Introduction - Liam McAllister

Several new werewolves find themselves in a small valley in the south of Wales, facing learning about what they are, learning to live and work together, and facing threats that lurk just beneath the apparently tranquil setting of the Rhondda Fach valley.Run by Storyteller Donan
Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Introduction - Liam McAllister

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:23 pm

Wednesday, May 12th, 2010

'œWe're here!' The driver called down the length of the coach Liam had been a passenger on as it grounded to a halt, a curtain of rain distorting the view outside, but not hiding the fact that it was a fairly grim sight. 'œFerndale, enjoy the country!' There's a faintly sarcastic tone hidden under the driver's voice as several people gather belongings and start heading for the exit.

Even through the rain, the streets around the coach feel tired and washed out, Ferndale had high unemployment issues, one of the things Liam had been told when he was sent to the valley.

A folder lay in his lap that contained the details of his work here. He was to contact Gregory Heath, a local official for the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and work with him and his workers on measuring the stability of the mines around Maerdy. Employers being what they are, there wasn't much more information than that, he was just to provide a safety rating for the mines, and make any needed recommendations.

They had however, provided him a room in the nearby Victoria hotel and directions there, as well as contact details for Gregory. How kind of them. It was perhaps, a relief to Liam that the feeling of sometimes being watched wasn't there. Not at the moment anyway.
Last edited by Donan on Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Introduction - Liam McAllister

Post by MadVlat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Liam stands up putting the folder into his satchel. He looks out the window to witness the dreary weather and lets out a disapproving exhale of air through his teeth. Slowly he makes his way along with the rest of the passengers to the front of the vehicle, and with a quick glance upwards he exits. Almost immediately he catches sight of the driver unceremoniously off loading his equipment into the foul weather. "Be careful with that", he chimes up quickly running towards the man and examining the cases...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 pm

The driver glances at Liam and grunts, but he does take a little more care with the cases as he continues to unpack. "You should have ruddy fragile stickers on them then.." The man continues to grumble as he takes more stuff out for his passegers, Liam's luggage now to one side in an unitdy heap.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:16 pm

"I didn't mean to snap at you sir. Its just that the people I work for would not take kindly to damaged equipment reports when I haven't even checked into my room yet". Liam states as kindly as his mood will allow. "You wouldn't happen to know where I could find the Victoria hotel would you?". Though the geologist has the folder in his possession he asks the driver to break the ice for a second try...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:25 pm

The driver closes the luggage compartment as the last of his passengers leaves and turns to face Liam. "It's been a long day," he offers as an apology. He then thinks for a moment. "Hm.. if I remember right.." He points to the left and down the street. "Second street to the left and then go right to the end, and it should be in front of you." He glances at Liam thoughtfully. "What sort of equipment, you're American aren't you?" A faint grin crosses the man's face. "I doubt you'll find oil around here."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:44 pm

Liam summons up a grin of his own and chuckles, "Canadian actually and I'm here to conduct a geological survey of the area. These cases have some of my more sensitive equipment in them". He begins to gather up the equipment then starting with his backpack and dufflebag. Combined they contain almost everything he owns. "Could I get you to give me a hand to the hotel with this stuff...

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:50 pm

The driver sighs and shakes his head. "Sorry mate, but I've got to get this hunk of metal moving to my next stop. If it's really bad you could try for a taxi."

the driver quickly jots down a number and gives it to Liam. "A word of warning before I go though, this place has gone down since the mines clused, and that was over twenty years, but people still get pissed about it, just be careful with some of the locals."

The driver gets back into the coach, nodding at Liam. "And good luck with your work mate."

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:03 pm

"Thanks anyway and drive careful", Liam then offers up a wave and picks up the rest of his equipment. As he slogs through the soaking streets with his burdening cargo, he resembles a bloated rhino with hives. "Damn this weather", he mutters under his breath. Following the driver's directions he slowly makes his way towards the Victoria in the pouring rain...

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 pm

The coach pulls away, leaving Liam to slog through the grey and rain soaked streets. the road he walks down is cracked and in poor condition, which is a contrast to the houses on either side, each of which has a small but attractive garden. It's fairly obivous the residents here care more for their town then the local council.

The Victoria comes into view ahead, it's an old building and has obivously been renovated to serve in its current role. As Liam enters he sees a single small desk which is graced by a clerk about his age, about twenty hooks for keys behind her. She has black hair, blue eyes and the scent of jasmine hangs around her, which reminds Liam of how oddly sensitive his sense of smell's sometimes been.

She smiles at Liam, seeming happy to see hm. "Welcome to the Victoria. We have some rooms free, and, oh, would you like a hand with those?"

She gestures at the bags he carries. As Liam centers himself in the reception the back of his neck prickles, in a manner that he's experienced many times throughout his life, the air feels thick and potent, but despite all this, the feeling he gets seems to be one of contentment, and of being welcome. As is often the case, the strange sensations and feelings cause him to become lightheaded.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:37 am

Liam smiles at the young lady and softly places his luggage down. "My name is Liam McAllistor. I was told that I have been registered here at the Victoria through my company, Raptor Inc.". He shakes the water off of his satchel before opening it and withdraws the manila folder he had been given. "Is the weather always this foul or have I simply caught your town on a bad day", he utters managing a boyish smile...