Infinite Galaxy: Screen Scroll (Bo - 'ToR' Era)

An epic game set in the Star Wars universe that takes place in real-time RP sessions using the Saga Edition rules.Run by Darth Bo
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Infinite Galaxy: Screen Scroll (Bo - 'ToR' Era)

Post by Bo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:18 pm

The Sith arrived from the Unknown Regions, perfectly organized, meticulously groomed for their goal: conquest. They quickly outnumbered, overwhelmed, and outsmarted the initial Republic resistance and war spread across the galaxy like wildfire...

Able to quickly destroy Republic shipyards and seize planet systems rich in natural resources, the Sith War machine crippled their opponent and pressed ever deeper into the Galaxy until they threated the very core itself. The Jedi Order, however, should never be discounted...

Taking matters into their own hands, the Jedi bypassed government beaureacracy and managed to fight the Sith to a stalemate in the Mid-Rim...

Forced to regroup, the Sith staged a years long blockade on the Hydian Way. Without supplies, the Galactic Core soon began to blame the Jedi for their hardships and public opinion against them reached dangerous levels. Eventually, though the blockade was broken, the Republic government agreed to negotiate a peace treaty witht the Sith Empire. After one last bit of treachery, however, Corsuscant was attacked and the Republic was forced to surrender a large part of the Galaxy to Sith control.

Now the Jedi have returned to their refuge of Tython and an uneasy peace exists. However, this won't last forever and bands of adventurers througout the galaxy, for one side or the other fight for justice... or power.

Which side will you fight on?
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: Crisis on Ithor

Post by Bo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:56 pm

In Orbit above the Republic Capital of Coruscant...
Image The Icebreaker, a Hammerhead-class Republic cruiser hangs motionless against a backdrop of stars. It is one among many such ships, some larger and some smaller, and its commander, one Szaras'haw'nuruodo (known by most simply as 'Shawn'), attends a meeting on the bridge via holo-transmission. This is a mass communication, sent by central command on Coruscant, addressing this section of the fleet.

"There is a situation near Ithor," says the un-named Admiral, a Mon Calamari, "which needs our attention. The named vessels, diplomatic agents, and support staff..." he goes through a list and then continues, ".. should proceed towards Ithor immediately and then report their assessment. Our sources indicate that Imperial Agents their have .. shall we say.. 'stretched' the statues of the Treaty of Coruscant. Word is that Pirates are organizing operations planetside on Ithor in order to harvest raw materials. We all know that the Ithorians, if left to their own dvises, would never allow such a thing.. We feel these resources are being funneled towards the Imperial war effort. This blatant violation must be investigated."
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:01 pm

The Admiral continues. "Furthermore, certain cruisers will receive Jedi envoys." He pauses. "I know that sentiment has gone against The Order, recently, but they should prove invaluable in negotiations.. and combat, if it comes to that... " The admiral goes on to say a few more things...

Tarak, a Jedi Padawan nearing Knighthood, watches the transmission from Coruscant where he resides at Central Command with his Master, a human by the name of Dillon Essex. He turns to the Jedi. "Ah.. I hope you are ready for this mission," he says, smiling. "It has been a long time coming.. and I will not be going with you." He consults a datapad. "It appears as if you have been assigned to the Hammerhead-class cruiser, Icebreaker."

---

Aboard the Icebreaker

Shawn's personal assistant addresses him after the communication ends. "Sir," she says. "We will prepare to receive our Jedi envoy shortly. In addition, we are beginning pre-flight diagnostics for our trip to Ithor. Do you have any further instructions?" Then she adds. "This is short notice for such a mission.. but I guess that is our purpose."
Welcome! Let the RP begin!!
~Bo~

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:11 pm

Tarak bows his head, straightening his robe. "I'll do what I can Master. If Imperial agents -are- stirring up trouble I'll locate and identify them."

He smiles lightly. "It'll be good to see the wider galaxy again, despite everything. I hope your own duties go well."

He rubs his cheek thoughtfully. "I'm sure the Republic leadership will know I'm there, but should I hide myself as a member of the Icebreaker's crew? I'm sure it'll make i easier to trap any Imperials if they don't know I'm a Jedi."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:17 pm

On Coruscant....

"That would be wise," says Tarak's Master, "though it would be good to be honest with the ship's crew and Commander. We have not information to suggest they are biased against the Jedi." He shakes his head. "Not everyone blames us for this war, you know."

A protocol droid arrives at the Master's side. "Your Apprentice's shuttle is waiting, Master Essex," it says. "Is there anything else you would require?"

The Master pauses. "Not for the moment. It would be kind of you to accompany Tarak on his mission, though." He smiles. "He may be in need of your services, C2-O9."

"Of course, Master Essex. I would be delighted to serve as your Apprentice's assistant in any way my programming will allow."
~Bo~

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:43 pm

Tarak nods. "To act as a member of the ship's crew will require the Comamnder and crew knowing of course. I trust the soldiers of the Republic Master, enough to ask them to help with my cover." He smiles. "Thank you Master, may the Force be with you, and thank you C2, I'm grateful for your assistance."

He bows, then turns to lead the droid to the waiting shuttle.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:50 pm

"That's the exact purpose of this short notice, Zannc," replies the captain of the Icebreaker. Commander Szaras'haw'nuruodo watched the transmission motionless, keeping his red eyes fixed on the admiral and only spoke after it was over. He keeps his hands crossed behind his back, thinking only for a moment before he continues. "I want to meet whoever the Jedi is as soon as he is aboard. He can settle after I had a word with him. And remind the crew that we're not predjudiced towards our envoy, especially since this is not a Chiss-vessel. I'll meet him at the conference room."

He slowly walks around the bridge, checking the different stations and stopping next to a human male. "Lieutenant Phanan, I want to know of the recent events on Ithor and it's system, so we can prepare for any events we might encounter."

"See if you can find out who our Jedi is and if he comes alone," the captain says after he walked a few steps to another station. This one is occupied by a Bothan intelligence officer. "I don't want a surprise and find out we're carrying a whole pack of Jedi, being the last one who knows about it, lieutenant Fla'lar."

"And get me Woz," Shawn adds to his assistant. "I don't want any complications in the hangar. Not even a dismissive from any mechanic."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:23 pm

On Coruscant ...

Tarak and C2 make their way to the shuttle uneventfully and break orbit, heading for the Icebreaker

Aboard the Icebreaker...

"Yes, Captain," is repeated many times by many different officers aboard the vessel as Captain Szaras'haw'nuruodo efficiently gives orders. Soon enough, at the communications station, the officer receives a transmission.

"Shuttle - please identify yourself," says the officer to the shuttle containing Tarak and C2.

Szaras'haw'nuruodo likely waits nearbye, able to hear. In the meantime, his other officers go about their tasks.
~Bo~

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:04 pm

Tarak opens a channel to respond. "Padawan Tarak from the Jedi Temple, I wish to offer my assistance on your mission. I'm transmitting codes now." He flicks another button.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:12 pm

The communications officer looks at Captain 'Shawn.' "A Padawan, captain. They are sending us a Padawan.." He looks perplexed, as if not knowing how to reply or how to feel. Is it a slap in the face to be sent an envoy who is not yet a Jedi Knight? Or is it a compliment to the Icebreaker's crew, that it will be a good example for Tarak? Or perhaps this Padawan has special abilities...

"How shall I reply, captain? The primary docking bay is indeed able to accept his shuttle."
~Bo~