Prelude: That Damn Bank

The year, 1880, the place, the Wild West. Steel will be drawn, will you survive when it does? Will you make your fortune or squander everything for a drink, some cards, and a girl.Run by DM Tet'Nak using GURPS 4E.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: That Damn Bank

Post by TetNak » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:49 pm

Loretta nods, "Just as long as you don't try to do something stupid and go alone." She waves her finger at Holt, "If you do that I will never forgive you, even if you live."

She sighs and sits down next to Holt, looking over the bounties herself.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:55 pm

Holt smiles at his wife, "That's why I love you." He sits down with her and goes over the bounties. "Its about 30 miles away, going to take a few days. Have to go to hire hire on some guys with the promise of money, then ride out to the ranch. I never heard nothing about Henry Tucker, maybe the old man can make this easier for me."

His plan for the rest of the night is to eat some good food, clean and check his weapons, and lay with his wife once last time before getting up bright and early and heading back to town to find someone to take on the bounties with him.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:46 pm

Morning comes, and after breakfast and goodbyes to his wife and child, Holt rides out for town. It is thundering and threatening to rain, but it holds, at least for the moment. Loretta will tend to the cattle, hopefully none of them will die on her while he's gone.

Holt arrives in down a couple hours later, he notes that each time he comes, it seems busier than the last. The hotels and brothels are already full of people. Holt must be careful, he knows, as he might run into friends of Tucker, asking around about who might want to arrest his family could be risky.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Holt rides up to the sheriff's office and dismounts. Hitching his horse to the post he heads inside the building looking for some law man. On his belt he wears his pistol, and in his hand his is rifle. Out on his horse is the shotgun. The man has come ready, packed and loaded with ammo and supplies. "Sheriff around?" He asks of anyone he sees. His hope is to find a lead on men willing to tackle the bounties through the law-dogs here.
Taking all my guns and combat gear.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:47 pm

Note. Sherrifs run the counties, marshals the town
The marshal appears from inside his office, a cigar hanging from his lips, and a cup of coffee in his hand. "McCoy," he says, "What are you doing in town, again? We hanged that rustler just yesterday. Sorry you missed it." Barlow shrugs as he puffs his smoke, assuming that's the reason Holt has come back to town.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:21 pm

You know I wrote Marshal and then went back an edited to Sheriff :)
The Rancher pauses just a few feet into the building. "I'm going after the Tucker bounties, but I need a few extra guns. I was hoping Marshal you might know a man or two to help. Looking for some good men, with no ties to the Tuckers." He sucks his teeth and nods once about the hanging of the rustler that came to his ranch.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:53 pm

The marshal considers, "Not sure," he says, "Probably not around here," Barlow admits. "I heard there might be some men looking for that kind of work up in Dumas." He shrugs, "You could ride up there and find out."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:24 pm

Hwo far is that, and is it PCs he's talking about?
"Dumas? That's a ride. You sure marshal? What about any of your men." He looks at the duties and such. Holt McKoy isn't too keen on leaving his wife and kid alone for too long, not for a side trip like this.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:32 pm

50 miles
"I don't have any to spare, sorry Holt." The marshal shrugs, "Like I said, these bounties are county bounties, technically out of my jurisdiction."
You would meet Haya there

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:12 pm

Holt nods, "You wouldn't mind sending some one to my ranch maybe to check on my wife and son while I'm gone would you Marshal? Might be outside of town, but it'd be worth a good meal and cup of coffee if someone took a look in on them while I'm up in Dumas." He has made his mind up to head up that way to find someone to help with this bounty and just wants to make sure his family is safe.
Alright, my plan is then to look up the Reverend to have him check in on Loretta and then ride out of town to Dumas to get hayabusa