Chapter 4: A Long Way from Home

Visit the Land of Silk and Spice, a mythical land akin to ancient China and surrounding places. The Tao of 1000 Fists is told by heroes of the martial arts, each attempting to master their art and survive in a hostile and dangerous world at the same time.This game uses L5R 4ERun by GM Tet'Nak
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Hǎishàng Fūrén

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:42 am

Well, it seemed to me like Mei-Li was doing the talking (which is something she does mostly and I'm fine with that).
"Thank you," Xun-Wen adds with a small bow as the man leaves. He has followed the conversation but said nothing. When he's disappeared he speaks again. "It seems to be going quite well. If that fisherman can bring us closer then we'll be almost done." The young man looks for a table that is as far away from the other patrons as possible. "Have you considered what we may do afterwards? It may be foolish to think too far into the future but I wonder what else we can do. So far we've been running and of course I don't intend an attack on the cult but what else -can- we do. I mean, the residents of the Vale were going to stay and defend it just like the monks and nuns."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:56 pm

Mei-Li follows Xun-Wen to the table. "That's a good question," she says. "I hadn't thought that far ahead. I suppose we could go back and try to help the others, either at the Vale or the monastery. It would probably be easier at the Vale, because we know where they are, whereas the monastics have disappeared into the mountains." She pauses as she takes a seat at the table, then says glumly, "But given my father's interest in me, my presence might do more harm than good, attracting more unwelcome attention to whoever we're trying to help than they might get otherwise." She drums the table with her fingers, then says, "Maybe the best thing is just to keep moving, though I'd really like to do more than that." She looks to Anming to see his thoughts.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Anming takes a seat and looks back at Mei-Li. Finally, the monk speaks, "I do not know what events will follow once we reach our destination. If we are able to leave the scroll, then our paths may separate once the goal has been completed. I will speak to the monks at the temple and see if they have received any news of the villages or monasteries once we arrive, then we may make informed plans."
sorry for slow posting, been tied up in RL stuff for a bit

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:28 am

Mei-Li says, "I suppose that makes sense--one thing at a time. Though I'm not sure how they would have heard something we haven't, unless the Vale or Abbey sent another messenger there who has arrived ahead of us." Mei-Li sounds distinctly unenthusiastic about taking things one step at a time--she likes to feel in control and not knowing what they will do next makes her feel like she's lost that control.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:39 pm

"That sounds about right," Xun-Wen shrugs. "But I also think that there won't be any messages aside from our homes if everything is alright. But there is one that could be spread fast and it's one I hope never to hear. I suspect the cult would want the word of crushed resistance heard everywhere to discourage others. Although that's an assumption because I know little of these things."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:54 pm

Mei-Li nods at Xun-Wen's words. "You're right--they'd probably want to spread word of their terror. One cannot rule by fear if others do not know enough to fear you." A dark look passes over face, as she thinks sadly that her once kindly father has chosen to rule this way.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:59 pm

While the xia talk, their meals are being served. Crayfish, sea bass, and noodles with a spicy red sauce. In addition, they are given a weak ale and water as the innkeeper does not seem to care if they want alcohol or not.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:39 pm

Anming nods to the others saying, "Sometimes news travels faster than feet." The monk then looks to the others and then to the food.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:08 am

"Hmm," says Mei-Li, looking at the food. Awkwardly, she says, "I don't know if we really should have ordered the fish. I'm still trying to stay vegetarian and I imagine Anming is too. I got flustered and was trying to be polite." She seems embarrassed at having been flustered--she doesn't like admitting she was not in complete control of a situation. "Do you eat fish, Xun-Wen?" she asks. She begins eating the noodles and drinking the water, avoiding the ale as well as the meat.

Shurijo
Admin
Admin

Post by Shurijo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:42 am

Anming smiles at Mei-Li's awkwardness and then looks off around the room. The monk is more interested in seeing the other visitors and commoners than interested in the food. He waits for the others and then he takes a sip of the water and then returns his gazes to the room. It appears the group will need to wait until the man can locate his friend, so the monk begins to take in all of the sights and sounds and smells of the room.