Prelude: Mountains, Fur, and Problems

The year, 1880, the place, the Wild West. Steel will be drawn, will you survive when it does? Will you make your fortune or squander everything for a drink, some cards, and a girl.Run by DM Tet'Nak using GURPS 4E.
TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Re: Dumas, TX

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:14 pm

Holt kicks open the door with one vicious thrust of his boot. The door falls back onto the nearby stairway that heads up into the house. There is a great amount of yelling as bodies move all around the area, all scantily clad women, each appearing to take cover.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:31 pm

"Too bad that there'll be a shooting inside," Cole says after he took a quick look inside. "I can come up with a dozen other things I'd rather do in there."

Putting his rifle to the shoulder he goes inside again, trying to figure out if these women are taking cover to hide or to ambush them.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:30 pm

Holt sweeps his rifle muzzle from side to side. "Its a den of sin."

He shouts at one of the women, "Where are they? Where are they, tell me now!" He listens for sounds from the rear of the building and watches the stairs and the doors, "Damn too many doors. Cole, keep your eyes on this floor. I'll watch the stairs." He waits for a reply from a nearby Whore.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:27 pm

The whore Holt corners looks up at him, fear in her eyes. She waves toward the back, "Out the back. They all went that way!"

Then, there are the sound of more gunshots in that direction ...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:48 pm

Holt nods to the woman and looks at Cole "We best hurry or all the shootin will be over with before we get there." He darts for the kitchen in the back of the building and races to a window gaze out at any fighting going on. If he finds some, he smashes the window, puts his rifle out the hole and joins in barrel blazing.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:23 am

"I'm on my way," Cole says eyeing the whores warily as if he suspects them to draw a gun from anywhere any second. The hunter rushes after Holt, but where the older man heads for a window, Cole looks for the door the Dalton's gang could've used to exit the house.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:53 am

The pair bust out the back. Stairs run out of the kitchen next to a couple hitching posts, trough, and well. Beyond that, only a few dozen feet, the ground is heavily wooded. The gunfire seems to be concentrated in there ...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:03 pm

"Damn." Holt tries to get a bead on anything in the woods he can shoot at. If nothing presents itself he takes off toward the forest using whatever he can for cover, and making sure Cole is still with him.
This game is uber slow. Are we sure we are all still into this?

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:10 pm

"Yeah, it's damn great," Cole says, and heads down the stairs. "This won't be fun."

He keeps his rifle up after he passed the hitching posts and aims in the direction of the gunshots. He is slightly concered that he or Holt may shoot the wrong guy and kill one of the men the deputy sent to corner the gang.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:06 pm

I have some good ideas about the future of this game, but it is slow. Being GURPS, and me being busy, it has taken a back burner to the other games I'm running. I'm still happy to run it if you are interested. Wargie will be joining soon as well
From here the pair cannot see anyone in the woods. It is rather dense, or, they are too far away and totally obscured.
Cole
Perception: 13 vs. 13, Success

Holt:
Perception: 7 vs. 11, Success
Only a dozen feet into the woods both of the gunslingers notice a man hiding behind a tree, his back facing them. The guy is currently reloading.