Prelude: That Damn Bank

The year, 1880, the place, the Wild West. Steel will be drawn, will you survive when it does? Will you make your fortune or squander everything for a drink, some cards, and a girl.Run by DM Tet'Nak using GURPS 4E.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: That Damn Bank

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:20 pm

"As much as I can," the marshal says. "I would have someone less occupied maybe stay up there. What about the reverend or one of her friends?" Barlow yawns, leaning back in his chair.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:35 pm

"The Reverend is a good idea, but the man will eat me out of house and home before I return." He cracks a smile, "Well, thanks marshal, you don't know where I might find him do you?" He waits for a reply and either way he's done here. He'll head out to try and find the reverend with or without directions from the marshal.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:56 pm

"He's around," the marshal says, "Probably at the church."

There is a small church just outside of town.
If you want we can fast forward through your prep of leaving and get you to Dumas

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:27 am

I'm okay with a few sort scenes befor reaching dumas
Holt tips his hat to the Marshal and heads down to the local church. The building isn't large, but its a house of god and so as he enters he removes his hat, but leaves his pistol on his belt. The rancher looks aroud a bit nervous as if setting foot in here might actually cause him harm. He seeks out the Reverend.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:34 pm

The church is empty expect for the reverend. He has one arm in a sling, but is cleaning up with a rag, basically dusting the place at the current time.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:20 pm

"Reverend." Holt calls out as he walks into the small chapel. "How's the arm." He heads up toward the man, hat in hand, as he glances around almost nervous to be in here.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:22 pm

The reverend turns and looks over his shoulder. He waves at Holt with the rag in hand. "Not bad, sore, I guess. I will live, God willing." The reverend smiles, "So, what can I do for you, Holt?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:54 pm

Holt wrings his hat brim, "I'm heading up to Dumas, and will be away for a bit. I was hoping that you might look in on Loretta and Jim for me while I'm gone?" He is dressed to ride, and that pistol at his side suggests he's expecting some trouble, rightly so after what he's been through. "I figured maybe with a preacher about anymore trouble might stay away from my ranch."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:15 pm

"Well, I don't know if I will scare anyone off," he says, raising his slung arm somewhat. "But, of course I will check in on them." He smiles, it is a relief that there are actually honest and noble men in this day and age. It isn't a common trait.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:21 pm

Holt nods, "Thank you kindly Reverend. I need ta take a side trip to Dumas, so I'll be gone longer than I planned. Loretta will want ta know that I reckon." He glances around, "Well, thanks." He gives the holy man a wave of his hat and then heads back outside, puts his hat on, mounts his horse and turns north toward Dumas and rides off...
I'm okay if you want to take it from here.

I have it in my head thay my ranch is east of town , if that right?