Prelude: A Bounty with Pleasure

The year, 1880, the place, the Wild West. Steel will be drawn, will you survive when it does? Will you make your fortune or squander everything for a drink, some cards, and a girl.Run by DM Tet'Nak using GURPS 4E.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: A Bounty with Pleasure

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:14 am

The ride takes a good part of an hour. The trail leading out of town eventually winds through the desert and up into the hills as Fred White had told him. The deputies lead the way, eventually coming to a small opening between the thickets of brush and trees. There two more men wait, presumably Sheriff Behan's men.

Eddy says, "Alright," and points ahead on the trail. "About a mile up the trail keeps climbing. Flop house is on a plateau above. We can rid up on em', or we can try to go around, but we'll need to hitch the horses below and climb."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:26 am

"I've got no problem climbing. I reckon it'd be the best way to get a jump on them."
Freeze ray.... stops time.... tell your friends.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:28 am

"Alright." Everyone seems content on going the back way, no one really wants to run straight up to the flophouse. Eddy leads everyone off the trail and through a sparsely wooded location. The group is now on the lower side of a canyon that cuts behind the landing above. The climb looks at least fifty feet high.

Eddy proceeds to dismount and tie the reigns to a tree branch. He looks up and sighs.

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:34 am

Martin after stopping at the canyon bottom. Martin dismounts and ties Blanche to the tree next to Eddy's horse. Phew thats a ways up. "Anyone got experience rock climbing?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:40 am

Everyone just looks at Martin. Eddy answers for them all, "Nope. I pray we don't fall to our deaths." He takes a deep breath and steps forward, "Sure this is the way you want to go, mister?"

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:45 am

"Not after seeing this. You'd have to be daft to try this route."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:47 am

Eddy considers, "Can you climb?" he asks. "If one of us can get up this way, at least we'd have someone behind them." The deputy backs away from the hillside. "Ain't me though, I'm afraid."
You are the only one with the Climbing Skill. You can brave it, or go up the normal way

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:01 am

"Yea I can climb. I could definitely give it a try." Martin gives a little sigh. Walking up to the canyon wall, Martin says a little prayer. Gets a good starting point and starts his accent.
Martin climbs the canyon wall.
Lets hope this goes well or its curtains for me. lol.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:13 am

Eddy nods, "We'll wait here until you get to the top."

The hillside is steep, buy Martin prays and starts climbing. He finds there are plenty of hand holds and places for his feet. He doesn't have any problems pulling himself up to the top.

From below the others give the thumbs up and begin riding for the trail again.
Climbing: 7 vs. 13, Success!
Now covered in sweat and dirt, Martin looks at the flophouse, which was once a rancher's house from what he can tell. He doesn't see any activity. There are a few barrels and small trees nearby he can use for cover at the moment.

From there, he would have to cross about twenty feet of unprotected ground before getting to the house itself. There are two windows facing him, they both look broken already. There is one door on this side as well. He can't see any other parts of the house to know what it contains.

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:21 am

Martin ducks down and takes cover behind the trees. Unholsters Deadeye and keeps an eye peeled for any signs of danger.
Martin is going to stay in cover as much as possible and sneak to the door. But slowly as to buy time for the reinforcements.