Infinite Galaxy: Screen Scroll (Bo - 'ToR' Era)

An epic game set in the Star Wars universe that takes place in real-time RP sessions using the Saga Edition rules.Run by Darth Bo
Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Crisis on Ithor

Post by Donan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:01 pm

Tarak nods lightly. "I might be able to pose as a friend of Trigo's, trying to find out what happened to him. And you're right about your crew."

The padawan squares his shoulders. "In the end, this is my responsiblty and it's not right for me to have others take the risks for me. I'll be cautious and careful in the catina, and I'll make sure to leave quickly if it looks like trouble."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:47 pm

"It's good we understand each other," Shawn says. "But I did not says that I'm unwilling to supply you with things you need. If you want a few soldiers who can help you out in case you get in bar fight and don't want to Force-shove everyone around to show that you're a Jedi."

"And if you're in a very severe situation, I'll just suppor you with an orbital bombardment," he adds. There's no hint of a smile or any other sign that he was joking, although it is obvious, since a Galactic Republic ship captain will never fire on any civilian structures. At least that's a part of the rules of engagement any GR officer should respect.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Tarak gives a light grin of mild amusement, choosing to believe that the Commander isn't serious. "I'm grateful for the offer of distraction then, hopefully neither it nor the bombardment will be needed. Can you tell me how far from Ithor we are and when we'll arrive?"

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:00 pm

"I can't give you a definitive answer, since there has been no further decision from the admiral regarding our departure," Shawn replies. "If we were to jump to Ithor now, it would still be a few hours. At least if we do not encounter any other circumstances."

He leaves it open what could be an obstacle during a hyperspace jump.

"When you thought about it, you can contact Zannc again and she will forward your requests to me. Or you just talk to Captain Woz. I'm sure he can help you out with a few of his men and women. Please excuse me now. The sooner I have the report done and sent, we can proceed with our jump. Or do you need anything immediately?"

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:39 am

Tarak smiles, bowing his head. "Of course Commander, thank you. I'll consider the matter and speak to one of them soon." Nothing else at the moment, thank you again. I'll leave you to your work."

Assuming Shawn has nothing else to add, Tarak'll head to the turbolift and return to his quarters, to give the matter some more thought.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:44 am

Turning back to his report, Commander Szaras'haw'nuruodo finishes his work, carefully including everything they learnt from the pirate leader and his comlink and sends it together with an after action report to Admiral Nehouse ship. He expects that they're done here very soon and get to Ithor as fast as possible. Maybe they can still use any confusion that may occur after the pirates lost the last encounter.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Commander Shawn does indeed hear back from Admiral Nehouse. Shawn's holo-com system beeps and a blue image of Lex appears.

"Commander Szaras'haw'nuruodo," he says. "I received your report. Thank you very much. The rest of the fleet took similar damage as your own section so we will be regrouping a bit. The Firestorm II will remain under your control for the time being."

"It also seems like you were the only one to capture one of the enemies alive. You have done well in your interrogation of this Trigo Sloan.. I agree with you that he will be key in getting to the bottom of this business on Ithor. Intelligence reports show that there are likely no further obstacles on our way to the planet. Central Command has suggested that you proceed towards Ithor's main orbital city in order to start your investigation. The rest of the fleet will jump to an area behind one of Ithor's 6 moons. From there we can monitor the situation, make sure all hyperspace lanes are clear, and receive reinforcements. Do you have any questions or comments, Commander?"
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:45 pm

"Other than it is an exellent idea, no sir," Shawn replies. "And I'm a little ashamed to say it, but it wasn't my idea to capture the fleeing pirates. The credit for it should go to the Firestorm II. I assume that Trigo Sloan should stay aboard my ship, if we have to evalute any informations we might gather."

He waits until there's anything else, before terminating the connection and preparing the ship for the jump.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Bo » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:48 pm

The Admiral nods. "Indeed... unless you feel he would be of some help on the ground. It is possible. I will leave that to your judgement as you have met the man and would be better able to judge his character. Often times these mercenaries hold no allegiance to one faction or another. If you could use him in the interest of the Republic, it would be grand." He pauses. "Very well, Commander. Your honesty is appreciated. I will commend the captain of the Firestorm II."
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:27 pm

Shawn doesn't raise a brow. He's certain it is no honesty, but duty to tell who is responsible and should be rewarded for the capture.

"As you can imagine, I won't be on the ground to investigate, but our Jedi envoy seems to be quite experenced to handle it. I will look if we can persuade the pirate into helping the Glactic Republic. Since most pirates are either freelancers or mercenarie a certain amount of credits might be the only means we need. I see what I can do," Shawn promises, convinced that he has to talk to Padawan Tarak about Trigo Sloan again. "I'd like to get to Ithor as soon as possible, admiral. Is there any other advice you might want to share with me?"