Introduction - Marie Robien

Several new werewolves find themselves in a small valley in the south of Wales, facing learning about what they are, learning to live and work together, and facing threats that lurk just beneath the apparently tranquil setting of the Rhondda Fach valley.Run by Storyteller Donan
Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Introduction - Marie Robien

Post by Donan » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Wednesday, May 5th, 2010

The old, somewhat rusty Land Rover reached the top of the road leading down into the north of the Rhondda Fach valley and stopped as Marie took in the scene in front of her with new eyes. It had been a month now, a month since her understanding of the world had been flipped upside down and turned inside out.

Her experiences with Sara and the Aberdale pack were hard to forget, the quiet and withdrawn Owen who had only lost his temper with her once, and for reason she still didn't understand, Sara, who had bought Marie into the Bone Shadows, given her her first trial as a werewolf and who had granted Marie her first deed name of Mist Talker and the sometimes annoying, sometimes amusing would be battle poet, Robert.

And now Marie looked down upon the valley that hopefully contained what she was looking for, and this time she had knowledge and instincts beyond the understanding of humankind, this time she knew she could prove her theories right and hopefully work out what Sara's somewhat cryptic message about the valley had meant.

Being a Bone Shadow meant making discoveries and being curious, risks or not.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Introduction - Marie Robien

Post by Phlale » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Marie's Defender slowly rolls down into the valley and toward her goal. Her shoulder dark, shoulder length hair dances in the breeze that created by her passage. Her eyes are on the road, but her mind is somewhere ahead of her. She briefly considers heading to Maendy Camp, but decides against it, first find a place to sleep while she searches, then she can begin exploring again, and pick up where the clues left off.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:47 pm

As Marie would have quickly discovered in earlier inspections of the valley, there are several options when it comes to finding a place to stay. The Fach may not be all that big a tourist spot, but it still sees a fair amount of traffic from hikers and others who enjoy a Welsh holiday.

Various small hotels and hostels are scattered throughout the valley, mostly bed and breakfasts, although the two favourite places are Maerdy and Tylerstown at either end of the small valley, the large town of Ferndale in the centre not being rural enough for most visitors the area gets, though it of course has a fair share of places to stay.

Several caravan and tent sites are also available, and while Marie doesn't have either of those, it should be easy enough to find a camping store and get hold of a tent and related equipment, should that be her choice.
All her research suggests the burial site is somewhere in the northern half of the valley, which is also where the majority of the old mines are placed.

As she begins to drive through Maerdy however, a faint but impossible to mistake scent drifts through her open window. Another werewolf has been here recently, and it's certainly not one she's met before. Her wolf soul stirs in response to the scent and strong instincts may well be thrown up by the undeniable presence of one of her kin.
Perception roll

[15:31] <MUSH> +ROLL: Donan@IRC rolls 5 WoD d10 and the dice show: 9 8 4 3 2

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:01 pm

Marie almost clips a parked car as she pulls over and inhales deeply. She understands that in human skin she is unlikely to be able to find the Uratha, but she feels compelled to try anyway. She grabs her purse, checking its contents and climbs out into the street, attempting to follow the scent without being obvious.
Make sure her brass knuckles are in the purse, lock the Defender and then try to find the source of the scent, or at least its strongest area. If she can't wander around for a bit, then continue on to find a camping supply store and campsite.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Before Marie can start searching she's interrupted by an angry shout. "Hey, hey! That's my bloody car!" A middle aged man is advancing on her angrily and is waving at the Ford she nearly clipped. "Why don't you watch where you're going? Stupid giirl!"

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:18 pm

Marie smiles distractedly, attempting to portray the image of a harried woman only half there. "I'm so sorry! Mon Dieu, I did cut it close didn't I? Well, I don't see any damage, please forgive me, I am not used to driving such a large vehicle, mon petit ami insisted." Marie's accent clearly mark her as French, and she's hoping that tourist dollars will ease the man's anger.
Fast-talk
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:35 pm

The man glowers, but settles enough to bend down and check his car for scratches. He quickly sees that there aren't and straightens, nodding. "Alright, no harm there, but you be more careful, right?" He glances at the car, then at Marie, a faint look of contempt on his face. "Why not drive something smaller, something you can manage? Oh, and I hope you enjoy our quaint, little village."

The last comment has a barb of anger in it, and the man gives one last glare before starting to get in his car, preparing to set off.

Phlale
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Phlale » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:48 pm

Marie isn't put off by the man's attitude, she has run into it more than once while scrounging for clues. She turns her back on the man's Ford and inhales deeply, like a woman intent on calming jangled nerves, trying to find the scent once more.
"I will always return."
-Shinjo

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:00 pm

Just hold for a little bit Phlale, I need to set up Huw's thread a little more. :)

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:04 am

The scent isn't hard to find, the werewolf in question has walked these streets regularly and the most recent trail leads Marie towards a slightly weatherbeaten pub, the name CANARY written above the entrance.

The other werewolf has clearly gone in there sometime in the past two hours or so.