Underground Revolution

The city of Westcrown is dying. Since being stripped of its station as the capital of Cheliax, the wealth and prestige of the city has gradually slipped away, leaving the desperate people to fend for themselves in a city beset by criminals, a corrupt nobility, and a shadowy curse. Can you fight back against champions of both the law and the criminal world?

This is a Pathfinder Adventure Path run by the GM arkahm.
arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Underground Revolution

Post by arkahm » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:33 am

The morning comes quickly as the wonders of what is in store fill your dreams, but it does come. You awaken to a standard day the streets of Westcrown still have the almost decaying stench and the air is still filled with the pollutant smoke of the ever-burning chimneys that fill the city. Breakfast is ready for Emere, as promised. The temple workers of both Milani and Pharasma are hard at work after the morning services, preparing for the noon service. As is Orori's, with the exception of the praised pupil, Viraj. Master Drova has given you the day off to prepare for the meeting, fully expecting you to represent Orori with preparation.
I'll give you time to post anything you want to do in the Morning time. Then I'll roll right into the meeting.
Last edited by arkahm on Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Underground Revolution

Post by mackaber » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:38 am

Viraj rises early in the morning his mind boggled by unkind drams but his spirit unabashed. An unbalanced min is often time a sign of an unbalanced body so is the word of the Master of Masters and it is thus that Viraj sets to his morning workout before once again, maybe one last ime cleaning the temple room. He has an important meeting today at mid day and he can sense that something in his path is about to change this day.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Waking in a dingy little flop house where they don't ask questions, and don't remember names or faces of their cilents Fellan rises. Scratching at the fleas that have tried to get at him from the dirty bedrolls near by (for he uses his own blanket, but others linger nearby), he stands with a stretch. Then taking a knee he bows his head in reverence and holds in his hand a small wooden symbol of Milani with a small hollow cache in the back of it, what is within he hasn't ever shown to anyone, even Kylie. Praying silently for guidance and strength to do what must be done, the former Inquisitor stands. "Let us be gone from here." He waits for the Death Preist and then makes ready to travel to the Slaughtered Lamb planning to arrive ahead of schedule so he can scout the location for signs of ambush, plan and escape route out of there, and to generally get the lay of the land of the place.
I have nothing besides what I posted for morning actions. I'm ready for the meeting.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:50 pm

You're one step ahead of me on the escape route plan!
Kyle rises as well, pulls a holy symbol to Pharasma from where it usually hides beneath his shirt, and gives thanks to his patron goddess for one more day of life. His formal prayers were completed before bed, day's end being more propitious for death goddesses than its beginning.

Ne nods to Fellan. "Agreed. the sooner we're out of here the better." He quickly rolls up his bedroll and stow it in his pack. Before he hitches the pack in his back, though, he pulls out a water skin and two bruised and spoiled apples. It was far cheaper to buy spoiled fruit, and allowed them to stay away from the more respectable markets where they might be discovered.

Kyle holds the apples in one hand and the waterskin in the other. "Pharasma bless this food and water and grant it a respite from the decay that is the ultimate fate of all." As the last of these words are spoken, there is a slight glow around the water skin and the apples. The bruises fade from the apples and they firm up, no longer rotten but quite edible. The priest tosses one to Fellan. "There safe now," he says, referring as much to the water as the apples. Then he takes a gulp of the water, swishes it around in his mouth to get the taste of morning out, and spits it in the corner.

He hands the waterskin over to his companion and takes a bite of the apple. "If I know you, were heading to the Slaughtered Lamb early. You probably won't be happy until you've figured out three ways for us to escape in case it's a trap." He smiles. "And I can't say I disagree."
Purify Food and Drink to make breakfast palatable.

