Chapter 1: The Vale of Two Rivers

Visit the Land of Silk and Spice, a mythical land akin to ancient China and surrounding places. The Tao of 1000 Fists is told by heroes of the martial arts, each attempting to master their art and survive in a hostile and dangerous world at the same time.This game uses L5R 4ERun by GM Tet'Nak
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Fang Chou

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:11 am

"Who knows? It may be that the town guards are glad we relieved them of a corrupt magistrate. But, still, they would probably see it as their duty to enforce the law, regardless. If we're lucky, Fang Chou sent them away and they won't be back for a while--but we should hurry."

Having checked everyone over to ensure that no one's life is in immediate danger, Mei-Li ties up the thugs and Fang Chou, generally tying their legs together and their arms behind their back. If they have a broken leg though, she doesn't bother to tie that and she won't move any broken arms in a way that makes it worse. She then takes a quick look at the scroll case and pouch Fang Chou was carrying.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:56 am

Tong Fei is standing at the bar in his cell as Xun-Wen returns. He takes a deep breath. "I am very glad to see you," he says, obviously relieved they have proven victorious.

Outside, Mei-Li really has nothing to tie the men up with, but she is able to come away with Fang Chou's scroll case and belt pouch. The pouch feels like their are coins inside, but it probably is not the right time to determine what is in the scroll case unless she wishes to take time to read whatever is inside here on the street.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:53 pm

"Yes, I'm also relieved that I am still able to see. Fang Chou actually tried to hit my eye in the fight. Not just hitting my face, but actually plucking out an eye," Xun-Wen says as he goes through the keyes find the right one to open the cell. "Maybe we have to drag him with us and learn who he's working for and from whom he learned to fight like that. Oh yes, we also don't want him to tell Lord Bu who did this to him."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:48 pm

Tong Fei does not look surprised. On the third try, the door unlocks and Fei steps out. "A thousand thanks, friend." He seems a lot more humble than the first time they met. "You want to take him with us? Anywhere we go will be in danger. They are going to know my father was involved in this escape, regardless, as long as they do not have proof." He shrugs his shoulder as he peers out the building without exiting. "What's the escape plan?"

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:32 pm

Mei-Li puts away the scroll case and pouch for later examination. She then goes to do first aid on the wounded, starting with the Tong guards, then the thugs, then Fang Chou. When she gets to the thugs and Fang Chou, she uses her dagger to cut their clothing into strips to tie them up with. It may be embarrassing for them, but it will be safer for her, Xun-Wen and Tong Fei. To the still standing guard she asks, "How much weight can those horses carry safely? We need some way to take these prisoners away with us. We can't leave them here or the full weight of the law will fall on our heads."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:35 pm

The guard shrugs. "They can ride two, certainly." He looks down at the injured. "These thugs, never seen them before, our faces are hidden." He points to the magistrate, "Only he seems to know who anyone was."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:16 am

"Hmm, you're right," says Mei-Li. "We can leave the thugs here and take Fang Chou with us. I suppose we can lock the thugs up in prison, though I would want to leave a note somewhere--maybe the door of the inn--to make sure they don't starve to death if the regular town guards don't return for some reason. And we can leave the ransom note behind as well--it might still help Lord Tong deny any involvement." She looks around, "Whatever happened to Song, the guard who betrayed us? He seemed to disappear once the fighting started. He might still be trouble." As she says this, Mei-Li adds a gag to Fang Chou's bonds. She doesn't want to hear whatever threats he might make.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:03 pm

He frowns, "I forgot about him," the guard says, "I do not know where he ran off to." He looks around quickly, "You go, I will search him out and see if I can capture him. I will take him back to Lord Tong."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:53 pm

"The escape plan is to ride somewhere in the mountains to hide and claim that you've been kidnapped to get a large amount of money for you," Xun-Wen says. "But I'm not sure if we keep it like that, because we intended to leave a note for Fang Chou, too. And now that we have beaten him we might have to change the plan. Let's look outside and aks Mei-Li."

He heads outside to Mei-Li.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."