Prelude: That Damn Bank

The year, 1880, the place, the Wild West. Steel will be drawn, will you survive when it does? Will you make your fortune or squander everything for a drink, some cards, and a girl.Run by DM Tet'Nak using GURPS 4E.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: That Damn Bank

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:57 pm

"What's it going to save me, a hangin'?" The man spits. "You don't hang me, I might tell ya, otherwise, forget it." He waves a hand toward the guys on the other side of the cell.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:52 pm

Holt shakes his head, "That ain't up to me. That's for the judge to deside. Course I'd be happy to see you dangling from the end of a rope." Holt glances at the Marshal. "You know where this dirtbag hangs up, any of his friends around town?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:07 pm

The marshal shrugs, "Mainly out your way. Their grandfather has a ranch, actually, another thirty miles out of town. Way out there. I don't think he has anything to do with it, who knows, they could be loading up his cattle with stolen stock." He sighs, "Otherwise they are drifters, hard to keep track of where they go."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Holt nods. "Perhaps I'll pay that ranch a visit if I get the time." The rancher watches the wounded man a few minutes, just staring him down before he turns back to the marshal. "You mentioned something about bountys?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:36 pm

"Yeah, I got a few, worth a pretty decent price," the marshal says. He looks sidelong at Holt, "You thinking about trying to collect? Be careful, is what I'd say. Plus, why would you need to, with your ranch and all." He nods over to the deputy, "He told me you saved your cattle besides .."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:42 am

"I did, but they have the fevor, some of them do." He sighs, "Just tell me what you have, and let me decide if its worth my time, alright Marshall?" The man stands tall with folding his arms across his chest.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:47 am

"Alright," the marshal says, grabbing three pieces of paper off his desk and handing them over. "They are county bounties, so you'd be paid through them. Which is good, as it is decent money. 500 alive for the ring leader, I think."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:12 pm

Holt takes the papers and gives them a look over. The man is quiet about it as he reads the papers and looks at any pictures of the men that might be on it. "Any leads on them?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:04 pm

"These are bounties deal with the rustlers. I have about two dozen more."

The marshal laughs, "If you take care of those we can talk about the others." He pauses, "I'd look at that ranch, if I were you."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Holt nods, and reads over the bounties learning what he need to. "Thank you kindly marshal. I'll be back if I find any of these horse theives." The rancher tips his hat and heads out of the office. He stands for a minute on the porch of the shierff's office and considers his next move. Better check on Loretta. He heads off to check on his wife and son.