New Friends and New Objectives

The city of Westcrown is dying. Since being stripped of its station as the capital of Cheliax, the wealth and prestige of the city has gradually slipped away, leaving the desperate people to fend for themselves in a city beset by criminals, a corrupt nobility, and a shadowy curse. Can you fight back against champions of both the law and the criminal world?

This is a Pathfinder Adventure Path run by the GM arkahm.
arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Re: New Friends and New Objectives

Post by arkahm » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:50 pm

Kyle, wary now of the Priest on the roof of the wagon, switches his attention to the remaining Hellknight. Swinging his sickle, and saying a prayer to Pharasma, his swing falls short as the Hellknight begins to move out of reach. Fellan having the same idea swings toward the man, but only the edge of his mighty Morningstar nicks his armor, causing no real damage. Viraj on the other hand has grown tired of the cat and mouse game him and his opponent are engaged in. With a leg sweep and uppercut punch, his fist finally collides with the Hellknight's chin. With a loud crack of bone, the man flies off the ground, landing in an unmoving heap.

From the top of the wagon, Shanwen still concentrates on dropping 'œthe fool priest'. Calling forth another ray of scorching flame, it strikes the priest of Pharasma in the shoulder. The flames burn deep but Kyle keeps his defenses up and his head in the battle.

Rallen, now entwined in battling the crossbow armed man, fires off another glowing light bolt. It streaks through the air unerringly striking the man. The Hellknight, seeing his ranks thinning, and his own life in danger, uses the shielding of the wagon to attempt to get out of battle. Climbing from the driver's seat, he uses the wagon as concealment and backs away until he can turn and run. As he runs, you hear Shanwen yelling 'œCome back you cowards! Asmodeus have your hides!'

With one Hellknight remaining, besides Shanwen, you can see the sweat flowing from under the remaining Hellknight's helm. He attempts to return Fellan's attack but is unable to connect settling for getting a pace away from Kyle as a tradeoff.

Kyle, now between Shanwen and the Hellknight, decides to'¦
I had forgotten to mention'¦climbing (up or down) the wagon is a double move (Like difficult terrain). I just realized that I have been forgetting about higher ground rules so I won't use them the rest of this battle. You won't get off so lucky next time'¦[insert cynical laugh here] Also If anyone wishes to make chase off the seen map I'll expand it. Just let me know what direction you are going. The first 2 to flee are long gone though, moving max speed.
Kyle vs HK4: 10vs16
Viraj vs HK3 (FoB): 8vs16(miss); 17vs16(hit), D:9
Fellan vs HK4: 13vs16(miss)
Shanwen vs Kyle: Fire Bolt 17vs14, D:4
Ralen vs HK5: Magic Missile: 3
HK2: Withdraw at x2 speed
HK3vsViraj: down
HK4vsFellan: 16vs18(miss)
HK5vsRalen: Withdraw x2 move S(x2),S,S,S,S,S,S
Kyle: -4
Viraj: -3
Fellan: Full
Ralen: -6
Shanwen: Full
HK1: -18 (DEAD-DEAD)
HK2: -8 (-1 Attack/Saves for 16 rnds; Withdraw X2 move)
HK3: -9 (Down and dying)
HK4: Full (-1 Attack/Saves for 16 rnds)
HK5: -7 (-1 Attack/Saves for 16 rnds; Withdraw x2 move)
HK6: -7 (-1 Attack/Saves for 16 rnds; Withdraw x2 move)
Round 7 Bold has gone this round.
Kyle: 19
Viraj: 18.9
Fellan: 18.5
Shanwen: 18.1
Ralen: 16
Hellknights: 10

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Fellan steps back from the last Hellknight he's facing, "No mercy to him, the others can flee." As he steps back he points up at Shanwen, "Coward! Cow before me! On your knees, your demons and devils are no match for the true power of a god! The Everbloom protects the faithful, her will can not be denyied. Come forward and COWER BEFORE ME!" He unleashes a divine power at the leader of the Hellknights intending to bring him down to his knees.
5ft NW, Cast Command "Approach" on Shanwen.

Approach: On its turn, the subject moves toward you as quickly and directly as possible for 1 round. The creature may do nothing but move during its turn, and it provokes attacks of opportunity for this movement as normal.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:50 pm

Looking to catch the last hellknight between two enemies, Kyle circles around him and strikes.
Move Action: E NE N NW
Standard Action: Attack HK4 (Flanking)

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Kyle moves around the remaining Hellknight trying to get the man between Fellan and himself. Again he swings the sickle. This time the sickle bites into the man. The man muffles his pain and fights on, deciding which opponent to attack.

The scream for release at the wagon can be heard more clearly now. The words must have been bolstered by Kyle's healing wave. "The leader has the Key!" The voice says, "Hurry, Please!"
Kyle vs HK4: 16vs16
Kyle: -4
Viraj: -3
Fellan: Full
Ralen: -6
Shanwen: Full
HK1: (DEAD-DEAD)
HK3: (Down and dying)
HK4: -4 (-1 Attack/Saves for 16 rnds)
HK5: -7 (-1 Attack/Saves for 16 rnds; Withdraw x2 move)
Move Kyle opposite the Hellknight, across from Fellan.
Round 7 Bold has gone this round.
Kyle: 19
Viraj: 18.9
Fellan: 18.5
Shanwen: 18.1
Ralen: 16
Hellknights: 10

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:24 am

With the Hellknight before him dropping to the ground in pain Viraj turns and looks around. All he can see is a man sitting atop the wagon with cruel intentions and thus he fires a pair of Shurken at him in order to get him grunded again.
FoB with Shuriken targeting Shawen.
Big Pimpin...