Project Majestic: Inception

Hitler is building up an army, and the western world is getting curious as to why, but there is more going on than meets the eye. A multinational group of intelligence agents is assembled assess the situation.
JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Re: Project Majestic: Inception

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

"Splitting our forces might be a useful start. Of course," Bauer grins ruefully, "I have a vested interest in encouraging more comfortable accommodations aboard a zeppelin. Aeroplanes have never struck me as a comfortable means of travel."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 am

"If we decide to split up," Gold replies, "I should go on the aeroplane." he shrugs slightly, "I can help us set up quicker, with my familiarity with the language and customs." The SIS agent waits for agreement from the others.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:29 am

"If you want to split up, I don't care, but I appreciate preperations over there as soon as possible. Both of you seem to know about the place," Danvers says and nods at Bauer and Gold. "I presume you're going to take the aeroplane then."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:13 am

"To know about the place? You've taken a false measure of me, Mr. Danvers. Until I came to Britain I'd never gone further from home than Vienna. I know nothing about the land of the Nile an afternoon in a museum couldn't teach."

Bauer seems embarrassed not at all by this confession. Rather, the Austrian philosopher seems amused by the mistaken presumptions of his new-found compatriot.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:25 am

"Maybe it's a good idea to include a file of the people I have to work with in the next dossier," Danvers says. He's not surprised that the philospher doesn't even know he's holding a rank in the US Navy. But maybe he didn't mention on purpose. "My bad, not about the place, but you said you know archaeologists. Perhaps you can get some directions from them. Do you want to enjoy a Zeppelin flight, doctor?"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:37 am

"Mr. Danvers, you seem to have the most solid plans about what to do in Cairo," Sterling replies. "Or at least the greatest eagerness to get them started." He sets his glass down on the table. "For my part, I can get my preparations done better on a zeppelin ride. I'll almost certainly meet some fellow businessmen on the trip. And any connections I make there will be far stronger than had If I try and strike them up in Cairo."

He sits back down. "As you say, Mr. Gold is a must for working on the ground in Cairo. And I think Mr. Bauer, with his ability to pass for a German, would be ideal for traveling on the zeppelin. So why don't Mr. Bauer and I try and secure passage on a zeppelin, while you and Mr. Gold see if you can arrange a seat on an aeroplane?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:52 am

"If you think that'd be best," Danvers shrugs. He hasn't been sent because of his oratory abilites. And since they're assigned to investigate Nazi activities he knows who's ass he's going to kick. German ass. "Mr Gold and I will set up a little base of operations in Cairo. He's the one to set up the connections and I'll take care of our equipment. Is there anything special we'll need?"

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Gold is pleased with the plan so far. He nods and says, "Wire taps, and the like, might be useful. We will want to ease drop on them if we can find an agent of theirs."

Gold waits before sending out the necessary telegrams to get their base of operations setup on the ground in Cairo before they arrive. Some of the work will need to be done when they land, but, whatever head start they can get, Gold will attempt to obtain it.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 pm

"The Cairo office is the best in the mideast," Sterling observes. "You can probably get much of what you want there and avoid awkward questions from customs agents."
I just started reading a history of MI-6 from its founding through WWII. It's very interesting so far.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 pm

"I'll speak to some of my colleagues at Cambridge. They may know a few locals who could help us as far as the archaeology is concerned. Whatever I learn shall make its way quickly to Messrs. Danvers and Gold.

"As to the zeppelin, it shall be easy to gather secrets there. In their element none can beat the Germans for gregarious boasting," Herr Doktor Bauer speaks with the natural contempt of an Austrian for the nation next door.