Infinite Galaxy: Screen Scroll (Bo - 'ToR' Era)

An epic game set in the Star Wars universe that takes place in real-time RP sessions using the Saga Edition rules.Run by Darth Bo
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Crisis on Ithor

Post by Bo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:01 pm

The Padawan rides up the turbolift from the detention center. He arrives at the bridge where Commander Shawn and his staff are likely conducting business, or if not there, somewhere else he's able to contac the Chiss.
~Bo~

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:14 pm

"Commander." Tarak gives a respectful nod of his head as he approaches. "I believe I've learnt of a contact who could help us get to the bottom of these raids."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:10 pm

"Padawan Tarak," Shawn says with a curtious nod, as the Jedi apprentice arrives at the in-port cabin. "I was just preparing my report to the admiral. Maybe you have something to add or take a look at the data we acquired from the pirate's comlink."

He points at the datapad which shows the call history.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Tarak nods, looking at the call history and pointing at Layla's name. "He said she was his contact on the main city station, from the sounds of it she might be a link and some good might come from talking to her. Are there are stored conversations between the two of them on the comlink?"

He glances at the Commander. "At the moment I don't have anything to add to your report, except that I sensed no dark side presence on the enemy ships, but then, it's unlikely Imperials would be that directly inolved if they're behind this."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:45 pm

"As you most certainly know, would an Imperial create a dark side impression?" Shawn asks curious. "Anyway, this is a simple comlink, so I don't think it stores any recordings other than simple data."

He nods at the engineer, so he takes a look at it anyway.

"So what will you do, when we arrive on Ithor, Padawan Tarak? It sound like you want to look into this Layla..."

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:51 pm

Tarak looks thoughtful, considering the question. "It's possible. Though they may not be Force senstive they still follow a set of ideals based on dark aide teachings, depending on how devoted they are to those ideals, and of course what acts they carry out, they may have a dark aide aura of their own."

He smiles. "I'd like the chance, yes. It may not go anywhere, but it's still a possible lead. I don't think the prisoner was lying to me." He pauses. "Although he may have been skilled at it, there's no way to be certain, but I sensed no deceit."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:27 pm

"I understand, Padawan Tarak," Commander Szaras'haw'nuruodo says his voice lacking any emotion. "And I am no one who will tell you what to do, since our sole purpose is to investigate the pirates activity and stop any efforts that lead towards the Sith Empire. And to be clear, I am going to do just that. You may be our envoy, but I have a minimal responsibility for your safety. Since I won't make any conditions for your investigation, I'd like to know which kind of precautions are necessary for your wellbeing."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:53 am

The technician nods again as he takes the comlink away. He fiddles with it, again attaching it to a handheld device. This time he puts an earpies to his ear as if listening to files or 'voicemail' messages or other. His brow raises.

"Hrm.." he says. Then he returns with the comlink.
"There is a voice message from this 'Layla Finn'. Here.. I'll play it for you..."

He presses a button:

"Trigo, it's me," says a silky female voice. "I missed you last night at the Brass Ass. Me and the boys had quite a few drinks and laughs at your expense. Anyway ... Keep in touch. I hope you are staying out of trouble. Try not to get too mixed up in all that Hutt business.... you know that nothing ever good comes of it. Anyhoo..... See you later, Space Cowboy..."

~Bo~

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:54 am

Tarak winces faintly. "Hutts.. that doesn't sound good. I hope this is just a private venture then, but what would possess them to attack Republic ships given they're trying to stay neutral? I very much hope they're not being swayed by the Empire."

He considers the Commander's words, nodding. "I appreicate it, I can use my abilites if my life is in true danger, but that would reveal that a Jedi's here and it'd drive any Imperials deeper underground. Can any of your crew play the parts of gang members or other undesirables? A brawl breaking out in the catina if I run into trouble would be just what I need to make an escape."

The Padawan pauses. "I'm not sure what's the best way to approach Layla, if it's not the right way she's likely to clam up and not say anything, what are your own thoughts on that?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:14 am

"I am a ship captain, Padawan Tarak," Shawn says after listening to the recording and Tarak. "That puts me into a quite unique position where I do not meet people like Layla in shady cantinas. Maybe not even men like Trigo Sloan as long as they wouldn't be a pilot on my ship. So I cannot give you much insight into dealing with them and I hate to make assumption without solid facts. To put it short, I don't know how to approach her. Why don't you tell her that you're a new crew member on the pirate ship that was destroyed and watched Trigo Sloan get trapped in a tractor beam. But put inot consideration what I said before."

He looks at the people gathered in the office of the cabin. "I think I could order a few men to help you and start a brawl, but I don't think it'd be agood idea if they get trapped in a detention, let alone stabbed or shot. I minimize the danger for my ship and its crew and this doesn't sound like a safe trip. As for the Hutts, it's not a big surprise because they're scum, murdering and snatching whatever they can. But I'm a little surprised that they ventured so far into Galactic Republic territory and I'm sure it's far from beneficial if they are in league with the Sith Empire."