Kyle & Fellan: Intro '€" Surrounded by Devils.

The city of Westcrown is dying. Since being stripped of its station as the capital of Cheliax, the wealth and prestige of the city has gradually slipped away, leaving the desperate people to fend for themselves in a city beset by criminals, a corrupt nobility, and a shadowy curse. Can you fight back against champions of both the law and the criminal world?

This is a Pathfinder Adventure Path run by the GM arkahm.
arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Kyle & Fellan: Intro '€" Surrounded by Devils.

Post by arkahm » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:48 am

Kyle and Fellan's intro. Please do the descriptions as well.
It has been some time since you have made your way back to this wretched city, wretched in ways that are beyond describing. Your hopes to find a way to help the citizens have been to no avail and your hopes are starting to dwindle. Hiding from the 'œlaw' in the city is becoming harder and harder, but you have managed to get by, staying in more crowded areas to blend in. It would not be wise to be seen by the ones thinking you dead and a simple caretaker of the dead, at least not together. Milani and Pharasma have been good to you both, for on your return they welcomed you, allowing you to remain hidden from ruling eyes. Having sympathy for your plight, they have even sent out people to get a feel for any resistances to the city rule.

While perusing the crowded local market towards the northern Regos, You begin to notice a lovely woman dressed in leathers that seemed to be shadowing you both at every stall you visit. She appears to not even be hiding the fact, casually looking you over like an evaluation of worth. As you reach your next stall, the woman approaches you both. While acting like she is perusing goods, she says in a subdued and almost whispery voice, 'œI represent a group you may be interested in. I believe we should talk.'
Last edited by arkahm on Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Kyle & Fellan: Intro '€" Surrounded by Devils.

Post by Trogdor » Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:11 am

As he and his companion make their way slowly through the market, Kyle Mason pauses to look at the wares of one seller. He is a young man, still in his early twenties, of average height, with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes. He look every inch like you'd expect a farm hand or a journeyman craftsman to look, and not at all like a priest of Pharasma, the goddess of death. But then, the gods call all sorts. And not all fit the stereotypes.

"Don't show alarm," he says, working hard to keep calm. "But I'm afraid we've drawn some attention. To our right; near the tinsmith." He doesn't run or dash away, as that would draw even more attention. And it seems to him unlikely that the observer would approach directly. But in this, he's proven wrong. Before he can properly react, the woman has approached and has made her proposal.

Still wary, Kyle looks over at Fellan and raises a questioning eyebrow.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:54 am

As you speculate why this woman has approached you in this manner a young boy runs up to her tugging on her leathers. She looks down and in an expression of recognition, bends down to hear what the boy whispers to her. She stands erect again, reaching to her pouches to produce a coin which she gives the boy. He runs off through the crowds, more than likely to spend the GOLD coin she had given him. With a smile on her face, that you noticed was not there when you first noticed her, she says in a low voice, "If you wish to discuss this with me, please come with me to the Slaughtered Lamb. I have just been informed another prospect has arrived back into Westcrown. I can give you both an offer that I do not think you would want to refuse. What say you?"
If you have not figured out yet I realized I can incorporate both this intro and Emeres intro's together. It will help me by not having so many threads to jump around to and gives me a basis to get at least 3 of you together now since the slaughtered lamb is in about the same area as you all are now (Northern Westcrown).

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:57 pm

The young man named Fellan spots the woman as Kyle mentions her arrival. His heavy cloak is pulled around his sizable frame, and a hand slides into the folds to rest on the handle of his morningstar there. Prepairing to bash the woman's head in if she turns out to be an enemy he is only slightly surprised to find that she has some offer of work for him and his companion.

Silently he stands there, just glaring at the woman. He hasn't trusted anyone in a long while, his father, his mother and Kyle, and that is about it. His long black hair hangs around his eyes shielding them from casual observers and forcing him to sweeep the locks out of his way to get a solid look at the woman. In a deep and raspy voice that is too old a man this young he hisses, "I could use hot meal and a good story." He glances to Kyle wondering what the Death Priest thinks about it.

On edge, guarded, and brooding, he follows along if and only if Klye wants too. His hand on his weapon, he watches for an ambush the entire way. If its a trap atleast we'll kill someone deserving today.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:12 pm

"If she was working for the authorities," Kyle offers, his eyes still narrowed in suspicion, "she wouldn't be asking; she'd be telling." He shrugs. "I say we at least hear her out. She may have something of worth to say."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:11 pm

"Good point."

The former Inquisitor's raspy voice is low and emotionless. "Lead the way." The man turns from the market stalls, he wasn't going to buy much of anything today anyhow. With a hand on his weapon, tucked under his cloak he moves warily along with Kyle and the woman watching for signs of ambush all the way to the Slaughtered Lamb.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 pm

She leads you both through the crowds, guarding your money pouches as you go. She meanders through the streets, this way and that, until reaching a plain building with a sign above the doorway representing a lamb on a butcher block, quite gruesome the way signs go. It was clear she was attempting to avoid being followed. There was a much more direct route from the Markets. "We have arrived." She enters the doorway leaving you to speculations on what to expect. "Come with me."
We will now jump into Emere's intro. Almost done with these intros.