Emere: Introduction - In a city of Devils.

The city of Westcrown is dying. Since being stripped of its station as the capital of Cheliax, the wealth and prestige of the city has gradually slipped away, leaving the desperate people to fend for themselves in a city beset by criminals, a corrupt nobility, and a shadowy curse. Can you fight back against champions of both the law and the criminal world?

This is a Pathfinder Adventure Path run by the GM arkahm.
arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Emere: Introduction - In a city of Devils.

Post by arkahm » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Emere's intro. Please describe yourself for the other players as well.
Life on the streets has been hard. You have made your way as best you can, hiring on as a guardsman for various merchants traveling through Westcrown but your roads have always brought you back to this city of devils. You're not sure why. The attitude of this so called government towards the people is appalling. Treating the poor like wretches and allowing the Nobles to get fat under the protection of the government. In your mind there must be a change, but how? You have heard on the streets of a new possible uprising for the common people but no true evidence has presented itself.

It is almost time for the noontime meal. Your stomach is beginning to feel the pains of hunger. After your last job, you have managed to gather enough coins to indulge a bit in the Slaughtered Lamb, a local tavern of a bartender you know. As you enter the door Lem calls out to you from behind the bar, 'œPraise be, If it ain't our long lost friend, Emere. Been out and about, I reckon? Cummon over, the first ones on me!' The tavern is crowded this night and Lem calls over a tavern boy, saying something to him. The boy rushes out the door and down the street. 'œWell, what ya waiting fer. Get yer backside on a barstool!'
Last edited by arkahm on Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Emere: Introduction - In a city of Devils.

Post by Parrow89 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:48 pm

Emere weary from his last job. Takes up the invitation of Lem and parks himself on the closest available barstool. "Hey Lem, long time no see. I've been busy. I see the lamb is doing well these days." Emere then orders himself food and drink, not anything extravagant but enough to keep a little change left in his pocket. Emere stands at about five foot seven inches. Has a decent build at about 150 pounds. Brown hair, brown eyed, and tanner than most elves because of his long exposure to the sun from his last job. Otherwise clearly elf in all other manners, especially his accuracy with his bow. "So Lem, what's the latest news on the streets?"
Freeze ray.... stops time.... tell your friends.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Lem retrieves you drink and tells a barmaid to prepare your meal. He leans in across the bar as he serves your drink, making sure no prying ears are listening. "I might have some more work for ye, if interested. I've sent for the source of the employment an' I'm hopin' she arrives soon. Things are going to change around here in the next few months, I'ma thinkin'."

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:45 am

"I'm always interested in work. Got any details for me or will I just have to wait for her to show up?" I can always depend on Lem to keep me in work. Thank the Gods for that.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:15 pm

"Not real sure why she's lookin' for folks. I only know what she's lookin' fer.", Lem replies with a wry grin. "She be a lookin' fer folk with not a lot o' love for the way things are goin' around here. She's a lookin' fer capable folk, too. Best thing ta do is wait fer her." He leans in closer. "There's a group formin'. It's said they gonna do a clean up on Westcrown." He relaxes a bit, "Jus' sit back, enjoy yer meal, and wait."

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 pm

Time passes. You finish your meal, and a few more drinks. You notice something catches Lem's eye, as he looks towards the doorway. You turn to look and see a leather clad, fairly attractive, woman enter the room with two other men. Lem motions them over. He turns to you saying, "I see the rest of yer party has arrived. The back room is ready fer ya." The woman nods to Lem, not speaking a word. She heads towards the back room door, and opens it, motioning for you and the two others to enter.
Enter Kyle and Fellan. Sadly, I didn't think Viraj would fit well into this scenario so we will join him later.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:59 am

Entering into the Slaughtered Lamb comes a heavily cloaked figure. His thick black cloak hands over his shoulders suggesting armor underneath. A pack is slung over one shoulder, and a shield, dented and well used is covering the pack itself. The handle of a long morning star peeks out from under his cloak. He turns to the other man with him and considers making a comment, but then chooses not to. He let's the woman lead the way. his black hair hangs just above his eyes, bright blue piercing eyes that hide a depth of danger and a story to tell to be sure. With heavy boots he heads to the back room, eyes searching for trouble. He can obviously hold his own in a fight.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:12 am

The smaller man at the cloaked figure's side is just as worn in gear and bearing, but somehow manages to not look beaten down. With is sandy blonde hair and his bright blue eyes, he has one of those faces that seems hard to look anything but cheerful. It's hard to tell if he's armored under his cloak, though a buckler hangs from the side of his pack. He has some kind of small curved blade at his side, though whether it's a dagger or something else is unclear. He also says nothing, though he gives the other man a look and a nod that seems to pass some information. He seems ready to back the first man up in a fight should it come to that, and looks like he has probably done so in the past.

Parrow89
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Parrow89 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:52 am

Emere notices the two men and the woman as the enter the tavern. Keeping an eye on his surroundings Emere follows the strangers into the back room, rather eager to hear what plans there are for Westcrown. Upon arriving in the back room Emere attempts to take a seat closest to the way out in case something occurs.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Hey Parrow its great to get a game in with you. I'm glad to see someone from Jupiter Games on the site, and more glad to actually RP with a local! (I live in Binghamton after all!) Check out the BrenCon thread, we'll be having a Con for the site at Jupiter Games over Labor Day, hope to see you there!
Fellon tenses as another man joins them. He looks Emere over with warry eyes, "So..." his voice is deep and raspy. "...who are you?" The man fluffs his cloak out behind him and takes a seat, the morningstar on his hip is now more than visible, espcially since he draws it and drops it on the table infront of him, one hand holding tight. This both is far more comfortable than sitting with it poking him, and it gives him a tool to bash in someone's head if things go bad here easily enough. Eyes' narrowed the man sizes Emere up trying to read him.
Sense Motive on Emere.
Intimidate as well. Its that silent brooding type that suggests he'd bash your head in without a second thought kind of intimidate.

I know that Emere is a PC but its what Fellan would do to the new guy regardless. Handle that however you like.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring