Chapter 1: Link to the Past

Over thirty years ago humans found a cache of ancient Prothean technology on the planet Mars. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".Run by DM Tet'Nak
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Chapter 1: Link to the Past

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:11 pm

Ral finds a seat, doesn't matter where, he just sort of moves to whatever consol looks free on the bridge area and takes a seat there. Then bringing up the engine and other systems on the screen he awaits either a metting, orders, or take off. His gear, new items included, are packed in his locker on the ship and he's ready to depart.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:17 pm

The Turian acknowledges Grissom and continues to make checks in preparation for takeoff.
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:22 am

The Lieutenant Commander enters the cockpit and informs the Turian, "Prepare for lift off."

Clicking a holographic button on his omnitool, he turns on the ship's intercom and begins speaking. "Attention, this is Lieutenant Commander Grissom."

"Our mission is to stop the rogue SPECTRE Saren Arterius. He is a cunning and dangerous adversary with no regard for life. Saren took an oath to protect the galaxy and now he has turned against all of us. For the sake of the galaxy, we must find him and but a stop to his activities. I would like to extend my thanks for accepting this mission and becoming part of the team that will stop Saren one way or another."

Touching the holographic display once more to turn off the intercom, he looks to Tai and says, "Okay, let's get out of here."

I was just stalling for a bit until we worked out the ship details, but no need to stall if we don't expect starship combat between here and destination.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:28 am

Never know what will happen with Tet at the helm ;)
"Yes, sir," says Tai. With all systems checked out, the pilot again contacts flight control and obtains a vector for take off.

"Cleared for launch at bay AZ101. Proceed to check Alpha-Ten-Gamma and then proceed on the vector that will be transmitted to you shortly," comes a pleasant female voice from control.

"Roger that," replies the Turian and then looks over to Grissom. "And I'm glad to have you with us, sir," he says. "I think all of us aboard have been wronged by Saren.. and with so much at stake, we can't afford to fail."

There is a slight rumbling of the Houston's deck as its main reactor comes online. Slowly, the ship begnis to move up and then out of the docking bay.
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:42 am

Kinney just made it back aboard, before Grissom seems to lose his patience. It still took some time to get back in the armor without any help, but luckily she didn't have to carry much aboard the ship anway. So after stashing away the little equipment she has, Kinney returns in full armor to Argot when the reactor comes online and the ship begins to move.

"It doesn't look like we got our requested granted," the human officer says when she doesn't spot any delivery. "We're just have to make the best of what we have, right? Don't you trust our weapons? It'll take some time to check each and every one we have. Well, I'll better leave you to it then."

After removing the weapons from her armor and quickly checking her own small armory, Kinney takes the seat in front of a terminal and begins to look into the rogue Spectre.

"Oh, I almost forgot," she says to Argot a few moments later. "I recovered a shotgun from a Krogan a few weeks backs. But I don't need it anyway. It's too... crude. Maybe you can use it."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:43 pm

Ral monitors engine output, cloaking status, and other techincal data on his screen. He isn't trained as an engineer, but by viture of his race he's probably better than three quarters of the rest of the crew and so he settles in for that job while in flight.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:58 am

Sorry to push ahead without conclusion of the weapon request, I was hoping we could RP that it arrived/didn't arrive as we were flying to destination. I didn't want to hold up the game too much longer
Grissom waits until Tai gets the ship moving towards the destination before taking a seat to rest for a moment. As he sits, he looks through the information downloaded about Saren's whereabouts and information concerning space station Velor, it's purpose, structural layout configuration, and it's contents.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:35 pm

As the Houston clears the station, the running lights on its sides blink out and the passengers may get that queasy feeling - an uneasy mixture of building inertia and artificial gravity. Alexus Tai consults a handful of computers and instruments in the ship's cockpit and then asks Grissom, "Velor, eh? What are you learning about it?"

While he waits, the Turian leans forward and plugs in the coordinates to the nearest mass relay station into the ship's navigation console. The passengers may feel a slow, lazy list to port.
~Bo~