Project Majestic: Inception

Hitler is building up an army, and the western world is getting curious as to why, but there is more going on than meets the eye. A multinational group of intelligence agents is assembled assess the situation.
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Project Majestic: Inception

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:20 pm

"Well, Mr. Gold we'll be there together, at least in the beginning, so if wire taps isn't all you need we'll be able to acquire it without any problems, since we have enough time. I was actually thinking about the other gentlemen," Danvers says, looking at Sterling and Bauer. "Something like archaelogic equipment, a list would be best, because I know shit about that kind of things?"

"I can bribe the customs agents, too," he says with a smile to Sterling.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:54 pm

Gold nods, "I hope our office in Cairo has what we need." He nods to Sterling, "We should be set once we get there." He stands up, clears his throat, and asks, "Anything else, gents? If not, I will start making inquiries. We will just need to know your ETA once you have it all sorted out."
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:35 pm

There doesn't seem to be anything else. The group breaks for the day, booking travel arrangements. They meet up to share itineraries, and discover that they'll be on the same Train to Paris after a short ride across the channel on different boats.
Trogdor wrote:I just started reading a history of MI-6 from its founding through WWII. It's very interesting so far.
Great... yet another player who knows more about the subject matter than me!

Anyway, you can continue your planning on the train if you like. if not, just let me know, and I'll spin off some threads for the Zepp and Plane groups.

JohnnyWeird
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by JohnnyWeird » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Quick discussions with members of the archaeology department at Cambridge has given Herr Doktor Bauer a short list of who's-who in Cairo and environs. A veteran of faculty politics, the professor knows how to solicit information under the guise of flattery and humility.

"A few persons we might consider contacting about digs," he explains to Gold and Danvers as they compare notes and itineraries.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Gold attempts to contact a few contacts in the Middle-East. He asks if any have heard of any new digs happening soon. He records that information regardless, and then makes arrangements for a place to stay, four rooms, in an affluent hotel if possible. He also attempts to get ground transportation while they are there.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Sinclair returns to his club, where he stays when in London, and makes sure his bags are packed for a warm weather. There was little enough he could do right now, though there were a few preparations possible. He picks up a few pieces of clothing that will serve him well in Cairo, a Baedeker's Egypt, and an Arabic phrase book. Before leaving, he stops by the offices of the SIS to see if they've been able to arrange his business contacts, as well to get the information necessary to properly contact the Cairo office.

Bitom
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Bitom » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Sinclair and Baur board their Zeppelin, while the other two catch a ride on a much lower-class flight option. the aeroplane ride is cramped, uncomfortable, bumpy and sickening, but is much quicker. The two reach Cairo a full week ahead of the other half of the group, and can now commence preparations.
Sorry I've been ignoring this lately. it's been a hell of a couple of weeks. Haya, I'm deleting your last post, since it is taking as given the things that I'd like to see you and Tet roleplay out whole the threads are split.

Trog and JW, you have a nice, shiny new thread.
Rumpled and tired, two men gratefully climb down form a plane into the heat of Cairo.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:31 pm

"That was a lot quicker and exhausting than I thought," Danvers comments, stretching his limbs as he looks for the closest shadow. He has changed to a tan outfit, that will protect him from the heat and will blend with other tourists. "Alright, how should we proceed from here?" The American asks, avoiding Gold's name because he's not sure if he wants to use his real name, which already sounds like a cover name. Who the hell is called Gold anyway.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Perhaps Danvers could use his first name, Arthur.

Gold nods, stretching out his back. "Uncomfortable indeed," he says, waving him along. "We should check into the hotel I arranged. Separate rooms for each of us. We are on different floors."

Gold looks for a taxi to get them to where they are going.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:35 pm

"I'd have expected separate rooms if they're on different floors, Arthur," Danvers says. He just follows the man, because Gold might know this place better than he does. "Do you have any plans until the others arrive? Because I know what kind of preparations I still have to do until then. Maybe you could help me with that, since my arabic is a bit rusty."
I'll just call him Arthur if that's fine. Which it seems, due to your first sentence.