Prelude: A Bounty with Pleasure

The year, 1880, the place, the Wild West. Steel will be drawn, will you survive when it does? Will you make your fortune or squander everything for a drink, some cards, and a girl.Run by DM Tet'Nak using GURPS 4E.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Prelude: A Bounty with Pleasure

Post by TetNak » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:41 pm

Martin comes under fire again, but this time both the pricks miss, their bullets dug into the ground at the bounty hunter's feet. He'll take lady luck on that one ...

Meanwhile, in the front of the house, bullets fly, but the only one Martin notices is Eddy being shot again in the side as he lays on the ground bleeding, now from his side as well as his leg ...
B2: Shoot Martin:
Shoot: 9 vs. 12 - 2 - 2 = 8, Fail

B3: Shoot Martin:
Shoot: 11 vs 8, Fail

B4: Shoot L3
Shoot: 9 vs. 12 - 2 = 10, Success
Dodge: 8, Success

B5: Shoot L1 (Eddy)
Shoot: 7 vs. 12 - 10, Success
Dodge: 12, Fail
Hit Location: Torso
Dmg: 3 - 1 (DR) = 2
Martin ...
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 10:38 pm

Alright another silly noob question... can you target multiple enemies in one combat round? Example... Other than Kyle there's 2 other bandits right? So my weapon has a ROF of 3 so fire 3 shots one into each guy? Also is there a way where I can take an equivalent of a 5 foot step in D&D so I can still fire without penalty. And what's there for cover in this room?
Freeze ray.... stops time.... tell your friends.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:05 am

No, you can't, not without extra attack. You have to fire all 3 bullets at one target. You can use the Step, which moves 1 hex.

Did you see the map? There's Kyle and 4 other bandits. 2 on the other side of the building which you can see through the door and can shoot.

The two shooting you are on the other side of the wall that this door is connected to. Moving forward 1 will put you directly in between them. Staying where you are still allows them to shoot out the windows at you

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:26 am

Sorry for waiting to decide my next move. I know if I step that puts me into the house. Is there anyone else in that room with Kyle?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:05 pm

Have you seen the map? Yes. The house is basically one open room on this floor. Everyone will technically be in the same room as you. There will be two bandits just a few hexes away (those that are currently shooting at you)

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:04 am

Sorry for some reason I was thinking they were on the second floor if there even was one. My apologies.
Martin ponders what course he should take. Hmmm. Wonder if they respect them him. Well if I do nothing I'll get shot, if I get in there and try to use him as a hostage it could work to my advantage. Well here goes nothing.
Martin will walk up to Kyle and put the barrel of his gun against the wanted man. Then shouting to the bandits that he's the only one I'm here for.

Here goes nothing! *says a little prayer for Martin*

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:29 am

Martin calls out as he walks forward into the middle of the room. If the bandits wanted, they could shoot him down like a dog.

The bandits in turn spin and point their guns at Martin and look like they may shoot, but they don't. One of their men have already been killed, and they could get the same fate.

"Him? Not us? Tell your law-dogs to stand down!"
Move: Fast-Talk (Default: IQ-5): 6 vs. 11 - 5 = 6, Success! (What a roll!)
vs. Will: 14 vs. 8, Fail (by 6)

+2 to Reaction

Reaction Roll: 13 + 2 = 15
Pausing combat

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:35 am

Alright, I'm surprised that worked. Now lets just see if we can leave here quietly. Hmmm those must be the two the others were sent to get.
Holy crap that worked!!!
Martin shouts, "Boys, Eddy has been injured we need to get him out of here fast if we want to try to get him safe."

Martin then turns to Kyle. "All I'm looking for is a little information."

Martin still bleeding from the shot to the arm he received just a second ago... keeps a steady bead on Kyle for if he tries anything funny it'll be time to repay him with an injury like I have.
Last edited by Parrow89 on Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:55 am

The deputies outside aren't going to come streaming out of cover, they aren't as crazy as Martin.

Kyle turns from Eddy and levels his gun toward Martin. "Information, eh? Do I know you?" He smiles, showing off his rotten teeth.

Kyle could shoot and Martin could shoot. This might get everyone shooting which would be a very bad thing in Martin's current situation.

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:22 am

"Not personally," Martin replies. "Just looking for a few of your old buddies you used to run with about 20 years ago. Would've been near Holbrook."