Chapter 1: Link to the Past

Over thirty years ago humans found a cache of ancient Prothean technology on the planet Mars. Studying and adapting this technology, humankind has managed to break free of the solar system and has established numerous colonies and encountered various extraterrestrial species within the Milky Way galaxy. Utilizing alien artifacts known as Mass Relays, the various space-faring races are able to travel instantly across vast stretches of the galaxy. Within the game, humanity has formed the Human Systems Alliance, one of many independent bodies that make up the collective of "Citadel space".Run by DM Tet'Nak
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Chapter 1: Link to the Past

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:18 pm

Aboard the SSV Houston SR-2 in the armory...

"Well, it looks alright," Kinney says to Argot. As she picks up a part she's going to attach to her sniper rifle as soon as she's back in her cabin. "But I somehow miss a little bit of heavy firepower in case we have to crack ten feet of titanium armor. Do you think we should request a few more heavy weapons? Because I'm thinking of crowd control equipment like missile or grenade launchers..."
Well, we could build our own ship, too, if we're allowed to do that. I'd do it for the group.
Besides, are we allowed to buy equipment for the 1000 credits? I'm afraid that there isn't too much to choose from in the corebook.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Ral is eventually redressed in an upgraded biosuit, the piece finishe fro him by the medical team on board the station. Working with Tai the Quarian stands looking at the cloaking tech. "Stealth. Like the Normandy. Our sensors never showed the ship on its approach until it ...de-cloaked." He brings up some scans and techincal data on the field, "Bends light, but also seems to give no signatures on other sensors. This will be very handy."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:30 pm

"Exactly," Alexus says as he continues to go over the ship's systems. The Turian and Quarian are midway through the check when Tai asks non-chalantly. "So, Ral," he asks, his concentration apparently on a holodisplay giving heat signature readings of the Houston's main thruster's, "I understandn Quarian's - at least most of them - hail from the main flotilla of your people.. when last were you there?"

He shakes his head. "I must admit that I am beginning to miss the straight-forward ways of the Turian military."
~Bo~

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:10 am

Ral taps a few buttons and the heat signature changes on the display. "We can reroute the heat output from the main lighting systems to augement the lifesupport in this section here...that could save power reserves by 3%, allowing us to boost the shields or the cloak." He types in some more stuff on the keypad as he talks.

"I left the Flotilla only just before I met with Grissom. In fact the station he was on was the first place I've been ever, that wasn't part of the Flotilla. I suppose I still have a long while before I return with something worthy."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo

Post by Bo » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:52 am

Alexus Tai nods and points at another region of the display. "And I think adding some inertial dampers here should give our targeting systems the edge we need to be a bit more acurate."

He makes a few quick notes on a datapad and then continues.

"Return with something worthy? Do worthy deeds count?" He pauses. "Saren is one of my people.. I know his drive.. his passion.. stopping him will be the stuff of legends."
~Bo~

Wargie
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Wargie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Argot grins at Kinney, "I like your thinking. Very tactical for a female." he pats Kinney's back rather roughly as he continues, "Grenade launcher would be good to clear paths, while the missile launcher would help against small craft or robots." he scratches his chin, "Let us see if we cannot get both."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Ral pauses, fingers mid stroke, "It may. If that knowledge can help the Flotilla. The return of new technologies, new knowledgeg, medicines, or anything that can impove the status of my people is accepted. I do not know if stopping a Tuarian Legend is among those requirements, but I supose I shall find out."

He looks at the data put in about the dampeners, "Yes that could work."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:43 am

Grissom arrives aboard the SSV Houston initially heads to the cockpit to see if Tai and Ral has become comfortable enough to operate the ship. "Greetings, I hope the ship meets our needs. Have you had enough time to get comfortable with everything? We'll need to lay a course to the space station Velor near the Attican Traverse. That was Saren's last known location. We'll try to see if there's any clues of what he was doing there or what his next move might be."

The lieutenant commander looks over to the Quarian and says, "I downloaded the Alliance Navy field manual for biotics. It's not much, since it's not classified, but it may provide some insight into your new abilities. There's a chapter regarding the various implants and precautions that you'll need to take to ensure proper usage."

"Tai, I'd like you to take lead on piloting the ship. Safety is paramount and we need to be able to get in and out as fast and safe as possible. The new cloaking device should assist us with that. I'll be your co-pilot and back up in case you're not available. After we get up moving, we can sit down and go over the controls. I'm afraid, I may not have much time before we take off for a lesson."

*** armory ***

After a quick informative talk with the Turian and Quarian, the Lieutenant Commander talks a walk through the rest of the ship and locates Kinney and Argot. "How do the weapons look? Do you think we have enough ammo? Saren's only one Turian, but it's unknown what we'll run up against out there."

"Lieutenant Kinney I want you to take charge of the armory and onboard weapon systems. I know you have some skills in investigation, so I want you involved in investigating Saren's last known location so we can figure out what he was doing there and where he might be going next. Since this is an Alliance vessel, you'll also be the acting commanding officer if I'm ... uh.. unable."

"Argot," the human studies the Krogan and finally states, "you'll just be in charge of blowing stuff up, but just make sure it's Saren's stuff and not ours. Saren's the prey and you're the hunter and we'll bring him in dead or alive. Either way, he's going to throw everything he has at us. He has no access to SPECTRE resources, so he's going to work the merc guilds or possibly something entirely different.

Okay, I'm back. I haven't had time to look through the items for char upgrades yet. I have Jury Duty tomorrow, so I hope to get some time away from work and use my laptop there to read up on everything.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 am

Kinney stumbles a step towards the wall and has to stop herself from crashing into it.

"Watch out, Argot. I'm not wearing any armor and you're quite strong," she says and turns back to the Krogan. "Why's it tactical for a female? I rather view myself as an Alliance Marine. Anyway you're right. It pays off to be prepared to take down obstacles or stop a fleeing suspect. So what do you want? The grenade or the rocket launcher?" Kinney asks with a smirk on her face, just as Grissom gets to the Armory. "Because I'll pick the one you don't"

She straightens up and salutes to the first Human Spectre. "It looks quite good. Maybe we need more heavy ordinance, as Argot suggested, but otherwise we should be good to go. I'll gladly look into Saren, but it might take a lot of time. I suggest that our Krogan backup could take charge of the armory when I'm not around, looking into Saren or getting acquainted with the onboard weapon systems. I know that it's not quite per Alliance regulation, but he knows almost any kind of weapons and probably a few more exotic ones than I."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:03 am

Grissom nods and states, "Sounds great. Once you've squared away the weapons, meet us on the bridge and we'll discuss our first destination."