Chapter 3: The Gaze of the Dragon

Visit the Land of Silk and Spice, a mythical land akin to ancient China and surrounding places. The Tao of 1000 Fists is told by heroes of the martial arts, each attempting to master their art and survive in a hostile and dangerous world at the same time.This game uses L5R 4ERun by GM Tet'Nak
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: A Morning With Master Po

Post by Muskrat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:51 am

Mei-Li says to Anming, "I don't think any of us feel good about the decision to leave Fei on his own, but ..." she shrugs "... I think Xun-Wen is right that it wouldn't work out very well." She takes a deep breath and says, "I'll go tell him."

She walks over to the stream where Fei is washing his face, kneeling down beside him and waiting till she has his attention. She says in a sad voice, "Fei, I thought you should know ... our paths will probably be parting here. We wish you luck in rescuing your parents, but ... we may be more hindrance than help to you. Given our different philosophies, we probably wouldn't work together well ... you remember our argument over how to deal with the assassin. And the governor of Quon Da has it out for me, for reasons I'd rather not go into. But having me along would probably draw unwanted attention to you--not to mention more assassins. If there's anything we can do to help you, before we part ways, please let us know."

She pauses then says, "Here, take this waterskin--it has the healing water in it. We have two others and you will certainly need it."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:42 am

"That is good," Xun-Wen replies and watches Mei-Li go and talk to Fei. He turns to Anming. "It is like she says. I do not want to let him go and I believe all his actions may be in vain. Her father has some strange powers and we do not know their extent. Regardless of it there's going to be little chance of success if there even exists that chance. We still have to make sure that the scroll is safe. It may be the last artifact that has not fallen into the hands of the Dragon's Eye," he says, trying to explain his decision.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:57 pm

Anming nods at Xun-Wen's statements and smiles. There's not much the monk knows about the world outside of his abbey, so he feels quite a bit out of his element. Although, he tries to remain optimistic about their chances, the weight of their decision seems to weight heavy on him. "I pray that he finds peace."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:07 pm

Shaking his hands to be rid of the water, Fei looks up at Mei-Li and stands from his crouched position. "I think that is best," he agrees, "Although your help would have been appreciated. I know that I am likely to end up a dead man after all of this." He shrugs, "We all die. I will choose how I will live." Fei looks at the water, taking the skin for a moment. "I do not think I should take this, what if our enemy captures it? They will want to know where it came from, and yes, I do not know specifically, but they would likely do anything to find out."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:30 pm

Mei-Li pauses a moment in thought when Fei refuses her offer, than says, "That is very noble of you, Fei. And it reminds me--the governor of Quon Da seems to have mastered certain mystical powers. He may have ways of spying on you other than with humans. Be careful. But, even knowing that, I would offer the healing water to you one last time. Your caution is well advised, but your death would be a great loss as well." As she says this, Mei-Li wonders if her father has found mystical ways of spying on her--is that how the assassins are finding them?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:41 pm

"Your former betrothed is some sort of sorcerer?" Fei seems shocked, but not outright bewildered. He has seen what the water has done, and the strange powers Po seems to have, and has been taught there are greater mysteries than what a man can see or touch. Mei-Li and Tong Fei lives together under his father's roof for several months, and is well aware of her story of how she came to their home.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 am

"Ah," says Mei-Li, "my former betrothed is no longer the governor of Quon Da. The Emperor is in bed with the Red Dragon and allowed them to depose Gao-Ju. Actually, the new governor of Quon Da is my father, who seems to think that if his assassins can capture me, he can somehow convince me to join him." She pauses and then continues, "I'd really rather not say anything more about it. I'm still having trouble adjusting to the whole thing."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:07 am

Fei perks up at that. His eyes go wide and his face puffed up in surprise. "Keep the water," he says, "I am sorry about your father." He pulls his dirty shirt back over his head. "Thank Master Po for me, will you?" He makes it clear he prepares to leave immediately.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:02 pm

Anming bows to the man saying, "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. The truth of the Red Dragon will soon become apparent and you will have contributed greatly to that deed. May you find peace on your path."

The monk doesn't say good bye to the young man, rather he believes that they will meet again if not in this life, then in another one. He bows slightly offering respect to the man, even though he does not agree with the man, he continues to bless and wish the best outcome for Fei and his family.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:16 pm

Mei-Li stands up and says, "Take care of yourself and be careful, Fei. I hope we meet again in this life time."