Prelude: Mountains, Fur, and Problems

The year, 1880, the place, the Wild West. Steel will be drawn, will you survive when it does? Will you make your fortune or squander everything for a drink, some cards, and a girl.Run by DM Tet'Nak using GURPS 4E.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Dumas, TX

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Holt balks a bit, "I'm not sure I'm ready to burn woman alive, whores or not." He picks at his teeth at the group sits there looking across the way to the house. "These Dalton's don't know me or Cole, we could head in side, scout their numbers, and go from there." He looks at the Deputy, "But you are the law Deputy, what's the law say to burning down whore houses with the whores still inside?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:53 pm

"These ain't the whores you are probably used to," the deputy says. "They are really just here for the Daltons and other scum." He shakes his head, "I don't reckon any are going to get burnt, they'll all run out, then we can shoot the Daltons and leave the whores alone." He looks at Holt then Cole, "I don't recommend just trying to go inside. Its really not 'open-for-business' if you get my meaning."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:53 pm

"Oh, I do," Cole says, looking over to Holt. He shares Holt's view on killing innocents but these whore are no innocent bystanders if they pick up weapons to defend the scum who blows their money on them. "Then just shoot men who leave the house," he suggests.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:58 pm

"Right," the deputy says. "Now who is going to light the house on fire." He looks at Holt and Cole. "I will make sure you guys get extra, if one of you do it." He doesn't really indicate why he won't do it himself.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Holt nods, "I don't shoot woman, if I can help it. So let's not go shooting the whores needlessly." He doesn't want to be the one to burn down the house, and he's already expressed his desire not to. "Cole can do it, looks like he needs the money for some new clothes. Boy, where did you get that vest the circus?" Holt cracks a smile out of nowhere choosing *NOW* to try and be funny and talkative. Leveling his rifle on the door of the building he sights down the barrel.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:03 pm

"Nah, I took it form an indian after he tried to kill me with his axe and I only had a knife," Cole replies, somehow missing that Holt's funny right now. "Yeah, I need the money, but I wonder why the hell you're here if you don't. For fun? And how am I supposed to make a fire?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:09 pm

There are tumble weeds and other such things everywhere. The deputy points to a bush that has collected several. "Take those, and use a match." He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a packet of matches, handing them over to Cole.

There are several trees along the way to the house, each about twenty feet apart. Cole will have to make his way from tree to tree before come up to the house which is about one hundred feet away.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:52 pm

"Great," Cole simply replies. It seems like he drew the shortest straw. He breaks a few branches from the tumble weed, takes the matches, although he has his own but doesn't tell the deputy about it and heads for the closest tree. On the way, he expects to be seen any second, so he puts the matches in a pocket , holds the weed branches in one hand and his rifle in the other. The hunter hopes he doesn't get shot on the way.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Holt needs the money yes, but he needs to return home to his wife and son even more. He has no deathwish, not that he mentions that yet to this group. "I'll cover you, if the shooting starts get down." He then hands his reigns over to the deputy and stalks up to the nearest tree and takes a knee. Lifting his rifle he watches the door and windows for signs of the Daltons or other trouble. Motioning for the other men to fan out and get of the horses, which could spook, he cover's Cole's advanace shooting first, asking questions later.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:12 pm

Cole starts forward. He isn't exactly good about keeping himself hid to the first set of trees. To the second he's even worse, stumbling and making a ton of noise on his way there. There's an obvious commotion from inside, Cole's made too much racket and alerted them.
Stealth: Default 7.
12 vs. 7, Fail

Potential on Alert:

Stealth 17 vs. 7, Fail (By 10)
Perception: 12 vs. 10, Fail (By 2)
Cole is halfway between the trail and the house. 50 feet from both