Infinite Galaxy: Screen Scroll (Bo - 'ToR' Era)

An epic game set in the Star Wars universe that takes place in real-time RP sessions using the Saga Edition rules.Run by Darth Bo
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Crisis on Ithor

Post by Bo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:59 am

"No," says the Admiral. "No there is not. And I would wish you 'good luck' - but in that case, you seem to have always made your own. We will establish contact again when we are in position near Ithor. Nehouse out," the holofeed goes blank.

In the meantime, the crews of the Icebreaker and Firestorm II have run diagnostics. Reports are available to Commander Shawn and the ships are being readied for another jump through hyperspace towards Ithor.
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:32 pm

"Thank you, admiral," Shawn replied quickly. With everything prepared, he orders their jump to Ithor as soon as possible. While on the way he thinks about Trigo Sloan and how they should deal with him. He didn't seem to happy about his capture and there was no effort to rescue him. But maybe the pirate 'fleet' hasn't noticed his absence. And he could help out Padwan Tarak if he's with him and not detained in a cell aboard a cruiser.

Minutes later he heads to Tarak's cabin.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:01 pm

Tarak has taken the time he's been given to sink into mediation and now focuses on calming his mind and emotions. Unease about the mission to come had been afflicting him, worry that a single false step would spell diaster for the Republic, and it was vital that he stay calm and centred or his fear of making a critical error would risk becoming true.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:04 pm

During his meditation, Tarak does indeed get an unnerving sense of something wrong. Commander Shawn has hinted at things 'not quite being right' before, and the Force only confirms that fact. As the Icebreaker hurtles through hyperspace on its way to Ithor, there is the sense of a phantom menace behind all of these events...

During the journey, the ship's crew is able to update the Commander regarding the sub-fleet's status. It seems the extra fighter squadron was able to dock with the Firestorm II, giving that ship Alpha and Beta squadrons. The Icebreaker still houses 3 squadrons of its own: Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon. Of the figher squadrons, only Alpha has taken any damage. The Firestorm also reports that its shields are in full order but repairs will need to be made to some of its systems.
[health]790/850 FSII, A - 322/440 (-1)[/health]
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:25 am

Acknowledging the Firestorm II's and the status of the starfighter, Shawn proposes that the ships should be repaired as fast as possible without too much pressure to the crews. If they get into trouble, they'd have to wait for the rest of the fleet and it would be unwise to have tense and maybe tired crewmen performing their tasks on a less than optimal level.

A few minutes after the ship has entered hyperspace, Commander Szaras'haw'nuruodo uses a turbolift to get from his in-port cabin at the combat information center to Tarak's quarters. He greets any encountered crewmember with a nod as he is on his way. Of course he cannot know what the Padawan is doing, but Shawn intends to discuss Trigo Sloan again and how he can aid them, or rather Tarak, in the investigation to find the ones who are responsible for the piracy and the violation of the statutes.

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:09 am

Upon sensing the Commander approaching Tarak ends his mediation, collecting himself and raises from the bed. He waits for the man to either enter the room or announce his presence before opening the door to welcome him and bowing his head.

"Commander, good to see you again." He smiles at the other man.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:55 pm

After Shawn has used a panel next to the door to notify the inhabitant of his presence, being welcomed, entering the Padawan's quarters and closing the door behind him, he stays standing in front of the door with his hands clasped behind the back.

"Thank you, Padawan Tarak. I'd like to discuss the fate of Trigo Sloan. The admiral sanctioned his stay aboard the Icebreaker, so we can get more information from him, if you need any details if you're in the field. But I think we might could go one step further: I'm considering to offer him an uncertain sum of credits to ensure his full coopertaion. Maybe we can even persuade him to accompany you, if this offers us more options. I'm quite interested on your thoughts on the matter. And don't worry, I won't let him get executed aboard my or any other ship of the fleet. He has the right to get a fair trial under Galactic Republic terms."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:00 pm

The crews of the ships begin repairing what damaged they have sustained. This is a common matter and shouldn't be a problem for the experienced crews of the Firestorm II and Icebreaker. The engineers will update the Commander on the status of the ships as more information is available.
Run with the RP!
~Bo~

Donan
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Donan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:06 pm

Tarak grimances, rubbing at his chin. "I'm certainly happy to do that Commander, and in my opinion he's likely to work with us in return for money. From my conversation with him he doesn't have any particular hatred of the Republic, or devotion to anything else. Profit would be enough."

Tarak shakes his head sadly. "Such a hollow life.. but the problem is Commander, he won't remember me or what I am. Given the risks of the Sith learning I;m here, I wiped myself from his memory."

The padawan frowns. "The Force can do terrible things to a mind, it can change memories, maybe even your whole personality. I'd never normally employ such methods, but the Sith -cannot- learn I'm here, or it risks a new full scale war breaking out."
See what I did there? :D

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:21 pm

"Only because you're a Jedi and looking into a little piracy? I'm afraid you're flattering yourself, Padawan Tarak," Shawn states. "As long as you're no full-fledged Jedi you cannot be held responsible for a war. And if the Sith will use it as a reason, then they're incredibly pathetic. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sith are actually responsible for the piracy, too, because I suspect them to be the ones who're trying to secure the resource on Ithor."

Shawn actually worries a little about the Jedi's mind-washing abilities. If Tarak as a Padawan is able to do such things, then the Sith are actually even more dangerous. Maybe there's a Sith aboard and he hasn't even noticed it? But maybe Tarak would have seen or felt him, or however they notice each other. Shawn already plans to put down a fourth secret backup of his files and reports and to decrease the intervalls of the updates from six to three hours.

"Since Trigo Sloan shouldn't remember you it would be far easier to manipulate him," he says. "How far should we try to go? Do you think it is a good idea to try to convince him that you're his ally or maybe another new pilot?"