Chapter 2: Intrigue on Ithor

An epic game set in the Star Wars universe that takes place in real-time RP sessions using the Saga Edition rules.Run by Darth Bo
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 2: Intrigue on Ithor

Post by Bo » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:16 am

Aboard the Icebreaker...

A hologram of Admiral Nehouse appears in front of Shawn. He is dressed in his typical fashion and his bearing is Austered. He says, "Greetings, Commander. What have you to report? My sources tell me that the blockade is going swimmingly well and that your forces are working with the Ithorian authorities." He nods. "It is always a good idea for the Republic to be seen as cooperative rather than coercive. I applaud your efforts and your results."

"What can I do for you?"
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:21 am

Aboard the Icebreaker...

"I'm sorry about this sudden contact, but it is an urgent matter," Shawn begins, apologzing for this unscheduled meeting. "We have intercepted a transmission from the planet. Of course we have to verify it's content, since we just decyphered it, but I can tell you that we made very quick progress, although it seemed to took a lot longer. Anyway, this seems to be a message from a Sith on the planet. I'll have my lieutenant transmit you a copy of it right away," he says with a glance to Zannc. "It appears to be an request or notification about an imminent attack on our fleet around Ithor..."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:28 am

At the checkpoint in the city...

Keyes moves towards the woman, but fires at her as long as she's still in his sights. "Keep your distance, "he reminds the men.
Shoot if clear view. Then move 2 squares in her direction. Jump/Climb if necessary. Move: S, S, S, E, E.
If she's not visible then Move first and shoot afterwards.
The troopers follow Keyes example. The one beside him almost imitates the Keyes and the two other move slightly closer and fire again.
Trooper #1 copies Keyes action and movement until his in the northern, adjacent square to Keyes. S, S, E, E, E.
Trooper #2: Shoot, Move: S, S, E.
Trooper #3: Move: S, S, E, S. Shoot.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Aboard the Icebreaker

As Nehouse receives the message, a stern look passes over his face. He nods and looks up at Shawn. "You would appear to be correct. What we don't know, is the size of this fleet." He seems to look at something off screen, a star map or logistics report of nearbye Republic forces, perhaps.

"I will call for more reinforcements immediately. I need to know your orbital strength and how, since you are closer to the situation thatn I, you would have our fleet deploy."
You still have the Icebreaker (Hammerhead), Firestorm II (Praetorian), and 3 squadrons of 4 Aurek fighters. We'll also say that the Ithorian government has given you 4 Blockade runners and 4 More squadrons of 4 Aurek fighters. You also expect another Praetorian to be arriving shortly from Republic space.
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:43 pm

At the checkpoint...

Keyes and his men expertly move forward, trying desperately to elimate any routes of escape for the Sith Apprentice. Each of them squeezes off a shot at Valya. Zip! Zip! Zap! Crack! Only one of them hits its mark, however. Without her lightsaber to deflect the shot, one of the trooper's bolts striker her right arm, causing it to feel numb and cold from the stunning effects. She now will fight less effectively.

Valya...
One of 4 attacks hits. 25 dmg/2 = 13 applied to Valya's HPs because the damage is stun damage. However, it does exceed her damage threshold and she moves - 2 steps on condition track rather than -1!! (Staus: Valya: - 13 HP, -2 on track)
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:04 pm

Valya snarls and internalizes her pain. Drawing on the Force, she takes a few steps forward and pushes forward with both of her hands, exerting herself greatly and drawing upon the Dark Side to fuel her attack.

It feels like a wave of blast energy. Tarak and the two troopers now flanking him are knocked clean on their backs! Tarak moans .. the other too make no sound. They do not move. It is quickly obvious that they are either unconscious or dead.
Valya. Move. Force Slam: UTF 25. Use FP. 25 > Fort on all 3 targets in cone. 6d6 = 22 damage. Troopers are dead. Tarak -1 on condition track and knocked prone! (Valya has used 1 FP)
Tarak...
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:12 pm

Tarak, the wind knocked out of him, stands up and continues to hold his lightsaber across his chest in a defensive manner. Rather than move, he elects to remain still, forcing the Sith to pass him if she chooses to escape.

"You won't escape so easily, Sith.. Republic blood is now on your hands."
Move action: Stand from prone position. Can't really do much else.
Keyes and the remaining trooper....
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:50 am

Aboard the Icebreaker...

"Right away, sir," Shawn says and brings up a small table at the edge of the hologram which shows him the current state of his ships. "The Icebreaker and Firestorm II are at full capacity and we divided the squardon of the Firestorm I among us. We have two capital ships and four fighter squadrons ready. The local government said that they'd be willing to support us as well, but I belive it as soon as their ships are combat-ready. I don't know what the Sith will bring us, but the message seemed to be quite confident that they could defeat us. I also doubt that they know our absolute strength, but I assume that they know at least of our capital ships. I am considering to sent all our ground troops into the city, rather than trap them aboard, in case our ships are disabled..."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:52 am

At the checkpoint...

"Screw that, we can try to patch her up later," Keyes shouts to the one remaining trooper. "Just blast the damn witch."

Both soldiers switch their weapons back to the lethal setting and open fire on the Sith.
Keyes and Trooper: Fire at Valya.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:09 am

Aboard the Icebreaker

"That sounds like a reasonable plan," says Nehouse. "It may also fool the Sith into underestimating us. Lure them in... and perhaps we could stash some of our forces behind the local moons. My sensor officers tell me that the mineral deposits there may interfere with enemy scanners...."

The talk on tactics continues and Shawn and the Admiral come up with a plan of attack - or defense - for the coming onslaught....
You can come up with whatever tactical plan you want for the coming naval battle. We'll do a knowledge tactics check after your next post to see how favorable your circumstances will turn out! DC 15 = Even Battle, DC 20 = Republic has clear edge, DC 25 = Republic has great advantage, DC 30 = Masterful tactical victory!
~Bo~