Introduction - Rebecca Miller

Several new werewolves find themselves in a small valley in the south of Wales, facing learning about what they are, learning to live and work together, and facing threats that lurk just beneath the apparently tranquil setting of the Rhondda Fach valley.Run by Storyteller Donan
Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Introduction - Rebecca Miller

Post by Donan » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:02 pm

Rebecca's undoubtedly expensive car purrs at the top of the hill leading down into the valley, giving the new werewolf a look at where she was meant to spend the next few months. Her experiences had been horrific, and not something she had known how to explain to anybody. The wild instincts, the wolfish nature, all of it had consumed her and made her family look at her fearfully. Luckily for her, others had found and taught her, explaining what and who she was now and how to come to terms with it. She had even earned entry into the Storm Lords after fighting off an Azlu.

Her nature had been calmed after she'd learnt to understand it, but her family had still done their best to persuade her to visit her grandparents in this small village, and when the other werewolves she knew about learnt about it, they had talked and then told Becky that they'd heard hints from Cahalith and other sources that something important might happen here. They'd suggested that having an Urathu explore the valley might be important and it would be a good start to Becky's career as a Storm Lord..

Maria
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Introduction - Rebecca Miller

Post by Maria » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:48 pm

The latest club hit was booming out of her car stereo and she was driving way too fast on the small road. She tapped the steeringwheel with an irritated expression on her face.
"Stupid mom and dad, stupid friends, stupid clerk at the gas station... Stupid!"
She hit the steeringwheel again, but this time with her palm of her hand. The car almost lost traction and slid across the road for a split second, just enough for her to calm down and focus.

"Oh dear, oh dear.. Oh dear.. Ok, no more punching the car, spirits upset.."
She continued to drive towards the town, in a much slower pace.

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:03 pm

As Becky continues to rocket towards the town, the village of Maerdy, home of her grandparents, comes into view. It's a small village, the larger towns just beyond it quite visible. Her grandparents are likely waiting for her to visit, but perhaps..

The faint but impossible to miss scent of a werewolf drifted through the window. One had been this way recently.

Maria
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Maria » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:09 pm

"Figures I'm not the first one to come here... Something big happening indeed.."
She pulled the car over and got out, stretching her arms and taking a deep breath. That way she'd know the other wolf if she came close. She took a lap around the car, making sure it was neat and whole before going for a pack of smokes in her jacket pocket.

She lit the cigarette and eyed the village closely. After a few puffs she threw the cigarette to the ground and stepped in it before getting back into the car and driving the last way to her grandparents.

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:18 am

Her grandparents are waiting for her outside their neat cottage when she arrives and makes traditional noises of delight when she arrives, her grandma hurrying forward to hug her as she gets out of the car. "Becky, lovely to see you dear!"

Her grandfather on the other hand, makes a beeline for the car's boot, clearly planning to get her luggage as Laura continues. "Now darling, we've got a room all set up for you, David will get your bags, don't worry about that. You'll have a good time here, I kn ow it, lots to see and do right David?" Becky's grandfather nods meekly, juggling with some of Becky's bags.

Maria
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Maria » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:07 am

With the love only a granddaughter can fake Becky greets her grandparents. It's not that she didn't like them, it's just that they where so old.. But there was a genuine core to the love at least, she told herself.

"Grandma'! It's been so long. How are you? Do you have coffee at home, my head is killing me. I must get unpacked too, I simply cannot wear this outfit any longer."

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:06 pm

Her grandma laughs and ten minutes later Becky's sitting at the kitchen table, a hot mug of coffee in front of her, her grandma nearby. "Now Becky, I know it may not be what you're used to around here, but it's a good place to be."

David, his nose buried in a paper, grunts something and Laura shoots him a short glare. "But your grandfather wanted you to know there's a nightclub down the road in Ferndale, if you like that sort of thing, apparently lots of the young people do."

She brightens. "But I thought we could take a lovely, long walk tomorrow, there's an old ruined abbey nearby that's good to look at."

David smiles at her, folding and lowering the paper. "The room to the left upstairs is yours, I've put your bags there for when you want to sort yourself out." He glances at Becky when Laura isn't looking and winks, clearly attempting to tell her something.

Maria
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Maria » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:28 pm

"A club? Oh, how nice!"
Becky nods at her grandmother. "A walk sounds lovely, take in the scenery and the smells."

She throws a glance at her grandfather with a raised eyebrow. What was that old man up to now? It could be something fun!

She continued chatting with her grandparents for a while, trying to get him to say what was on his mind when grandmother wasn't looking.

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:08 pm

Becky gets her chance when her grandma is fianlly persauded to go and get the tin of biscuits she keeps, allowing her grandfather to finally speak with freedom. "What she's not telling you is that there are two nightclubs in Ferndale, but she only wants you to go to the student one." He grins, shaking his head. "She's paranoid about the other, but nothing bad really happens there, it just might be more fun for someone your age."

He glances towards the rest of the house, waiting for his wife to come back. "It's called Crystal, it's on Eliburgh road."

Maria
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Maria » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:07 pm

Becky grins widely. "Crystal.. Thanks!" She gives the old man a huge hug and quickly returns to her seat looking very innocent when her grandmother returns.