Chapter 2: A Rise to Power

Visit the Land of Silk and Spice, a mythical land akin to ancient China and surrounding places. The Tao of 1000 Fists is told by heroes of the martial arts, each attempting to master their art and survive in a hostile and dangerous world at the same time.This game uses L5R 4ERun by GM Tet'Nak
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Blind Leading the Blind

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:11 pm

Oh, yeah. I made a thread about it
The falconer nods, "I have sent the birds," he says. To which Yu comments, "They shall reach both your homes far before you do. Hopefully they heed the threat and are already leaving, or preparing to leave."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:44 am

"I'd appreciate that very much, Mei-Li," Xun-Wen replies. "And when they're safe we'll see what we can do. How do we find our way back here? Because this cult is far too dangerous. Even if we can evacuate everyone and the cult keeps growing, no place in the Empire will be safe for them."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:47 pm

Anming follows along with the conversation. The monk has no knowledge of combat tactics or politics of Xun-Wen's kwoon or the monastery. He is sure that the monk elders will listen to the words and pay heed to the warning.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:03 am

Mei-Li says, "So we can give them a fuller account of the threat we face, convince them to leave permanently and help them evacuate?" She thinks for a moment. "They may be skeptical. Sorcery features in many of the old stories, but it has been a while since it has been much seen. Some of them may doubt it has returned and think we have let our imaginations run away with us. Is there any sign of proof we can offer them of the events afoot?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 pm

Anming considers Mei-Li's words and ponders if the monks will leave the monastery. To the best of his knowledge, the monastery has always existed with monks there and he doubts they would give up the monastery for any such request.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:24 pm

"You have only your word," Yu says, "What can I give you that would convince them? I have nothing that can do so." The flabby man starts jabbering suddenly, "He knows, he knows!"

To which Yu immediately stands up, "It is time for you to go now," she says, "Our position here has been compromised."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:45 pm

"Then we shall leave you now," Xun-Wen says. "I am grateful for your counsel and will return whenever I have made certain that there will come no harm to my family. How will we find you again?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:53 pm

The others look like they are preparing to leave as well. "Likely, you shall not. Perhaps we shall find you. By bird."

"Birds, could you imagine just how important they have become," the giant man says, a goofy smile on his face.

Yu continues, "You shall take this southern pass," she says, pointing the opposite way that you came. "Stay on the trail for a day, then you should know your surroundings enough to take you to Bamboo Gorge if you so desire. We will move further into the mountains and hope Jian will meet us there."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:21 am

Anming bows to the strange hosts and waits for the others to leave the area. The foggy encampment and even stranger passage to enter the area is a story that many at the monastery may not believe, but it is forbidden for Anming to lie or fabricate such tales, so the monks may have disbelief in the events, but, hopefully, they will heed his warning.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:11 pm

"I understand," Xun-Wen says, grabbing his staff and ready to go. "I do have another question. Do you know what happened to the family that is supporting the Bamboo Gorge Abbey? I am talking about the Tongs who helped us in the beginning and the son we met and later freed from the magistrate Fang Chou."