I agree with V. Scope the place out, look for traps, and plan an escape in case it is a set up.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:57 pm

The grim man catches the apple and takes a bite into it no doubting Kyle's spell or words. The man has heared Fellan's respect and trust, the only person in all of Westcrown to do so at this point in the former noble's life. "You do know me. We should plan a way to escape, not just from those we plan to meet, but of the city watch or the Hellknights if they catch word of this clandestine meeting. Something tells me these people aren't that careful, atleast not as much as they think they are." He muches on the apple, takes a swig of water and spits on the floor much the same as Kyle and then heads off to scout the Slaughtered Lamb.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Viraj
After a quick workout and cleaning of the chapel common room. It is time to meet with the woman. You place your cleaning materials to the side, asking Master Drova for permissions to be dismissed for the meeting. "This will be your first real test. Follow where Orori guides you, child. Orori, will always lead you in the right direction." With these words, he dismisses you to the meeting.
Viraj should be going strait to Visio's Tavern so this is actually a little later in the day than the following:
Kyle and Fellan
As you begin towards the Lamb, the walk is slightly different today. The air of possible hope is around you. You notice the more subtle things. The children playing in the streets, their innocence oblivious to the workings of this diabolical city. The slight waif of cooking bread from the bakers ovens lifting through the chimneys. Could this be the beginning of a better time? Of course, you have in the back of your mind that this could be a rouse, or trap, but Janiven was very convincing in her words. It is worth it to give it a chance, but being aware of any beguiling situation.

The arrival at the lamb is to be expected this early in the morning. Not many people seem to be in the common room. Typical of a tavern morning, most of the patrons sleeping off a long nights drink. Lem is behind the bar, and the man, Emere, is sitting quietly at a table eating steaming slices of meat with small potatoes looking smothered with buttery sauce.
I'll give you a chance to talk with whomever you want here. Also I was wondering how you would like to handle Parrow's absence. I will need to NPC him if you do not wish to wait. Not knowing all the quirks of how he will play his character, he will be a "shadow" NPC

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:17 pm

Kyle moves in and takes a seat with a good view of entrances and exits, and reasonable access to escape routes. For the moment he doesn't speak to any of the other patrons. He considers their finances and comes to a decision.

"If we're going to be out in the open," he murmurs to Fellan, "we might as well get a decent meal. We've been careful so far. I think we can afford it." He smiles. "And don't worry, I'll check it out first. I don't want either of us meeting the Lady of Graves today."
If it's necessary for the story for him to be here for this meeting, then make him a shadowy NPC and don't have him say much. If he can join us later, then do that.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:50 pm

As you take your seats, Lem notices your arrival and walks over to your table. "Yer da utha ones ain't ya, that met with Janiven? If so ye want somethin' ta eat. It be on da house this fine morn." He says this in a most enlightened way, much like a burden being lifted off his shoulders. It is clear that this meeting with Janiven has given hope to some folk. He waves to the single barmaid motioning with a V formation of his fingers pointing towards the both of you. He turns towards Emere, "Join yer new friends here 'mere. I'm sure you got's much to talk abouts." Emere notices you then, getting up with his plate in hand as the barmaid rushes out of the kitchen with your steaming hot plate.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Fellan circles the building two times before he heads inside. The first time around he looks at the building itself for exits, windows, doors, cellar entrances, service access to the kitchen and the like. The second time around he looks at the buildings around it, scoping for sniper nests, ambushers, and the like. Finally he heads inside with Kyle and sits.

"A hot cooked meal will beat rotten apples. Let's eat." He doesn't say much to Lem when the man presents himself, until he mentions free food. A satisfied grunt is what he offers but takes any food freely given, waiting for Kyle to check it for poisons or purify it first.

Emere's arrival puts his hand on his morningstar, "We remember you." He looks around the room. "Are there more coming, or are we three going to turn things around?" His upper lip curls in a half smile at his jest.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:36 pm

As the food comes, Kyle passes a hand over his and Fellan's plates. "Pharasma guide me," he mutters, "and warn me if this contains anything that would bring us closer to your realm." His eyes narrow for a moment, then he looks up and nods. "It's clear." Then he digs in, offering a comment through a half-filled mouth. "Yes, and when will the lady be here?"
Cast Detect Poison. I'm assuming it's clean. If not, please adjust my post accordingly.