Viraj: Introduction '€" In Service to the Church.

The city of Westcrown is dying. Since being stripped of its station as the capital of Cheliax, the wealth and prestige of the city has gradually slipped away, leaving the desperate people to fend for themselves in a city beset by criminals, a corrupt nobility, and a shadowy curse. Can you fight back against champions of both the law and the criminal world?

This is a Pathfinder Adventure Path run by the GM arkahm.
arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Viraj: Introduction '€" In Service to the Church.

Post by arkahm » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:42 pm

Viraj's intro. Please describe yourself in the post as we will do with the other intros as well.
The morning has been much like always. Training, prayer, and then arranging and cleaning the small temple you have chosen as home. You have been cleaning the common temple area for quite some time. Not many others are here, Irori being quite a small tenant here in Westcrown where the people worship the fiends they call gods. It is many hours before services and the various clerics are out and about doing meaningful tasks for the servicing of the soon to arrive Irori worshipers. It is only you and the Elder Master here in the temple, 'œViraj, make sure that you get under all the seating.' Elder Master Drova is a stern, but kind, man who is very unsettled by the crooked dealings within the city walls. Very outspoken, he has done what many dare not. He openly speaks of the wrongdoings of the Government of Westcrown. He welcomed you into his flock and trained you further in the ways of Irori, almost becoming like a father figure.

This, although, is not like any other day. This day, before services, a woman enters the common room to be greeted by the Elder Master. The woman is quite beautiful, by human standards. Short cropped hair, dressed in simple but shapely leathers and with an almost disheartened visage, she enters the temple with the grace of a great feline. He approaches her, inviting her to the back room used for religious meetings. A short while later, Master Drova emerges beckoning you over. 'œViraj, I would like you to meet someone if you please.'
Last edited by arkahm on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Viraj: Introduction '€" In Service to the Church.

Post by mackaber » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:12 am

As Master Drova adresses him Viraj rises from underneath the seat a broom in his hands. The stock tall dwarf wears notihng but a pair of thin linnen pants. His upper body is slim for one of his race but marred with thick muscle. His pate is shaven and his face likewise, lacks the typical facial hair of a Dwarf. He looks much like a small human but with a wider jaw and flat forehead and it appears that while there is a slight stubble on his chin he is likely not even old enough to grow a healthy beard. He bows respectfully to his superior and replies with an even voice "Yes master." then rises again quickly and follows the old man.
Big Pimpin...

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:39 am

Master Drova motions for the young Dwarf to enter the doorway. "You will no longer be needing your cleaning equipment, I believe. You may place it against the wall.

He leads Viraj into the room. The woman is seated in the comfortable chairs around the circular table normally used by the acolytes. She lifts herself gracefully from the seating to greet the new meeting addition. "This is the one you spoke to me of? He seems young." She directs towards the Master. "He is young, but quite capable. He is one of the finest students in the ways of Irori." The Master says, giving swelling your pride. "This is Viraj. His mentality of the way this city is going is of the same liking as ours and he is very determined." "It is a good thing." she says, "For his future years will be demanding."
She turns her visage to you, "Would you like to be a part of something that may change this city forever? If you would, then please accept my invitation to meet tomorrow at for a Mid-day meal. I will fill you in on our details and hopefully you will meet the rest of the selected entourage. I will not lie to you, it will be a challenging obstacle, what i wish you to do. From what Master Drova has told me though, you will be able to tackle the challenge. Meet us at the old Vizio's Tavern, you will be well fed and you can make your final decision." She awaits your answer to the invitation, coming around the table to gently place a hand on your shoulder. "Do you accept?"

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:22 pm

While many a human might find the thought of the Lady alluring Viraj entertains no such interests and in fact is slightly irritated at her touch but has the discipline of not giving any notice of it. He looks her in the eye but not to look inside her but to show her what is there a void of nothingness, a childhood and youth swept away by the devils that have brought this once fine city to it's knees.
He remains silent for a few more moments then begins to speak his deep bass like voice oddly level and at peace: "I accept, for the Master requires of his disciple not to bend as a reed but to stand strong in the current, but it takes many to alter the rivers course." his face remains stoic and unmoving then he takes a step back and bows to the Lady and his master "If you would excuse me now I still have duties to attend to!"
Big Pimpin...

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:16 pm

"Thank you, Viraj. Tomorrow at mid-day then." She turns to Master Drova. "Now that we are finished here, I have other matters to attend to as well. I have" she pauses, "shopping to do at the markets." She gives a slight nod to Master Drova and turns and heads out the door.
This is the end of Viraj's intro unless you want to RP a little with Master Drova.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Viraj moves out of the masters chamber to pick up his broom. He watches the lady depart following her figure until she disappears behind a corner. Viraj stands there for a few more moments pondering this turn of fate. As Master rova approaches from behind him Viraj turns he apprently seems somewhat lost in thought but then inquires "What can you tell me of her cause master?"
Big Pimpin...

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:45 pm

"She is rather new to me. Reportedly she has formed a new, small group of reformers for the city. She seeks to gain support from the citizens of Westcrown to help improve the way of life here. That is why I chose you, young Viraj. I see your views and deem it a just cause. I am getting too old for such ventures and feel it would be a better cause for you, my young pupil. The time has come for you to use your training for the betterment of this city. Gather your gear and join her tomorrow for mid-meal. She will explain more than I know. Carry on young one. I have duties to attend to before services." He turns and walks off, leaving you to wonder about the meeting tomorrow.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:43 am

Not any smarter than before Viraj bows in thanks to his master before he departs. Then he sets back to the task of cleaning the temple. When he has completed this duty he sets to his evening routines in the training hall. before settling down for the evening and packing everything he might need tomorow. He feels a bit anxious as he lies down on his cot but his exercises have worn him out and sleep comes quicker than he had anticipated.
Big Pimpin...