Chapter 1: Link to the Past

Over thirty years ago humans found a cache of ancient Prothean technology on the planet Mars. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".Run by DM Tet'Nak
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Chapter 1: Link to the Past

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:41 am

"Thank you, Commander. I'll gladly accept your invitation," Kinney says after a quick salute to the first human Spectre. She wonders again if Grissom may have a connection with Jon Grissom, the famed Alliance hero without him knowing about it. "I don't have to anything better anyway and I'd feel a lot better back in armor. Hell, if I had to do something better, I'd cancel it. After all, you are now part of history and there's no way that I'm going to refuse the honor to serve under you."

Although the hunt for a rogue Spectre will be far from easy she still has a burnining desire to shoot the Turian. After all it's his fault that she lost her relatively quit position at C-Sec and she suspects that he's responsible for the destruction and death of dozens of civilans aboard the transport she took to Horizon.

This takes place before ME, right? So Grissom /is/ the first human Spectre.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:06 am

... and the desire for vengeance, too, is not lost on Alexus Tai. The Turian, his metallic visage slightly turned into a sneer, says, "Saren is a disgrace to me people. If I can do anything in my power to stop him, I will."

He gives a brisk salute to Grissom. "You've shown yourself as an able commander, lieutenant. Consider my talents at your service."
~Bo~

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:17 am

Grissom nods to each of the new crew members. "Good, we worked well together and I look forward to working with you again. We have a rogue SPECTRE to catch. We better get started before he makes things worse."

The commander welcomes each team member again, at least this time it's more formal than the loose alliances and friendships made during the tactical mission.

"Ral and Tai, I want you to review our ship, when we receive it, and get up to speed on the technologies and capabilities. Neither of you have served on Alliance vessels before, so it may require a little bit of time to get accustomed to our ship designs."

"Lieutenant, I want you and Argot to make sure we have adequate weapons and ammo and anything else that we need for combat situations. I will work with my contacts and the Alliance databases to see if we can find any hints of Saren's intents or potential locations as I speak with the rest of the crew members."

Assuming Wargie accepts

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:00 pm

"Right away, sir," Kinney replies instantly. "May I suggest that Argot and I check the armory aboard the ship before we request anything from the Alliance? Maybe there's everything we need and we only have to fill a few holes in the supplies here and there."

As she waits for a reply from Grissom she smirks at the Krogan. "And then we'll see what we can requisition from the Alliance anyway."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Argot has a moment of internal strife as he ponders what to do, that is until Grissom holds his little speech and mentions a good fight. And once those words has been spoken, the krogan's blood begins to boil slightly. Perhaps the words were meant in another way, but Argot takes them quite literally. As he is invited to help out arming the group his eyes begins to shine.

"A good fight is a good enough reason for me to help you. And possibly some credits." He adds the last bit with a shrug and then turns to Kinney and grins broadly, "Let's pick up some nice firepower.." he licks his lips, "Weapons turn me on almost as much as fistfight with a krogan woman!"

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:57 pm

Alexus casts a sideways glance at Argot and then grins. He knows better than to chide a Krogran - and he is quite familiar with their combat skills: they will be more than helpful in the quest to come.

He nods to Grissom.

"Of course," he says and then turns to Ral, addressing the Quarian as well. "You will have our report as soon as possible. I will meet you in the ship's drive room?" he asks Ral.
~Bo~

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Ral nods, the Quarian is not an engineer, but his life aboard the Flotilla has taught him some tricks and he is Quarian after all. "I'll do my best Lieutentant." He turns to Tai, "Perhaps together we can make quick work of it."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:52 pm

Nodding, Alexus Tai departs, heading towards the first step in securing the party's new ship.
Guess we can flashforward to later on or RP inspection of the ship?
~Bo~

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:58 pm

Alexus and Ral are shown to the ship they are being given. They notice some vague similarities to what they had seen on the Normandy. It is, however, no larger than a gunboat. A minimal crew is needed, which is good for the group, but the ship can pack a punch as well.
I haven't technically decided what ship. Want to look through the Saga books and give me a suggestion?
The Alliance officers seem a bit remiss to mention it, but the ship is outfitted with a cloaking device.

The SSV Houston SR-2 is explained to be the ship's name.

Meanwhile, Kinney and Argot look over the armaments given to them.
Each character gets one weapon or armor upgrade. Plus 1000 credits worth of supplies
Lastly Grissom pours over any and all data on Saren. His movements were mostly secret, even to the council. His last known mission was to research the lack of contact of all personnel on the space station Velor near the Attican Traverse.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Aboard the SSV Houston SR-2...

Alexus Tai sits at a terminal in the Houston's control room and uses the holographic display to access information about the new ship's systems. "Hrm," he says, his metallic face stretching thin. "... a cloaking device. This is rare and I dare say I am not overly familiar with this technology." He looks for Ral. "Any idea of just what this thing is capable of?"
I'll look through the books when I get a chance. I have a .pdf of the Starships of the Galaxy one. Hell, we might just want to use the stats fo the Millenium Falcon but just RP it as different in appearance...
~Bo~