Age of the Dead

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Age of the Dead

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:03 pm

This thread is a starting point for a system I am currently working on. Which, hopefully will morph into a new game. It is a mash up of two of my favorite system's mechanics which will hopefully blend into a seamless mix of awesome and epic win. Imagine if you will the realism and adaptability of the NWoD system mixed with the character customization (advantages, disadvantages, and that type stuff) of the L5R system. All mixed with the supernatural and a whole new world of awesomness and magic. Feedback will be appreciated as will help in fleshing out my ideas.
Last edited by EvilMonkey on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Age of the Dead

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:30 pm

Magic Slang

Arcanist - broad term for a mage

Razer - A mage that works primarily in the business of combat and destruction Using arcane symbols and pure focused energy to deal massive damage to anyone fool enough to fight them.

Weaver - A mage who is devoted to creating magic infused items, From a plow able to make the work go twice as fast for a poor farmer to a Legendary weapon for a hero of great renown. They delight in the act of creation often asking little more than thanks for their crafts.

Soother - A mage who is utterly devoted to healing others and making their lives as comfortable as possible. They have the power to heal wounds, cure diesease and can even infuse they're magic into potions to aid in the fight against disease and pain.

Whisperer - A mage that through his magic can command nature itself (Trees come alive and hold an attacker, crops produce a bountiful harvest, Animals come to his/her call and are willing to do anything he wishes)

Elemental - A (Very Rare) mage able to command natural elements (Fire, Air, Water, Earth)

Warped - A "catch-all" catagory for any mage that has become twisted with evil.

Grave Dancer - The darkest of the dark these fallen mages practice the blackest of arts... Necromancy.
Last edited by EvilMonkey on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Age of the Dead

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:23 am

Places of note (Part 1 of alot)

Jade City - Founded right after the first humans ventured out of their caves and holes. This is the first and largest of all the post fall settlements. It's population numbering at about 10,000 with 5,000 serving as active members of the city's militia. It has become a mecca for wanderering warriors and people wishing to learn of times before the fall.

The leader is a man known only by the name "Crow" cloaked in mystery and possessing of great power and knowledge. No one knows what he did before he founded the city. He is surrounded by a group of twelve Liutenants Who seem to have a deep connection to their leader.