan looks at the salarian for a long moment after he silences. Argot concentrates while his mind attempts to figure out what was just said, and at after a brief moment, the krogan grins. "Good. Bring me along." He glances out into the hall and sees Caster move away, "If ya had let me out, I might have saved ya!" he stars to laugh loudly, "Go and die like a good batarian now."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:14 pm

The Krogan might be surprised when the cell door of the Salarian unlocks and deactivates.

"Why-should-I? Krogans-very-misbehaved. Cause-me-to-be-caught. Better-I-go-alone."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:30 am

Argot places both palms upon the surface of the door and chokes down the anger that he feels pulsing through his spine at the words from the salarian.
A short breath later, "I can protect you against other nasty krogans, and then be very very discreet to make sure you are not caught..." and he continues with a very pained smile.