Chapter 1: The Vale of Two Rivers

Visit the Land of Silk and Spice, a mythical land akin to ancient China and surrounding places. The Tao of 1000 Fists is told by heroes of the martial arts, each attempting to master their art and survive in a hostile and dangerous world at the same time.This game uses L5R 4ERun by GM Tet'Nak
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Fang Chou

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 pm

Sighing with relief that the thug has finally fallen unconscious, Mei-Li moves forward to engage with Fang Chou and the remaining thug. She moves in behind Fang Chou to keep the corrupt magistrate from escaping, then swings her staff at the remaining thug to keep him from hurting the Tong guard lying on the ground.
Move and Attack.
Move SEx3, SWx1, so I'm south of Fang Chou and Tong Guard #2.
Attack Thug #1. (Where is the prone Tong guard anyway? You seem to have removed him from the map.)
Defense: I guess Dodge is my only option for this maneuver.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:48 pm

Xun-Wen 6.1, Fang Chou 6, Mei-Li 5.75, Tong Guards 5, Thugs 5
Prone Tong Guard is TG 1. He's west of FC. He's on the map still
Mei-Li jumps around the man she's knocked out, getting into position to face Fang Chou and his henchman. She brings her staff down rather recklessly against the thug's knee, smashing it badly, and with a terrible tearing sound the thug falls to his butt. He grabs his knee with his non-weapon hand, screaming out in terrible pain.
Move & Attack: 4 vs. 14 - 4 (Move & Attack) = 10, Critical Hit!
Hit Location: Left Leg
Critical: 10 (Normal Damage Only)
Dmg: 8 - 1 = 7
Reduces to 6
Crippled
HT Roll for Stunning: 9, Success
Fall down (Leg Crippled, Lame Disadvantage)
Posture: Sitting
Xun-Wen: -2 (Left Leg) -1 (Right Leg) - 3 (Right Arm).
Mei-Li: -2 (Left Hand)

TG1: - 6 (Body). Stunned/Knockdown (Prone).
TG2: - 3 (Body)
TG3: - 6 (Right Arm, Crippled). Fled

Fang Chou: -2 (Body)
T#1: - 3 (Left Leg). -3 (Body) -6 (Left Leg).
T#2: - 12 (Body). Unconscious
T#3: -6 (Left Arm). -8 (Groin). -3 (Right Leg). Unconscious.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Xun-Wen 6.1, Fang Chou 6, Mei-Li 5.75, Tong Guards 5, Thugs 5
The guards and thugs are pretty much out of commission. The man with the newly damaged knee slumps over as well, the accumulations of blows too much for him. The only man standing, a Tong Guard, swings at Fang Chou but misses.
TG1: Stunned (Do Nothing)
Recover: HT: 11, Fail
Stunned
TG2 vs. Fang Chou: 14, Fail
T#1: HT Roll: 12, Fail
Unconscious.
Xun-Wen, working off his feint ...
Xun-Wen: -2 (Left Leg) -1 (Right Leg) - 3 (Right Arm).
Mei-Li: -2 (Left Hand)

TG1: - 6 (Body). Stunned/Knockdown (Prone).
TG2: - 3 (Body)
TG3: - 6 (Right Arm, Crippled). Fled

Fang Chou: -2 (Body)
T#1: - 3 (Left Leg). -3 (Body) -6 (Left Leg). Unconscious
T#2: - 12 (Body). Unconscious
T#3: -6 (Left Arm). -8 (Groin). -3 (Right Leg). Unconscious.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:30 am

"Now you're alone," Xun-Wen states without taking his eyes from Fang Chou. "It's better to give up now or you'll end up face down in the dirt like your friends."

Hoping that Fang Chou is still distracted or at least out of his pattern to dodge and block from his feint, Xun-Wen brings his left hand around, aiming at the temple of his opponent, and tries to strike with the side of the hand. After that he just pulls his left hand back in a fluid motion and aims at Fang Chou's face with his elbow, so he doesn't waste any energy he puts into his strikes from the left.
Commited Attack (Determined): Exotic Hand Strike w/ left hand.
Commited Attack (Determined): Elbow Strike.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Xun-Wen has the advantage now. He throws his awkward strike, the knuckles protruding ... The student is almost surprised when they connect to the side of Fang Chou's head, causing him to stumble badly. Just as he does, he finishes the magistrate with an elbow straight to the face, crushing Chou's nose and dropping him to the ground, completely knocked out.
Attack #1: 4, Critical Hit
Hit Location: 14 (Left Leg)
Dmg: 5 - 1 = 4
Shock Doubled: -8 (Critical Hit)
Temporary Crippling (6 Rounds)

Elbow Attack: 8 vs. 10 + 2 = 12, Success
Dodge: 10 vs. 10 - 1 (Feint) - 3 (Lying Down) = 6, Fail
Hit Location: Right Arm
Dmg: 2 Dmg

HT roll: 12, Fail
You'll notice you really hit the legs. THe result would have been the same, so I just changed where you hit fro common sense/dramatic effect. Also, you didn't technically score a KO, but he failed his HT roll for the next round, so I just packaged it all together.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:42 pm

"Nice shot," says Mei-Li. "Looks like you didn't need my help after all." She looks around at all the injured bodies. "What a mess. Let's get the key off Fang Chou," as she says this, she begins searching him. "You can get Tong Fei out of his cell, while I begin giving first aid and make sure no one dies from their injuries. Then we need to figure out what to do with the Honorable Magistrate and his men. We can't leave them free. We can't leave them prisoner here--Lord Bu would just come to rescue them. We have to take them somewhere that they can be held long-term and no one would think to look for them." She looks up at Xun-Wen and says rather grimly, "You realize we may now be in a great deal of trouble for having beaten an imperial magistrate unconscious and rescuing a man condemned to hang for treason?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:30 am

"You are kidding Mei-Li," Xun-Wen says looking down on himself. "I am glad that I can still stand and I do not doubt that any punch of Fang Chou could have incapacitated me. You don't seem to be hurt at all." He waits until she has searched Fang Chou and nods in agreement. "I'll get Tong Fei. And I do not worry about the magistrate and Lord Bu too much. After all the Dragon's Eye is not yet an official religion, but rather a dangerous cult. My father once said that cults are mere stones in a flowing river: they may change the current but won't alter the river's stream. And I think you have proof that Fang Chou belonged to them."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:37 am

The guard that is standing helps the other, remaining guard, up to his feet. "We should hurry, before the real town guards arrive." Everyone has their face covered at least.

Xun-Wen quickly searches Fang Chou and finds a keyring with about a half dozen keys. One of these must open the cell. Mei-Li checks over everyone quickly, no one appears near dead, although the man she beat is obviously the most injured.

Fang Chou also has a scroll case and belt pouch if Xun-Wen is interested enough to collect them.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:52 am

"That were not the town guards? I thought since they fought with the magistrate of the town they were the guards. We should hurry then," Xun-Wen says as he grabs the keyes from Mei-Li since she was searching Fang Chou. "Maybe you should search him more closely," he adds before heading back inside the office to free Tong Fei from his cell.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:08 am

"I do not believe so," the guard says, "They look like ruffians." He's right, the guards probably would not be wielding clubs and looking like toughs. The guards that Xun-Wen and Mei-Li encountered earlier appeared much more docile and only attempted to enforce the law, not beat someone to death like this run-in.