Chapter 2: Intrigue on Ithor

An epic game set in the Star Wars universe that takes place in real-time RP sessions using the Saga Edition rules.Run by Darth Bo
Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
Title: Darth Bo
User Class: Sith Lord

Re: Chapter 2: Intrigue on Ithor

Post by Bo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:11 am

At the checkpoint....

Keyes and the remaining trooper change their weapons over to lethal mode and fire. The trooper misses, but Keyes's attack strikes Valya in the flank, further injuring her and leaving a smoking hole in her robes.

Valya..
Trooper miss. Keyes hit for 20 dmg! Valya now at - 38 HP, -2 on Track
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:40 am

Aboard the Icebreaker

"I considered something similar but the deposits might also scrambel our own scanners. And if we miscalculate their incoming path, they could cripple our ships before we can react..." Shawn considers
Alright. Use FP for the roll.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:34 pm

Admiral Nehouse inclines his head. The hologram continues. "I trust your judgement, Commander. Do what you need to do. I will keep the command ship behind the moon. Our reinforcements are at your disposal and their status will be transmitted to you shortly....."

The conversation continues and the coming hours approach and then are present.

Commander Shawn presents his strategy to his staff.....
Knowledge Tactics w Force Point: 28. You will have a large advantage in the coming battle! You'd be > 30 but only rolled 1 on your FP. 16+11+1
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:22 pm

In the Ops Room, Commander Szaras'haw'nuruodo stands behind a holographic representation of the Ithorian system. When he talks about his strategy orange indicators blink inside the hologram.

"As you already know, the Sith Empire has sent a fleet to destroy our own ships to get their hands on Ithor's resource," Shawn begins. "Of course we cannot allow that. Admiral nehouse has left it to us to prepare for the assault and has moved his own ship behind the moon. I certainly think that this is a good idea, but also predictable for anyone who knows about the properties and interferences from the moon. So instead of doing the same thing, we will be something much more drastic and surprising: we will place our ships around the hyperspace exit points so if the Sith fleet arrives, we will be behind them. Before their shields come up after their arrival from hyperspace we should have a small window until they're back on full power. In this few seconds we have the opportunity to strike vital systems, maybe even disrupt their shields completely. Our squardons will move in to cripple their ships. For further proof, I intend to capture as much vessels as possible, but I do not take chances. So I do NOT order you to be hesitant but keep up the fire until we are able to confirm when they're no longer a threat. I rather seem them all blown to pieces than losing a single strikefighter. Anyway, as soon as we're able to overpower their shields, our fighters should try and target the life support systems. This should keep them occupied with survival instead of fighting. But as I've stated earlier: if any pilot or cannon cannot put the system in their sights, strike whatever else you can. Any questions?"
Hey Bo, shouldn't we resolve the battle on the city? Perhaps we can get other informations from Valya in case Keyes and Tarak can capture her. Something like comlink codes of the Sith ships or encrypition details...

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:02 pm

I meant for the timeline of the battle down in the city and the space battle to happen at the same time. It's just hard to keep the two synched up. Imagine like in RotJ when Luke and Vader are fighting, the space battle is going on above the Death Star, and the Ewoks, Han, and Leia are fighting on Endor all at the same time.
A few questions are likely asked that the commander is easily able to answer. Soon, the Republic fleet is in position as described by the Commander's strategic vision. On the bridge of the Icebreaker, the officers confirm this, looking at scanner readouts.

"Our defenses are in position, Commander," says one of the officers. "Weapons systems and defenses are at 99%. Would you like our fighters to launch or wait until the enemy drops out of hyperspace?"
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:20 pm

At the Checkpoint...

Valya does her best to dodge Keyes and the trooper as they press the attack. However, her wounds seem to make her slower and without her lightsaber to deflect the blaster bolts, she is struck twice in the trunk! Grunting, she bares her teeth and sneers. "I will have revenge on all of you!!" she snarls.

Valya draws on her inner strength and hops down back into the street, trying to run quickly past her attackers so as to escape.

Attack Keyes 23, Trooper 24, 21 dmg, 24 dmg. 1 attack exceeds damage threshold. Both hit due to your stun damage earlier! The sith is now - 58 HPs, -1 FP, -3 on condition track!!
Valya Feat 'Shake it Off' - Now -2 on track again. Move action as well to put Wx 3, N x 2
Tarak...
~Bo~

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:28 pm

Tarak leaps down onto the street as well, blocking the Sith's escape. He meditates on the Force and attacks. However, his green lightsaber swings wide and misses the target.

Keyes and the Trooper...
Move w x 3. Attack + FP using Rapid Strike: 5 - 2 + 5 + 7 = 15 miss.
~Bo~

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:41 pm

I understand...
Although I doubt that Shawn would have kept up the search for the Sith as soon as he knew of an incoming fleet.
Aboard the Icebreaker

"The fighter squadron should launch immediately but stay close to the ships," Shawn replies. "We don't know yet how effective our first assault will be and the exact position of our enemies. I assume that no one would like to see them crushed by their shields or armor or being stuck in our crossfire."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:45 pm

At the Checkpoint...

"Take her down," Keyes shouts to his comrad and although he's not sure about his opponent's condition but also trying to capture the Sith alive, adds something before firing at her again. "Hit her in the legs or arms..."

Aiming slightly away from Valya's torso Keyes puts another blaster bolt in her direction.
Aim and Shoot.
Same thing for the trooper.
If she's down with a single hit, cease fire.

Bo
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Bo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:14 pm

Keyes and the trooper again aim at Valya and again they fire. Keyes misses but the trooper, who seems uncanny in his accuracy, hits. Valya is now even more wounded, and it takes all she can muster to stay on her feet.
Keyes attack 12 miss. Trooper attack 22 hit thanks to -2 on track. 25 damage!!! That again puts Valya at -3 on track and she's now -83 hit points!
Valya...
~Bo~