Chapter 3: The Gaze of the Dragon

Visit the Land of Silk and Spice, a mythical land akin to ancient China and surrounding places. The Tao of 1000 Fists is told by heroes of the martial arts, each attempting to master their art and survive in a hostile and dangerous world at the same time.This game uses L5R 4ERun by GM Tet'Nak
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: A Morning With Master Po

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:41 am

Xun-Wen stays back, watching Mei-Li and the young Tong at the stream from the distance. He knows that the Tongs were some kind of patron to the abbey and that Mei-Li has stayed at their place for some time so their connection is closer to each other than his to the family. However, it also worries him that with the Tongs gone the ones who stand against the cult lower in number while the cursed Dragon's Eye seems to grow fast, much faster than they should. The xia waits for any decision and return of either one or two so that they can continue with their task.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:24 pm

Fei nods to Mei-Li, giving her a sad smile, "In this life or the next." He says nothing else, turning and following the brook into the woods. He will eventually need to turn north toward Quon Da, but with a suitable distance from anyone following him, the local soldiers, as few as they are, won't find him. Soon, the man is lost from sight within the trees.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:03 pm

Mei-Li watches Tong Fei leave sadly, praying to the Buddha and the bodhisattvas to protect him and to restrain him from committing too much violence. When he has disappeared into the trees, she turns back to the others and says, "Well, we should collect our things and say our farewells to Master Po. We should set out soon as well."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:47 pm

Anming nods at Mei-Li's statement. The monk has nothing to collect, so he follows the others back to find Master Po.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:48 am

"Yes, we should do that," Xun-Wen adds but doesn't say much else. He is quite certain that they will not meet Tong Fei again but doesn't say so. "Where will we go to make sure that the scroll is secure?"

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:02 am

Anming responds to Xun-Wen saying, "The temple on the coast. We must head back to your village and then cross over the mountains."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:36 am

Mei-Li nods and says, "Yes, that is what the elders at the Bamboo Gorge Abbey asked us to do." She returns to the hut and bows to the hermit, saying, "Master Po, thank you for hosting us for the night and keeping us safe from those enemies who were searching us. Fei has already left. I'm afraid he is going on what may be a suicide mission, to rescue his father from prison in Quon Da. Anming, Xun-Wen and I most be on our way soon as well, for we have our own mission to carry out. May the Buddha smile on you and protect you."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:34 am

Master Po watches Mei-Li as she talks. "I am aware. Fei must do what he must. In his situation, perhaps I would do the same." The old man nods ever so slightly, "I am only an old man," he says, although no one believes that for a second, "But I say, be weary, many will wish to know your secrets. The Dragon has more than one eye."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:50 pm

Xun-Wen suddenly smiles. He has never heard of a tale about a dragon having more than two eyes and Mei-Li is currently in the possession of one Dragon's Eye cult. "Then we should make our way there," the young man says. "Yes, Master Po. Thank you for your help. If we ever get the chance, I would be more than happy to learn more from you."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:57 pm

Anming nods at Xun-Wen's words and adds, "I would also love to learn from you regarding your gardening and cooking skills. Your talents and knowledge would be welcomed at our abbey."

The monk then politely bows as the companions prepare to move ahead and leave Master Bo's estate.