Prelude: A Bounty with Pleasure

The year, 1880, the place, the Wild West. Steel will be drawn, will you survive when it does? Will you make your fortune or squander everything for a drink, some cards, and a girl.Run by DM Tet'Nak using GURPS 4E.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: A Bounty with Pleasure

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:38 pm

Martin 5.5, Lawmen 5.25, Bandits 4.75
You can move as many hex as your Basic Move. In your case, 5.
Martin moves from cover and heads toward the house. He spots movement through the windows and instantly realizes this was probably a bad idea.
Move closer to door
The lawmen are also moving closer to the house in the front ...
All move 5
Right before Martin, both windows on this side of the house are broken out at nearly the same time. He spots men in there, with guns, some pointing out toward his location ...
???
Martin, in the open ...
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:38 am

Martin see the guns and instinctively does what he knows best. Martin fires one round at one of the men pointing a gun at him as he moves closer to the door.
Martin fires one round at one of the men pointing a rifle at him. Using a move and attack maneuver for this round.
Freeze ray.... stops time.... tell your friends.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:02 am

Martin takes a pot shot toward the window. The shot hits the wall just below, which would have shot the man in the stomach if he where right there. Martin isn't sure if it hits or not, but it only sounds like it smacks against the house and doesn't cut through. Afterward he runs and gets directly in front of the door.
Shoot (RoF 3/RCL 2)
Shoot: 11 vs. 14 + 3 ACC (Gunslinger) = 17, Success (By 6). Max 3 bullets hit. (1 shot)
Hit Location: 10 (Torso)
Dmg: 4 - 5 (DR of Wall) = 0

Move to door

.38 Revolver (5/6)
A couple things.

#1 I see you added Deadeye from Gun Fu. That's not really approved, plus, you haven't bought it anywhere. Plus, you never purchased it anywhere on your sheet.

#2 Technically Gunslinger is a cinematic advantage and this is not a cinematic game. I'm consider not allowing this, but for this combat I will. I'll let you know.

#3 Try to be as specific as possible as to where you move, etc. How many bullets you shoot (you said 1 in your text, so I shot one time, even though you have a RoF of 3 per round).

#4 Your gun has 5 bullets remaining, with your RoF and your gun, it would be easy to go through them all. Reloading is a slow process. Keep this in mind
I'm going to update the rest later (probably at work tomorrow)

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:52 am

#1 No I didn't. Deadeye is just what I happen to call my gun.

#2 Yea Gunslinger is there, as it has been from the beginning.

#3 Thought I was doing alright. And yes I did mean only one shot. But I'll try to do better.

#4 Yep, and I reload 3 shots in a round correct?

And we'll see what happens in the update

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:46 am

Martin isn't really privy to what's happening on the other side of the house.
Lawmen move.
Martin ducks as one of the outlaws leans out the window and takes a half has shot at him. The rifle misses as the bullet whizzes by his head. The second guy that peeks out, however, shoots Martin directly in his right arm.

The bounty hunter drops his weapon that he was holding in that hand, the revolver dropping to the ground at his feet. Pain washes over him, but in the back of his mind he is happy he can still wield the gun with his left hand.
B2 - Shoot Martin: 11 vs. 12 - 2 (Odd Angle) - 2 (Hungover) = 8, Fail.
Exposes Torso
B3 - Shoot Martin: 5 vs. 12 - 2 (Odd Angle) - 2 = 8, Success
Shoots 1 bullet
Dodge: 11, Fail

Hit Location: 8 (Right Arm) - Large Piercing Removed (I have been messing this up in other games. Limbs do not take pi+ 1.5 damage adjustment)
Dmg: 7 - 1 (Clothing) = 6
Shock -4
Crippled Limb/Major Wound
STUN/KNOCKDOWN: 9 vs. HT (10), Success
.38 Revolver dropped! (Rolled to see which hand you held it with since you are ambidextrous

Effects of Crippled Arm
- Cannot carry anything in right arm/hand
- Active Defenses at -1
- One Arm Disadvantage

On the other side of the house gun fire rings out, but Martin cannot see what's happening.

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:21 am

Can you do something like the move and attack but sub the attack for something else?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:51 pm

That's the Ready maneuver. You can really only Ready (Pick Up Gun) and Step (Which is a Movement of 1 yard)

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:33 am

Dunno if I can do this, if not I'll edit and try something else. I apologize for the slow posts just started a new job this week.

Martin feels the shot rip through his right arm as he drops Deadeye. Feeling the blood starting to pump through the bullet holes in his arm Martin picks up Deadeye with his good arm and tries to get in through the door and out of range of the idiots upstairs.
Martin picks up Deadeye, and will attempt to open the door/get into the house.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:18 pm

You need another Ready action to open the door, however, I'm going to say you only need a step. So basically, you can pick your gun up, and open the door, but cannot move
Martin's right arm is completely fucked. The bounty hunter is luckily equally skilled with his left hand and bends over, scooping the six shooter off the ground with his left hand. Martin fumbles with the door, jerking it open with his fingers still holding the gun.

The house is relatively wide open, single story, building. From this vantage he can't see the guys leaning out the window on his side of the house, but he spots two guys on the other side leaning out in the opposite direction.

Then, he spots a man standing behind that door, its that good-for-nothing Bastard Kyle. He's pointing his revolver at the opposite door, ready to blast anyone coming inside.
Ready: Pick Up Revolver
Step: Open Door

Basically, you can shoot Kyle, or the other two bandits on the other side of the room from here. Staying here will get you shot at, though ...
Last edited by TetNak on Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:31 pm

The front door is thrown open and Eddy stands in the doorway facing Kyle at point-blank range. Kyle's gun goes off, shooting Eddy in the leg. Eddy yells out and falls to the ground immediately ...
Lawmen 1 (Eddy)
Step: Opens Door

Interrupted:
Kyle (Targeted Hex)
Shoot Eddy: 10 vs. 12 - 2 = 10, Success
Dodge: 12, Fail
Hit Location: 13, Left Leg
Dmg: 10
Reduced to 6
Shock: -4
Leg Crippled
Knockdown/Stun: 9 vs. 10, Success
The second guy, Sam, runs around the side of the house ..
Move
One of Behan's men near the trees shoots at one of the bastards hanging out the window but misses, his bullet smacking the side of the house from his rifle.
Shoot: 16, Fail
The second of Behan's deputies begins circling the house on the south side ...
Move